What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu Best ex-Kunai Setup?

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Guys, lately I have been experimenting with all sorts of ex kunai Setups. Like the jump-in kick after the hard knockdown and so on. I now wanted to ask which one you guys prefer!

For which setup would you sacrifice some combo damage?

Maybe we can even start a poll of some sort, if anyone has a list of all currently-known setups can help me with this?

LET THE WORLD KNOW HOW BROKEN OUR CHAR IS! YEEEHAW!

Wigy

There it is...
Bf4 ex kunai instant air teleport (whiffed) (release kunais) into b2 or b3.

Kunais give u enough adv on block to get out b2 or b3 i find and instant air tele catches people jumping out. Most people dont know how to react here.

The other unblockable ones are better but this is just one to add to arsenal

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

Kunais give u enough adv on block to get out b2 or b3 i find and instant air tele catches people jumping out. Most people dont know how to react here.

i think he already knows pretty much every ex kunai set up in the book as hes constantly at war with St9rm..

jokey77

Character Loyalist
All I do is trying to get some attention to a cool character with an even cooler mask. Why all this hate!?

One should love Takeda for having the strongest tool in the whole game (ex kunai setups). It is not like I'd say that "ex-kunai setups should be nerfed" or anything. I mean, one could argue that unblockables should be in fighting games, why not? They are the logical next step once 50/50s have been implemented! Maybe some people prefer fighting games that are not about correct reads, but simply about not getting caugth by a teleport punch or a long range whipp in the first place. That's perfectly fine!

Our love for Takeda should unite us, not make us say bad stuff! I am somewhat sad now, why are you so rude...? An apology might help!

jokey77

Character Loyalist

This one is good! A little bit more technical than what the average Takeda player might be used to, but a great mix-up! I like this one too...

Why is noone using the whirlwind-overhead in combination with the kunais, btw? I like doing this one every now and then! Most opponents just stand there blocking low after ex-kunais got thrown out. Thus it is the ideal Moment for the overhead special!