What's new

Beginner character

tih0nn

Noob
Hi guys,

Short story - I'm not much into fighting games, however I was pretty hooked with Street Fighter IV a few years ago. Since then I haven't played a fighting game and the last MK game was MK4 probably 15 years ago.

So I'm still figuring out how the things work here and so far I've completed the tutorial and played through the practice mode a bit. On a first place I've liked Sub-Zero and Liu Kang. Are these begginer friendly characters? I've played Ryu in SF4 and looking for something similar - decent zoning + easy to play.

Thanks in advance guys!

tih0nn

Noob
Thanks guys - played a couple of games with Sub, also Kabal seems fun but harder to play. Will give these two a go for now.

Imo this game only has an "execution barrier" in regards to defense.
Flawless blocking and punishing stuff that's -8 with a 7 frame s1 is where the tough shit comes in.

Optimized combos in this game don't amount to amazing damage, so you're good if you go for the easy ones.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Everyone is easy as fuck. Play whoever you like most for whatever reason.

I play Scorpion because he's a fucking ninja skeleton.
The realness. I've played Scorpion in every MK just because I love him. It's easier than ever in MK11 to just find the character that resonates with you and hit the grind.

Skarlet. Good neutral game, good reaching buttons, pretty safe (if the opponent can't flawless block), op zooning and good mid range. Baraka, he hit like a truck, good buttons and safe character