What's new

best anti-air option? [skarlet]

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I have been trying to use s1 or s2, but s2 is too slow and s1 has too short of range.
I have this exact same problem.
s2 converions are also hella wonky. I try doing just 21 tongue but that doesn't always link, s2 44 doesn't always link and is very tight, s2 124 only works on close jump ins. It's just pretty inconsistent overall. f2 blood ball is inconsistent and doesn't really punish hard enough to really condition anyone.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
I have this exact same problem.
s2 converions are also hella wonky. I try doing just 21 tongue but that doesn't always link, s2 44 doesn't always link and is very tight, s2 124 only works on close jump ins. It's just pretty inconsistent overall. f2 blood ball is inconsistent and doesn't really punish hard enough to really condition anyone.
actually after watching eddy's video and labbing a bit, S1's range isn't short at all (actually kindof long range), it just only has 2 active frames (AKA: 1 30th of a second that it can hit people). So it will be heavily timing based, but S1 is gonna be my go to except for specific situations. The most optimal converts I have off of anti air s1 are: S1~FF~212 4~DB4F (210.27) . Only works on close range jumpins, but that's mainly what I was looking for. Eddy goes over some better situational stuff in his video though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
actually after watching eddy's video and labbing a bit, S1's range isn't short at all (actually kindof long range), it just only has 2 active frames (AKA: 1 30th of a second that it can hit people). So it will be heavily timing based, but S1 is gonna be my go to except for specific situations. The most optimal converts I have off of anti air s1 are: S1~FF~212 4~DB4F (210.27) . Only works on close range jumpins, but that's mainly what I was looking for. Eddy goes over some better situational stuff in his video though.
If they are kicking above your jab level it means they are using the kick as early as possible, the best counter to these jumps its s4 or neutral duck into a trip guard punishing.

I feel like she has anti air problems in general. I usually go for the s2 trip guard, but even when people are directly above you d2 and u2 will whiff. Idk what to about cross up jumps on wale up.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I feel like she has anti air problems in general. I usually go for the s2 trip guard, but even when people are directly above you d2 and u2 will whiff. Idk what to about cross up jumps on wale up.
I'll have to watch Eddys video when i get home it's blocked at work,
These are what I find the most success with though,

I find s1 to be great at a longer distance,

D1 will catch some cross over JKs Lab which ones,

S2 when they are at the apex of there jump and you are closer to them, or trip gaurding them on landing when you space it out
- S2 and juggle combo 124 on hit, do not dial in 212 the 12 will wiff

F2 if you read jump and want to catch them at the start up, or at some distances when they are coming down, this will wiff at the apex of the jump most of the time,
(f2 Blood shot life steal is nice)

D1 on some cross overs, feels character situation dependent

Sounds like S4 works in certain situations as well, I haven't used that yet but will lab it now and see how consistent it is.

D2 feels like it has a pretty good hit box but you need to hit them just as they are coming down or it gets stuff, i don't use it much to AA unless im sure it's gonna hit.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I will say it again, if you get stuffed regularly off your antiairs either
  1. They are doing too early of a kick which in this particular case, you should duck and whiff punish and not interrupt
  2. If their kick hits you while you are crouching them meaning you need to anti-air
s1, works on distance
s2, works on read
s4, defeats most of the jump attacks that s2 can't beat
d1, avoids peak jumps kicks

I will say it again, if you get stuffed regularly off your antiairs either
  1. They are doing too early of a kick which in this particular case, you should duck and whiff punish and not interrupt
  2. If their kick hits you while you are crouching them meaning you need to anti-air
s1, works on distance
s2, works on read
s4, defeats most of the jump attacks that s2 can't beat
d1, avoids peak jumps kicks
What do you do for cross up jump attacks on wake up?