What's new

Tech Beating Grundy's Grabs: Walking Korpse, Trait, Etc.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ok. So for the longest I've hated this character. The reasons I hate this character are numerous so I won't really even dabble into that but what I will do is investigate what things kan beat Walking Korpse. For all people that hate Grundy, and even Grundy Mains themselves that want to learn their match ups, post up any normals or specials that make Grundy wiff his grabs.

Make sure you tag me when you post a move so I kan add it to the list!

B3 or F3 is generally a universal way to beat the grab so instead I'll take note of the ones that don't have B3 or F3 as an option instead.

For strings: [ ] means that's the part of the string that makes the grab wiff.

The order of things is Specials first then normals. Everything is in order of usefulness. (Subjective of kourse.)

Everything I post here, unless otherwise noted, has been checked by me.

Aquaman
Trident Rush
Trident Scoop
From The Deep
Trident Toss
F1[3]
B2
B2[U3]

Ares

Bane
Body Press
Raging Charge
Venom Uppercut
Double punch
B1
B2
F2
D2
11[2]
11[3]
B1[1]2
1[2]3
B2[1]
B2[3]
F2[D3]

Batgirl
Kurrently don't have DLC so all of these are confirmed by PND i2 Gaug3
B2
B1
B1[2]
11[u3]
11[3]
12[b2]
12[b3]
2[3]
f2[3]

Batman
Batarang
Cape Parry - Actually parries Trait but not Walking Corpse
D3
F2
B2 (Kinda Hard)
F2[3]

Black Adam
Trait
B2
B2[3]
1[3]
11[2]
11[3]

Catwoman
Cat Claws
Cat Stance
Cat Stance 3
Cat Dash
Low Feline Evade
Straight Whip
B1
B1[2]
B12[D3]
F1
B2
B2[3]
1[F2]
2[D2]
2D2[1]
2D2[3]
DF3

Cyborg
b1[2]

Deathstroke
Sword Flip

B1
B1[U2]
B2[3]

Doomsday
Earth Shake
3[3]
B1
F2

Flash
Flying Uppercut
Running from Running Man Stance
Sonic Pound
Lightning Kick
Speed Dodge
Lightning Charge

B2
F2
3[2]
11[3]

Green Arrow
Savage Blast
Stinger

D3
3[3]

Green Lantern

Harley Quinn

Hawkgirl

Joker
Crowbar
F2
B1[3]

Low Parry

Killer Frost
F2
F2[1]
F2[3]
B2
U3
11[B2]

Lex Luthor
Trait (Just because it's armor, doesn't make it wiff.)

Lobo
B2
B1[2]

Martian Manhunter
Psyche Orb
Psionic Push
Phase Assault
Phase Charge
Alien Pillar
Telekinetic Strike
B1

Nightwing
11[2]

Raven
Singularity
F2
F22[3 3]
B2
B2[3]
22[3]
B1
B1[2]

Additional Info by Sami
Raven:
  • b23 causes Walking Corpse (and pretty much any move that requires you to be on the ground) to wiff as Raven is treated as being in the air when 3 starts up. If the move is done too late she'll still be on the ground and grabbed. If done at the right time it'll not only cause the grab to wiff but will hit just as the armour ends, putting Grundy full screen. Raven can cancel f23 into trait as well, and Grundy no like demon stance.
  • Teleport causes WC to wiff as again her hitbox isn't touching the ground (she levitates slightly during the animation). Teleport is very punishable so needs to be done just as Grundy passes the point where he can no longer cancel WC.
  • f2233 will cause WC to wiff as Raven's hitbox is off the ground when the first 3 is active. However, the string is so long that unless done right at the start of WC, she'll be grabbed before the 3 is reached. The final 3 should become active after the grab has wiffed, the armour has ended and Grundy is in recovery frames, and will cause an overhead knockdown. b23 is a far superior string for stuffing WC than f2233 as it's quicker, puts Grundy full screen and gives you free trait.
  • This might have changed with WC's hitbox adjustment in the latest patch, but if Raven was to be grabbed at the edge of the hitbox (i.e. his hands would only just clip her), the armour had expired by then and a well timed special (Singularity, Soul Crush, Event Horizon, pillar) would knock him out of it. This *should* apply to anyone getting hit after the first active frame of WC. Again, no idea of this still works in the latest patch.

