What's new

Best anti-airing normals Guide

Arzumis

Noob
Now that the beta has been out for a while and you can anti air much more consistently I thought id get the community's opinion on the best anti airing normals and so maybe this could be a guide. Will update as people post their characters best ones

Jax : s1, s2 ,d2
Quan chi: d3 s2
Cassie: s1 ,s2
Reptile: b1
Ferra/Torr: d3
Kung Jin: s1, u1, d1
Goro: u2
Mileena: piercing b1
Kano: b1( not in cutthroat)
Kotal : b1
Sonya: s3
Takeda: ronin s2
Kenshi's s1, d1,
D'vorah's d2
Tremor's s2, f1, d2.
Shinnok's d2 ,

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Errons s1 is pretty good no?

Jax's uppercut hits behind his head, i've comboed off it midscreen before. Very good AA

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
Tanya has ex Drill Kick. If they give her armor on her teleport that'll be better. other than that nothing but a D2, pushing it with a D1

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Yea makes sense lol, so an AA would actually work by U2 on some characters? I would imagine that would come out way too late. Thanks.
Only a few characters have U2 or or other up input normals. Goro does, but most dont. Liu kang and Mileena also come to mind with U+button normals

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
All decent AA normals can work as far as I know you just have an incredibly small window to make it happen against Sub's J1.
That's why i said consistently on reaction lol. Only thing I know for sure works to beat Sub's crossup silly punch 9/10 times is D'Vorah's D2. Was wondering if anyone had anything else or if he just pwns crossup city.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
That's why i said consistently on reaction lol. Only thing I know for sure works to beat Sub's crossup silly punch 9/10 times is D'Vorah's D2. Was wondering if anyone had anything else or if he just pwns crossup city.
Reaction no, only psychics can AA his J1 mere mortals require armor. The best way to attempt it is to try and walk back before you AA if you get it just right you take away some of the nastier part of the hitbox, but again this is really hit and miss.

Xev

Noob
Ronin Takeda standing 2 is reaaaaally good for anti airing. It looks slow but Sonya's standing 3 is really good too. Even completely beats Raidens neutral jump punch as an example.