What's new

Beginner Question: How are you holding your controllers? for block and enhance

thejsn

Noob
Hello all, when playing older mortal kombat games I got so use to just using my strongest finger (2nd finger) to hold block (R2/RT), but now that enhance(R1/RB) is not the same button as block(like in X), I'm struggling moving my finger around quick enough between block and enhance. Are most people using their 3rd finger(middle) for block now, and 2nd for enhance?

Doesn't quite feel right? or do I just need to retrain myself?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
This is a good question. I just swith my button to
R1 block
R2 stance
L1 enhance
L2 throw

Feels great aftera learning curve

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
The only buttons i switch are block and interact using my index to block and my middle finger to interact/use meter the only issue with this set up is mid combo fatal blows which admittedly i havent been able to do since mk9 lol

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I keep mine at default, haven't had problems with most moves so far. The problems i face with my execution are properly cancelling attacks for combos sometimes, no button layout can help that.

I recommend getting used to using your Index fingers on both hands for L1 /R1, minimise time spent travelling to / pressing the button.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I just use one finger to switch and don’t have any issues. I guess because if you’re blocking you won’t need to amplify and if you need to amplify you won’t be blocking...