What's new

Beating people with Sheeva

So satisfying! :lol: Escpecially when they pick Kabal. It shows that you totally outskilled them regardless of how crappy your character is.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It also has a great deal to do with how good the other player is in general and not just their character. Sure Kabal is the most powerful and Sheeva is arguably the weakest, but put them in the hands of totally lopsided players and Sheeva can squeak by.

Crazy Dom has been working on a pretty crazy Sheeva, but from whom I've played Moe has one of the best Sheevas.

Shock said:
It also has a great deal to do with how good the other player is in general and not just their character. Sure Kabal is the most powerful and Sheeva is arguably the weakest, but put them in the hands of totally lopsided players and Sheeva can squeak by.

Crazy Dom has been working on a pretty crazy Sheeva, but from whom I've played Moe has one of the best Sheevas.
Off topic but, did crazy dominican make a new name crazy lebanese? I played him a few times last night.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
It's weird, this guy was beating me a LOT in player matches last night. I only won like two matches, and one of them was when I was Sheeva and he was Kabal.

It was funny too, because I random'd and got Sheeva, and then he went and voluntarily picked Kabal, and I was all like "ohhhh what a punk, this is gonna be brutal." And then I just played smart and won the match, musta caught that guy by surprise because I know I caught myself by surprise!

The problem I usually get against Sheeva and Jax is that their hitboxes are so big, after I spin them it looks like they might not be on the ground, so that messes me up on some combos. I haven't really made a counter strategy against Sheeva yet, and don't play them often enough to make one. Now though, I'll usually pick Robot Smoke because it makes countering Sheeva alot easier.

TheRedPsychosis said:
The problem I usually get against Sheeva and Jax is that their hitboxes are so big, after I spin them it looks like they might not be on the ground, so that messes me up on some combos. I haven't really made a counter strategy against Sheeva yet, and don't play them often enough to make one. Now though, I'll usually pick Robot Smoke because it makes countering Sheeva alot easier.
That's the thing, most people DON'T have a counter-Sheeva strat because no one picks Sheeva, so when you DO actually pick her voluntarily it's a big phsycological advantage.

In all honesty, her JK is one of the best in the game, if not THE best, that alone can be a huge factor in the game, not to mention her (simple to do) 42% auto-combo.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Is it possible to escape an earthquake performed directly after an aaRH? I like to do her 4-hit launch, walk in with the roundhouse and then do the earthquake right afterwards. Sometimes they jump out of the earthquake, but I'm not sure if my timing was to blame or if it is just always avoidable.

Assuming you get the earthquake, what would the total damage be?

dreemernj

Ambassador
BustaUppa said:
Is it possible to escape an earthquake performed directly after an aaRH? I like to do her 4-hit launch, walk in with the roundhouse and then do the earthquake right afterwards. Sometimes they jump out of the earthquake, but I'm not sure if my timing was to blame or if it is just always avoidable.

You can get aaRH->earthquake so that the earthquake is unavoidable.

I believe the earthquake does 15% damage.

jdub03

Noob
I love playing sheeva. One question though. After the launch combo what characters can you aahp then RH. I havent been able to get that on anyone. Is it character specific.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I'm not sure if its character specific. I have gotten it on a lot of characters though. My guess is it works on almost everybody. I'll try it when I'm back on a comp.

BustaUppa said:

If it added to the combo meter it was completely unavoidable. Sometimes I will add a little delay on purpose so it will be aviodable, but if they don't jump it's twice as much damage (no DP from the popup).

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only time the RH to Ground Stomp in combo is worth trying when it comes down to damage is if you get the aaHP which puts it over the normal combo.

a JPS to 7 hit combo is 51.8%

JPS, 4 hit, aaRH, stomp is 51.2% (1 pixel less) and it's possible on everyone so if you want to do it to be fancy go ahead, it's ok!

Adding aaHP to RH with a clean stomp which is 54.2% is possible on:

Male ninjas, Jax, Stryker, Sub-zero, Sindel, Kabal and might be possible on the Robots by basically 1 frame although I'm not sure.

aaHPHP RH is possible on Jax and maybe a couple others but it's not worth trying, it adds 3% which might lead to you losing if in error.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
throw, ground stomp. is this unavoidable? I've done it /seen it a few times, but I don't know if you can't escape it with good timing...
also throw, tlpt stomp.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Throw to ground stomp I believe is unavoidable if timed right but not worth it. Throw to teleport stomp is because the damage resets since it just not avoidable as Konqrr stated. There are some characters who can special escape it but you can almost bait the special since they need to commit and punish with more!

x099x

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
QFT. That always gets me when it looks like they are in the air, and I attempt the air combo.

Kazlaz

Noob
you cant get your ass wooped now becuase you said that

your not playing very defencivly with your bragging lol