What's new

Beating Out Sweeps While Rushing Down

I've been using Sonya pretty much as my main, so if anyone wants to focus their suggestions specifically towards her that'd be best if they wanted to focus on a single character, but I'd prefer versatile strategies anyway.

When I'm rushing down the AI, I usually try to start with run jabs, but I usually eat sweeps once I'm up the ladder a decent bit (or in some cases not even) I know throws can beat out sweeps but the AI usually throws me when I go for a throw... So yeah, what am I meant to do to beat out sweeps while rushing?

oBryant

Noob
I've been using Sonya pretty much as my main, so if anyone wants to focus their suggestions specifically towards her that'd be best if they wanted to focus on a single character, but I'd prefer versatile strategies anyway.

When I'm rushing down the AI, I usually try to start with run jabs, but I usually eat sweeps once I'm up the ladder a decent bit (or in some cases not even) I know throws can beat out sweeps but the AI usually throws me when I go for a throw... So yeah, what am I meant to do to beat out sweeps while rushing?
... why do people still play the AI? sonya is the sweep queen.. abuse her sweeps and when you have the chance do the leg grab (Block+LP+down)

and as for a good combo, Sweep run in HKHK HPHP up LP deep JK run in LK.

Well run jabbing the AI isn't the best thing to do. Run jabbing really should only be used against human opponents. But to avoid getting sweeped while run jabbing, you need to mix it up with kara jabs. Kara jabs allow you to run jab and block at the same time. Just quickly tap the block button, while tapping low punch, and running at the same time. The rythem and tatics you use with it is up to you.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is an AI thread, so it should go in the CPU/Arcade Mode section. -moved-

Run in jab, kara cancel with D+block, block the sweep, counter with a standing LK or HK, this makes the CPU pattern change. Deal with the next CPU movement as it comes and counter accordingly.