What's new

Guide - Cassie Cage Beginner's Guide/FAQ to Cassie Cage - Run Combos, Which Variation, and More!

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
A read is a calculated guess.

If your opponent pattern plays and you punish them for it, you're 'reading' their moves. It gets harder at high level play when they know that you know that they might wanna wakeup, etc. That's where all the mindgames (yomi) come in.
Makes sense. Did you get my other notice youre tagged in by any chance?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Great work. I was trying cassie today and her combos are not that easy lol.

Idk I might keep trying her later, she seems fun and I love her meterless reversal flik kick. It seems to have good priority. But I wonder with my Jin, Lao, Sub, Quan and Scorps on my pocket do I really need her? lol she will def take me work and struggle to learn.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Great work. I was trying cassie today and her combos are not that easy lol.

Idk I might keep trying her later, she seems fun and I love her meterless reversal flik kick. It seems to have good priority. But I wonder with my Jin, Lao, Sub, Quan and Scorps on my pocket do I really need her? lol she will def take me work and struggle to learn.
She's only considered 'hard' because of her run cancels combos. It's never a bad thing to learn harder game mechanics and these combos are really just about thinking ahead and timing. One you got that down, you'll be able to learn other characters quicker. But really she's just fun as heck to play compared to characters like Scorpion who becomes...stale after a while. I guess he's good to have when you main Cassie and you're matched up with a character like Ferra/Torr though.

She's only considered 'hard' because of her run cancels combos. It's never a bad thing to learn harder game mechanics and these combos are really just about thinking ahead and timing. One you got that down, you'll be able to learn other characters quicker. But really she's just fun as heck to play compared to characters like Scorpion who becomes...stale after a while. I guess he's good to have when you main Cassie and you're matched up with a character like Ferra/Torr though.
This is true. Learning run cancels will definitely help you with other characters run cancel combos. If you play hollywood , getting instant air guns down (which if I'm not mistaken is the tightest instant projectile) you'll be able to do other characters instant projectiles a lot easier. Her combos are very air specific as well.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Cassie does better against ferra torr though especially hollywood

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie does better against ferra torr though especially hollywood
I'll try that out. Also I should probably play with him to see how he works, so it'd be easier to devise a tactic. I rarely even encounter him in MU's online.

I have trouble against ferra torr with Cassie. Probably a me thing, though.
Don't worry I do too, but the problem was probably because I was using Brawler almost religiously. My tactic was jumping a lot until I could land a 1+121 launch. When I started playing her I couldn't even get nut punch stringed into combos ahaha and for some reason the tackle was easier.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I'm from the EU, add me :) Let me know when you wanna play so I can lab the MU because I don't know much about F/T lol
will do, maybe I'm available today :) don't worry I can pretty much tell you everything about them and what cassie can do

@Vslayer yeah brawler should do worse against them in theory. I haven't actually fought a good brawler to test it though, only 2 matches against shura a while ago and he bodied me lol but I'm always down for mu grinding. I only got nice hollywood and spec ops experience so far.