What's new

Question Best stages for Lobo?

BGMD

Noob
I made a post in combo thread about what I think is undoubtedly best stage for Lobo, Lagoon section of Batcave, so I'll just quote myself (expanded it a bit):

this is something I wanted to bring up, that lagoon part of Batcave might be one of better stages for Lobo because of b12 wires combo ability

you can do cool stuff like this and be really creative

b12, wires, j2, 113, MB toss, b3, f21, low hook 52% (55% w trait)
b12, wires, (load trait, wait a sec or dash under) b2u1, 113, MB toss, wires, dash, 12 1+3 59% (62% w trait)
b12 (or b2u1), wires, (load trait, wait a sec or dash under) b2u1, 113, MB toss, wires b2u1 spin cycle (to throw them in corner) 59%
4, 21, low shot, wires, (slight walk forward or dash under), b2u1, 113, MB toss, wires, b3, f21, low hook 50%

aa combo example
3, wires, b2u1, wires (depends on positioning) 113, MB toss, b3, dash 12 1+3 61% (63% w trait)

on the right side you can throw barrel (can be MB'd) and connect with MB space hook for 30% and throw them in corner
it gets better. since he rolls the barrel instead of throwing it, if they're close you can even do a quick dash and combo of it with 1 or 12 toss

barrel, dash 12, MB toss, 21, hook charge 41%
cj2, barrel, dash 113, MB toss, f21, hook charge 47% (49% w trait)
There are also not that many interactables that gadget characters could use on for resets and oki advantage, even if they blow up generator it's a half job done for Lobo.
Lobo benefits greatly from exposed wires (also allows you to safely load trait) and makes them respect low starter even more which may open other possibilities.
Only thing to be mindful of and haven't seen really done by anyone yet is that they can attach the bomb on the elevator on the left side.

Do you guys have any other preferred stages?

P.S. Avoid Atlantis like a plague.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Always been a Themyscira fan i like background bounces and the double interactables if you play your cards right. Those wires tend to screw me up but I can see them being really useful with practice.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
It's funny you say to avoid Atlantis, cause I always play there with Lobo. I've been playing a ton of Watchtower, seems like a really neutral stage.

BGMD

Noob
Atlantis really benefits more to gadget chars since startup on that sphere and "bible" is slow, they can blow them up faster and they can use water tanks more than once and slide on that tube left and right all day. I really, really hate that stage.

Drones on Watchtower can be thrown by anyone in a same way, I just don't like how they appear from the right side, it like a lottery.

Arkham cell block I feel is not bad also, especially because of how fast you can dash up to anyone who attempts to throw TV's and full combo punish them.

EDIT: one more thing about wires in Lagoon is that I've noticed they tend to screw up other peoples combos, while any of those I've listed are not particularly hard to do, and they even allow you to safely load trait mid combo.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
i like metropolis
a car to slam on each side
the true corner (no stage transition) has the machine gun that can extend lobos combos like crazy
it also seems smaller too me which is also a plus

also has a lot of potential with TWO stage transitions that i have not messed with yet

I like any stage with throwables that have long hard knockdown time. Like Arkham Asylum. Mainly because, you can nail a combo, OTG with the tv/throwable, dash up and get a meaty czar toss.

Jaku2011

Fortress of Solitude is very good for lobo just started playing with it and it has everything Lobo wants including a way to combo off of b12. I think it's perfect.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I always pick gotham city for some reason. I don't even know why. I guess it limits my options as far as combos go... but I feel more comfortable when they don't have those options either lol.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I try to pick the Lagoon batcave as much as possible to open up meterless damage opportunities (and partly because it'll mess up most people combos.) Also, aside from the inital wire generator, there aren't many interactables in the level, which I think is fine since Lobo isn't a very space dictating character, at least not like several others.

Just the barrels, which need to be opened up before anyone can use them, and the elevator gadget characters can jump off of.

Jaku2011

Also started doing standing 3 AA into laser on FoS you get a B3 into whatever off of it. Only thing I don't like about the Fortress is the position of the background bounce every time I've hit it the opponent comes back at an awkward angle.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Lobo is great on Fortress of Solitude. Start the match with a standing 3. If they jump forward and it hits them, jump up and throw the spike ball at them. If it hits them standing, you get a free trait load.

Flagg

Noob
As much as I hate(d) them, i've gotten used to interactables kind of but i HATE stage transitions, so I prefer Atlantis more than anything.

I've found starting with standing 3 in a lot of matches to be particularly good. This will hit a lot of people unless they start the match moving backwards.

That is true, a zoning gadget/agility character can use the water blast to keep Lobo in check. I think it would be fine if you could break the glass and they cannot use the water blast afterwards, kinda like how a power character can get rid of the dumpster in Gotham Alley. I've always found it strange that you can break the glass and still shoot water out of the wall in the same match.

What do you guys think about Metropolis Museum? I think Lobo is a character that benefits from splat-causing interactables, and the plane and car handle that well. Only thing I don't like about the stage is the artificial wall on the right side that breaks when you do something like B3 an opponent through it.

Jaku2011

Museum? nobody picks that stage lol. I literally just found out like yesterday that power characters can use the rocket launcher.