What's new

Question Best stage for Superman?

skahwt

Noob
Why is Atlantis so good for Superman? I've been picking that stage as Batman vs Superman because I thought it was a better stage for acrobatic characters. Oops.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
The slow speed of using the wall interactable means they cant use it against your breath pressure, and by activating trait constantly you can punish them for trying to MB it, while they generally can't stop you from using it. To end a round you can use it after your combo for a lot of guaranteed damage, especially if your trait is up. At round start, the throwable interactable spaces perfectly with your F23 F23 F2scoop 3 punch, while being a short enough stage that they're already cornered after that.

Lots of reasons.

Why is Atlantis so good for Superman? I've been picking that stage as Batman vs Superman because I thought it was a better stage for acrobatic characters. Oops.

Atlantis is good for Supes for a number of reasons.

All interactibles can be MB'd.
You can combo into unavoidable setups for the globe or rune tablet.
You can punish acrobat characters trying to swing on the middle pole.
You basically can't approach him in either corner without potentially eating trait+tidal wave which is nuts damage
It's a smaller stage so Supes can play HIS corner game

And this is all while being able to end any combo in whichever direction he wants.