What's new

Best NRS game of the Decade?

Which is the best NRS game of the decade?

• MK9

Votes: 94 42.7%
  • Injustice:Gods Among Us

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • MKX

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Injustice 2

Votes: 18 8.2%
  • MK 11

Votes: 50 22.7%
  • Undecided too close to call for me

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So I've seen a few posts discussing best mk game of the past decade. But none about NRS best game in general past decade?

Discuss, vote and have fun!

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Rose tinted glasses yield votes for MK9. It was fun but broken beyond belief. Cyrax vs Kabal was the only matchup that mattered in most high level games. As for characters, it was a really good selection. Too bad most were not viable at tournaments.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Rose tinted glasses yield votes for MK9. It was fun but broken beyond belief. Cyrax vs Kabal was the only matchup that mattered in most high level games. As for characters, it was a really good selection. Too bad most were not viable at tournaments.
A bit. It's more that the game had the potential to be great with just a bit of attention to detail. It was yet free of the variation debacle and had simple mechanics. It had the best roster, the best background stages, and while opinions on costumes vary, DLC outfits would have even remedied some people's dislike for the styles.

With proper development it could have been, or could be, the best MK of all time.

Espio

Kokomo
I'd like to answer this question once support for MK11 ends entirely.

MKX became a much better game at the end of the game's life versus the cluster it was at the start and that was the case for some of the others too so it's possible for that to happen for MK11 too. It's not a fair comparison to the others currently because the others got to go through the full life cycle of patches, growth and additions.

I am undecided.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Very true... we can all recall the raging on those crazy Cyrax combos. Maxter, Maxter...

One of my absolute favorite things about the era was meeting all of our international friends. I actually met several at EVO 2013 including Mustard, Ketchup, f0xy, UsedForGlue, LaD Lurker... VERY fun times. Not to forget also meeting Ed Boon for the first time..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mk 9 had its issues but let’s not pretend the others didn’t including MK 11 that some people for whatever reason put on this pedestal of perfection, it's anything but. At any rate I think it’s fair to compare the game mk 11 has been out roughly a year almost few more months, I was going to wait til April but since it’s a decade question and 2019 just ended figured why not.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If I'm playing one of them online in 2020 I'm going to MK11 and not even questioning it.

But I think MK9 is the best overall package for its time. As a competitive fighter, it's not the best, but it still had a very hype tourney scene. But more importantly, it was just a great game. The music, story mode, single player modes, characters and overall cohesion were the best. IGAU didn't really look or sound good. MKX story mode wasn't great and the initial roster didn't really pop off. Injustice 2 didn't have great single player modes and the gear felt tacky. MK11 story mode was up and down. MK9 was a more cohesive and fresh game for its time and that's what the greats are remembered for IMO.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I had to use my rose tinted glasses and vote for my favorite story mode, the best cast, and a broken little game that I spent so much time with I could to this day do everyone's bnbs no problem. Injustice: Gods Among Us and I ain't even kidding. Truly got me into the community, and that matters more than everything else anyway. I played and liked MK9 and it got me to locals and here on tym, but IGAU is the reason I care.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm so sick of seeing the "rose tinted glasses" shit when people say they love MK9.

Put that shit in front of me and I'm playing it and HAVING FUN, unlike the absolute borefest that is MK11. How is it always rose tinted glasses when people just honestly like it more? I don't give two shits about it being broken. I'm not going to EVO or getting sponsored ever. I play for fun and the game was fun as hell.

I'd personally put MK11 dead last as far as this decade of NRS titles go.