Red Hood

Scorpion

Shazam
Atlas Torpedo
Advancing Mercury Storm
Evading Mercury Storm
Hurcelean Might
F2
B2
B2[3]
f2[2]
2[2]
f1[2]

Sinestro
Arachnid Sting
B2
B1[3]

Solomon Grundy
Trait
Dead Air
Walking Korpse
Cleaver Spin
Swamp Hands
Grave Rot

F1
F1[3]
B1
B2
Has many more, just too lazy to check. Especially since I hate him.

Superman
ALL SPECIALS
B1
F2[3]
F2[D1]
22[3]
B2[3]

Wonder Woman
Lasso Grab
Strait Tiara
Amazonian Uppercut
B2
D3

Shield Toss

Zatanna

Zod
B2
B1

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
if this gets filled out I can sticky it! Useful info for Grundy players to know as well as people who face Grundy

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Red Reaper Lex's trait renders his grabs useless, especially since they're all SUPER negative on whiff (which is essentially what happens when you hit Lex with trait) and since all the grabs are also only one hit, well, GG

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Should add that moves with ungrabable frames must be timed right against Grundy. Ink is in some cases if the walking comes out in reaction to the string the walking corpse will hit when the ungrabable frames end

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Oddly enough, last time I played Grundy, Catwoman's df3 made his grab whiff. I haven't actually tested it much though.

Espio

Kokomo
Hawkgirl's back 2, 3 (the 3) makes Grundy's walking corpse whiff while she gets the launch into combo.

Sami

Noob
Red Reaper going to add some detailed explanations for these

Raven:
  • b23 causes Walking Corpse (and pretty much any move that requires you to be on the ground) to wiff as Raven is treated as being in the air when 3 starts up. If the move is done too late she'll still be on the ground and grabbed. If done at the right time it'll not only cause the grab to wiff but will hit just as the armour ends, putting Grundy full screen. Raven can cancel f23 into trait as well, and Grundy no like demon stance.
  • Teleport causes WC to wiff as again her hitbox isn't touching the ground (she levitates slightly during the animation). Teleport is very punishable so needs to be done just as Grundy passes the point where he can no longer cancel WC.
  • f2233 will cause WC to wiff as Raven's hitbox is off the ground when the first 3 is active. However, the string is so long that unless done right at the start of WC, she'll be grabbed before the 3 is reached. The final 3 should become active after the grab has wiffed, the armour has ended and Grundy is in recovery frames, and will cause an overhead knockdown. b23 is a far superior string for stuffing WC than f2233 as it's quicker, puts Grundy full screen and gives you free trait.
  • This might have changed with WC's hitbox adjustment in the latest patch, but if Raven was to be grabbed at the edge of the hitbox (i.e. his hands would only just clip her), the armour had expired by then and a well timed special (Singularity, Soul Crush, Event Horizon, pillar) would knock him out of it. This *should* apply to anyone getting hit after the first active frame of WC. Again, no idea of this still works in the latest patch.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
if this gets filled out I can sticky it! Useful info for Grundy players to know as well as people who face Grundy
Alright. Updated...

Red Reaper Lex's trait renders his grabs useless, especially since they're all SUPER negative on whiff (which is essentially what happens when you hit Lex with trait) and since all the grabs are also only one hit, well, GG

Didn't want to kount armor but I guess I should since it's useful.. Added*

Thanx.

Should add that moves with ungrabable frames must be timed right against Grundy. Ink is in some cases if the walking comes out in reaction to the string the walking corpse will hit when the ungrabable frames end

I thought that was apparent though..

Red Reaper, Catwoman's low evade makes all of his grabs whiff. Not sure how viable it is in a real match, but w/e

Added*

Oddly enough, last time I played Grundy, Catwoman's df3 made his grab whiff. I haven't actually tested it much though.
Works easily. It's minus a lot though... Added*

Red Reaper going to add some detailed explanations for these

Raven:
Thanx. Added this info to the Raven Section.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Wonder Woman and Arrow can both D3 if timed properly, easier for WonderWoman to do it, and useless for arrow to do it since Savage Blast is such a good option.

Edit: Awesome thread by the way.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Wonder Woman and Arrow can both D3 if timed properly, easier for WonderWoman to do it, and useless for arrow to do it since Savage Blast is such a good option.

Edit: Awesome thread by the way.
Thanx.

Added*
You're right though. Both of these are kinda useless since Wonderwoman has B2 and Arrow has Savage Blast.

Against lex you do a hit then wc to break the armor and then go for either a cancel or a throw off it. confuses the lex's.

Grundy f13 has significant unthrowable frames during the 3. Walking corpse also has unthrowable frames though it should go without saying and grundy's super renders him unthrowable.

doomsday 33 has significant unthrowable frames and his hopping knee combo is ground throw immune but you can aa grab him.