What's new

General/Other - Mileena Best button sequence for jump kick cancelling into tele-kick?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I've been playing around in the lab trying to find the most reliable way to pull of a jump kick->tele-kick. I started with the default 3,d,d3 or 4,d,d3 which the latter worked best but inputting the dd3 after connecting the 3 or 4 was too inconsistent. It would miss, especially when jump kicking a standing opponent. After working it out, I've found that 4,d,d3,3 is the most reliable button combination as it always connects before the player lands and doesn't seem to punish you for the extra 3 as an air-sai follow up will still execute afterwards every time. Its also easier to do using a different kick button than the command. I was wondering if anyone else had a better way to do it?

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I don't get how pressing 3 again -after you already pressed the kick+tele buttons- helps..
Just because of the speed these need to be entered for the tele-kick to land, sometimes the first 3 gets pushed before the second 3. I don't really understand why it works either, but I'm guessing that if the first 3 gets pushed before the 4 connects (or even the second d is pressed), the next 3 will still operate as if you didn't push the first 3. It doesn't seem that the command buttons affect the recording of the direction buttons when performing specials, or at least not enough to keep d, "3d", 3 from accepting d,d3 was pressed.

It could also be that the first 3 is hitting before the 4 connects and as such is nullified so the next 3 executes.

Just because of the speed these need to be entered for the tele-kick to land, sometimes the first 3 gets pushed before the second 3. I don't really understand why it works either, but I'm guessing that if the first 3 gets pushed before the 4 connects (or even the second d is pressed), the next 3 will still operate as if you didn't push the first 3. It doesn't seem that the command buttons affect the recording of the direction buttons when performing specials, or at least not enough to keep d, "3d", 3 from accepting d,d3 was pressed.

It could also be that the first 3 is hitting before the 4 connects and as such is nullified so the next 3 executes.
I get what your saying but normally it shouldn't affect the timing of the teleport after the kick. The result would simply be tele not coming out. But if it works then good for us.

Until now I was doing it like Baconlord said but it's not 100% consistent, the tele sometimes does not hit and is annoying. I will try it your way next time.