What's new

BB Buffs Wishlist

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
The main change I'd like would be for JI1 to have a larger hurt box. The move looks like it should cross up but it doesn't. The hurt box goes from finger tip to navel, so if you whiff a JI1 set up you get blown up. As it is, it's already not the greatest AIR 2 AIR tool in the world because other 6 frame Jumping Attacks seem to have more active frames.

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
The main change I'd like would be for JI1 to have a larger hurt box. The move looks like it should cross up but it doesn't. The hurt box goes from finger tip to navel, so if you whiff a JI1 set up you get blown up. As it is, it's already not the greatest AIR 2 AIR tool in the world because other 6 frame Jumping Attacks seem to have more active frames.
His j2 should be used for cross ups. Hid jump 1 is an amazing air to air I don't understand how you can say this.
His j1 has plenty of active frames I use it against Aquaman, Superman,Catwoman etc with no problems.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
His j2 should be used for cross ups. Hid jump 1 is an amazing air to air I don't understand how you can say this.
His j1 has plenty of active frames I use it against Aquaman, Superman,Catwoman etc with no problems.
I get beat out A LOT for some reason when I use JI1. I'll concede and work on it more in practice mode. I do have some success with it. JI2 is my go to cross up but if I'm trying to close the gap JI2 just T-Rexes for me LOL End of the day, I'd still like the hurt box to be larger on JI1. But you're absolutely right about everything else.

I some times fly cancel, jump again and whiff the anti air.... and that jump 1 had a great horizontal range..... not so much vertical range.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
I'd like to see Blade stance get a slight damage buff on all his normals. As it stands I think his mace stance is far better than blade stance, neither should be better than the other but they should both be valid options.

Sesal Snow

I'd like to see Blade stance get a slight damage buff on all his normals. As it stands I think his mace stance is far better than blade stance, neither should be better than the other but they should both be valid options.
You do actually get more damage from trait bec your bnbs change.
Examples. (Vs Superman)

:None trait:
f23 f3 j3 3 bf3 (282.27 Damage) Meterless
f23 f3 j3 3 df1 mb 4 211+3 (339.65 Damage)
d2 f23 f3 f23 bf3 (208.09 Damage)

off jump in hit confirm 111 (bf3 240.05 Damage)

:Trait:
f23 b3 j3 111 bf3 (310.69 Damage) Meterless
f23 b3 j3 211+3 (297.61 Damage) Keeps the corner carry and gives oki
f23 b3 j3 3 df1 mb 211+3 (339.65 Damage Still get same damage as other mb combo in trait)
d2 f23 b3 j3 3 bf3 (242.04 Damage)

off jump in hit confirm
13 db2 d1 f23 b3 j3 111 bf3 (325.65 Damage)

In my opinion his trait is fine it does what its supposed to do you use it for setups, optimal meterless damage, better footsie tools, better anti air and a better air to air.
Look am I going to complain if his trait gets buffs? No it just means that my character becomes 10x better but do I think he really needs them? No.
I know I am definitely in the minority here but this is just how I feel and thought I would share this.

Last edited:
Solid point, but with his damage being so low, an extra 30 dmg IF you know the alt BNB's just seems........ minimal pay off...

Rather than give him better combos, I think ppls would prefer the simplicity of better damage scaling....

Also, speaking about simplicity for the sake of simplicity, f23 is intentionally designed to mess us up when we whiff f2 and try to cancel into bf3. I don't understand why they did this to us.... its clearly on purpose..... They designed the game to do something that will piss of the player.... I dont understand..... its our advancing safe move..... I'm just gona keep venting about it because It seems like intentional bad design imo

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
You do actually get more damage from trait bec your bnbs change.
Examples. (Vs Superman)

:None trait:
f23 f3 j3 3 bf3 (282.27 Damage) Meterless
f23 f3 j3 3 df1 mb 4 211+3 (339.65 Damage)
d2 f23 f3 f23 bf3 (208.09 Damage)

off jump in hit confirm 111 (bf3 240.05 Damage)

:Trait:
f23 b3 j3 111 bf3 (310.69 Damage) Meterless
f23 b3 j3 211+3 (297.61 Damage) Keeps the corner carry and gives oki
f23 b3 j3 3 df1 mb 211+3 (339.65 Damage Still get same damage as other mb combo in trait)
d2 f23 b3 j3 3 bf3 (242.04 Damage)

off jump in hit confirm
13 db2 d1 f23 b3 j3 111 bf3 (325.65 Damage)

In my opinion his trait is fine it does what its supposed to do you use it for setups, optimal meterless damage, better footsie tools, better anti air and a better air to air.
Look am I going to complain if his trait gets buffs? No it just means that my character becomes 10x better but do I think he really needs them? No.
I know I am definitely in the minority here but this is just how I feel and thought I would share this.
It only does extra damage because BF3 does more damage right? I think his normals should get a slight damage buff as well

Sesal Snow

It only does extra damage because BF3 does more damage right? I think his normals should get a slight damage buff as well
b3 adds a little more also you can just end in 211+3 still or do j2 j2 131+3 etc for corner carry and oki and it still gets more optimal damage

Sesal Snow

@Sesal Snow What buffs would you like to see if any?
I mean I think he's fine as is however I do like the sound of some ideas going around such as 111 being gap less
or if not gap less making it +2-3.
I like the idea of being able to cancel f23 on block.
I like the Idea of having the air dive from his gear to add to his trait specific specials.
I don't think he needs this but it would be nice.

More small changes imo...

33 and b13 should either lose the gaps or be minus 6/7 on block. The only way to "close" the gaps in both strings would be to go for an unsafe special such as df1.

NRS pls!!! Our character needs changes and these are relatively small