What's new

General/Other Behold mine spikes of villainy! - Ares General Discussion

I can't see him having zoning, but he does have a teleport. I wonder how many people are
gonna hop on the Ares train when he's announced.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Well, usually, you would of thought of Ares being all about "get in your face" type of character. But him being a zoner isn't a bad thing, I actually like it.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm guessing he'll have higher damage and slower normals/combos. And for of a lot of them to involve various weapons for extra range.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well no...doesn't he have telepathic powers as well? Can't he literally control the weapons he has mastery of independently of his body?

i agree with deyrax, being a god of war i expected him to be a good brawler/rushdown character. definitely not a zoner, but as long as they pull it off and it looks good it's fine.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Not all gods are the same. Being God of War probably has to be more about head-to-head fighting. Sitting on his ass and throwing projectiles would be more of a Zeus way of dealing with things.
He's the god of war, not the soldier. Haha. No god wastes time and that's what you'd be doing if you were fighting head-to-head when you could simply will your opponent's own sword through their face.

My expectation/hope for Ares was that he'd have this ridiculously large Nightmare-style zweihänder, and his trait would be to shift stances between slow, powerful sword-in-hand stance and a faster telekinetic sword stance where it works like Eddie's Shadow/Carl Clover's automaton.

It never once occurred to me that a god would engage in brawler style combat.

Reactions: RYX
terrible example, but kratos gets in your head and tear you to pieces, i was expecting something more like that, with assists from his floating axes and swords.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
He's the god of war, not the soldier. Haha. No god wastes time and that's what you'd be doing if you were fighting head-to-head when you could simply will your opponent's own sword through their face.
How can you be god of war if you're afraid to encounter your opponent face-to-face ?

Eddyward

Noob
terrible example, but kratos gets in your head and tear you to pieces, i was expecting something more like that, with assists from his floating axes and swords.
I'm guessing the zoning stuff is similar to how Aquaman is considered a zoner? The Kratos example isn't that bad actually lol. In Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale he has pretty long range on several moves. But he did say projectile setups..