What's new

Match-up Discussion Beef Supreme's SZ MatchUp Chart

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I've put this off for so long, but here we go.

6-4 vs Baraka
7-3 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
3-7 vs Cyrax
3-7 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
4-6 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage YEAH. I FUCKING SAID IT.
3-7 vs Kabal
8-2 vs Kano
2-8 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
4-6 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
4-6 vs Sindel
3-7(could be 2-8) vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Ermac

Flame away asshats.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Other than the KL number it looks really good. NW really loses that badly to sub?
Its funny you bring those two up cause I am kinda on the fence with both. Im thinking KL is more than likely 3-7 BUT, I often play a different character in that match-up so my experience is limited. But that alone makes me feel like it could be 3-7. Him jumping in for free is an issue as well as his ability to abuse subs hitbox. So I could very well see this as 3-7 KL favor.

for NW though, im torn between 6-4 and 7-3..but It feels pretty free to me. Put him in untechable knock downs on reaction to anything he does from inside 3/4 screen, punish accordingly. And get cornered bro. All his shenanigans get blown up by wake up slide, reflect and lightning are not an issue as you don't have any reason to throw ice or clone midscreen. Don't give him anything to punish and lame him the fuck out until its time to rape his face in the corner.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Because sub can with the trade war anywhere from 3/4 screen and closer.
The clone (obviously lol) inhibits the elbow dash.
When reptile is in the corner, he's fucked due to his only armored option being slide.
Ok, Ill bite. I have no rebuttal. 5-5

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Because sub can with the trade war anywhere from 3/4 screen and closer.
The clone (obviously lol) inhibits the elbow dash.
When reptile is in the corner, he's fucked due to his only armored option being slide.
if only ex Dash had armor....

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Lol imo a big part of the match is based on the projectile trade and the wall
Joker8417 is better at explaining but i think he agrees lol
We have played this match up a lot, reps normals and zoning/meter build are a bit of an issue. But I do get where you are coming from. And if you are jedi enough to punish exED with iceclone..ggs. That shit is fun. I dunno man, its such a weird match up. But yeah, I can see it 5-5.

Ninja edit...this post is worded so weird lmao

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Killin Natzees beef_supreme SZ can keep solid pressure on Reptile mid screen as long as he is careful about it, and destroys him in the corner. Full screen is where Reptile gives him the most trouble in the projectile war, and will be at advantage here. Overall I say 5-5, I personally think it's one of the most even MU's in the game.

We have played this match up a lot, reps normals and zoning/meter build are a bit of an issue. But I do get where you are coming from. And if you are jedi enough to punish exED with iceclone..ggs. That shit is fun. I dunno man, its such a weird match up. But yeah, I can see it 5-5.
Lol punishing with clone its hella tight window isn't it? If the wall game on sub wasn't so tight, it could be in reptile favor.
But Idk haha. It just comes down to who knows the mu/opponent better

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Ninja edit...this post is worded so weird lmao
The only thing Reptile is really using meter on in the MU though is ex slide/fb, but even ex slide is risky at times. This MU is heavily based on making reads and understanding the opponents options. If you know exactly what a Reptile is wanting to do against you, you have the tools to punish whatever does. Ex dash is useless in this MU I don't use it that often, simply because if I don't get cloned I will definitely get hit by ex slide.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
who the hell calls ppl asshats

pretty good MU chart, i heavily disagree vs him beating tsung, rain and losing captain boobs

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Killin Natzees beef_supreme SZ can keep solid pressure on Reptile mid screen as long as he is careful about it, and destroys him in the corner. Full screen is where Reptile gives him the most trouble in the projectile war, and will be at advantage here. Overall I say 5-5, I personally think it's one of the most even MU's in the game.
Yeah I am convinced now. Just took a little discussion. I personally, used to hate this matchup until playing you taught me how to play it properly. Now I love playing it. Its so fun.