What's new

Been waiting to make this thread....Injustice 2 should be a tag only fighter

Should there be tag in Injustice 2?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Rip Tag

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Yes, in the tradition set by Capcom & Marvel, if the "Injustice" game gets a sequel, I want it to be based on being a tag (2v2 or 3v3) ONLY fighting game. The tag element was fun, allbeit broken in MK9 and giving it the right treatment, it could be amazing. The greatest tourney fighter was a 3v3 and lasted a good decade in the community. Not saying thats what we need, but its obviously a recipe for greatness. So come on, NRS, lets step it up for whatever "sequel" is to become of this franchise.

:coffee:
i hope someone from NRS sends you a "no discussion". i personally think its a terrible idea.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
No thanks, I think it would mess with the interactables. I like the intensity of the 1-on-1.
Plus match-ups are as crazy as they need to be, the rushdown/hybrid/zoner teams would be ridiculously stupid for me to even begin to understand. I get that there are some awesome tag games, but I didn't really like the tag mechanics in MK9.
Stick with interactables and awesome stages and clash etc. it's what makes Injustice a unique experience..

Strider86

PSN:Sarajina86
They could simply use some type of tag system for this game make the mode DLC for free! :) we have tag already in the awesome IOS game. :joker:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
With the amount people care about matchup numbers and counterpicks i think a KOF style team system would be amazing to see from NRS.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
If they did that then they'd have to completely rework how zoning works in this game. Absolutely ANY AA assist plus a zoning tool or any character's zoning plus more projectiles would probably dominate the setups otherwise and if you thought Deathstroke was annoying he's got nothing on what the game would face with assists.

You'd either need wave dashes, super jumps, universal air dashes, chicken blocking or block dashes to augment mobility just to deal with that alone and thats not even touching the problem with block string infinites and everything else that assists create. I like tag fighters too but its an art form that requires a LOT more tools than what the current system has to keep it in check.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I want to see a skullgirls pick 1/2/3 system :v
That would be a really good idea if NRS could pull it off. Honestly I think one of the reasons it can work in Skullgirls is the limited roster, but I don't have much knowledge of that game so maybe I'm wrong. But that system is very cool and it would be awesome in a game that is not anime crap.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'll pass solely based on some personal preference when it comes to fighting games, unless it's done KoF style.

Tag games usually mean longer combos (due to mechanics designed to create extensions), and that's just the least interesting part of fighitng games to me.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll pass solely based on some personal preference when it comes to fighting games, unless it's done KoF style.

Tag games usually mean longer combos (due to mechanics designed to create extensions), and that's just the least interesting part of fighitng games to me.
This^^^ It upsets me how much health I lose after one juggle in TTT. For shits and giggles they could have tag as another mode though. Just don't make it the primary focus.

shaowebb

To account for longer combos damage would need scaled down some and some things just couldn't be allowed as assists period. No Green Lantern Grab or Raven TK grab could get in as that plus any projectile or teleport =you win. Doomsday's elbow drop and Batgirl's teleport dive would both be abused a lot as they'd essentially be as useful as Strider's Vajra for setting up near unblockable's to fully unblockables and it just goes on and on like that. For example, as Green Arrow I could AA arrow plus Aquaman's trident and wall you off effectively unless you were psychic.

Almost the entire game's list of tools, mobility options, and damage alongside of meter build would have to be reworked for this. Honestly they'd likely have to nerf the idea of calling assists down to it costing meter and given how powerful assist setups and pressure would be it'd have to cost a lot. Half a bar minimal IMO unless they retooled the whole works just to account for it.

Honestly if you're going to do a tag based fighter from what I've played I can say that the only fair way to set that up is to have an infinite/unblockable protection system in place for it like skullgirls does. That is the ONLY way I've ever seen all the bullshit that assist augmenting a combo creates could be kept fully in check and even with that you'd still need to overhaul mobility to deal with runaway being even more augmented via assists.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Not a fan of tag. Liked everything about UMvC3 except the broken assists. You think the buff/nerf shit is bad now? Wait till Injustice gets assists and tags.

No.

No.
I'd rather they make a (somewhat)balanced fighting game. As it is now we don't know if IGAU will turn out to be that game or if it's gonna be another broken mess like MK is. People are acting as if NRS was that great developer when in fact they still have A LOT to learn.
Let them crawl before asking them to run.

McNasty

Moist.
could be really sweet if it was kinda like trilogy 3v3 with the explosive kombat thing going on making it a fast paced sequential game.

2v2 only? No way!

Options my friend always keep options.
As mentioned before in this thread. 1,2,3 format with configurability to make 1v3, 2v2, 1v2, 1v1, 2v1 matches.

See all the wonderful options? Never settle for less when you can have what you want and more.

We know that NRS tries to include new things in their games:

- MK9 was the first game with a lot of innovation like X-Rays,
- Injustice had interactibles and trait abilities,
- MKX will have variations...

What will be new in Injustice 2?
Could we see Injustice 2 being a purely tag-mode based game like Street Fighter X Tekken?

It would fit very well into the universe, since superheroes tend to team up to face threats together. Superman and Batman. Batman and Robin. Green Lantern and Flash. Hell, even the villains team up: Joker and Harley Quinn. Poison Icy and Harley Quinn.

NRS tried pushing tag-mode for MK9, but it never really established itself, which is probably even for the better considering the infinites, touch of death-combos and so on, so balancing it out would be desperately needed.

I hate when fighting games are purely tag-based, tbh. Like seriously, the option for 1v1 combat needs to be there. :/

But yeah, I certainly wouldn't say no to a tag mode in Injustice 2, though it's perhaps a bit early to be thinking about that lol.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Tag option? Yea why not
Tag only? Lol no..
I don't think Injustice needs to be a tag its fine 1v1 .. The option to go tag wouldn't hurt tho. But considering NRS track record a tag only game from them would be...... Lmaoo

shaowebb

Yes. Yes I like this. Oh yes.

NRS should make Injustice its dedicated 2v2 series and rollout tag mechanics. You can see it already with the cyrax bombs and kabal projectiles in Test Your Luck in MKX. They are testing the assists...the setups...the various weird tools.

Please let there be a 2v2 thing in the next Injustice. Do you know how sick my team would have been? I mained Hawkgirl/Bane! Thats perfect since one corner carries and the other corner ANNHILATES! Oh the damage on that team...