What's new

Breakthrough - Slasher Best Slasher Pressure Guide

Hey guys, I think I've found the best possible Jason Slasher Pressure for this character that exists at the moment.
The 2 short videos above demonstrates most of what I'm saying.
Jason's 12 on block is plus 2 which is his best pressure string. When blocked, the opponent will be forced into a guess. This is because when they block this you have a few options...
1, Go for big damage with F32.
2, Use Slashers great armour, either the DF1 or the BF2, when he tries to poke at all which will go straight through.
3, Do a D1 and continue the pressure.
4, Do a 42 into grab which is a safe overhead which now cannot be interrupted.

The best thing to do is to go for option 2 (armour) in order to train your opponent to hold block. Once the opponent respects your options, you then go for your Mixup which is Low/Overhead, overhead or Grab.

I think Slasher is a weak variation overall post patch but this is by far the most effective way to use him.

The best thing about this tech is that once they start worrying about the pressure of 12 and your armour, they're more vulnerable to getting caught in a F42 and will then eat huge damage (36% or 40% 1 Bar mid screen, 40% or 44% in the corner).

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Thanks man. I just hope they buff him cause I can't use him in tournament.
Yeah I hope so too. I was hoping he was going to get a little something in the last patch but he didn't :/ though he did get a tiny bit in the one before that IIRC but it wasn't much lol