What's new

Breakthrough Batman's True 50/50 off any grapple reset

BlastX21

Noob

Notes:

The key is to wait until the exact moment that the MB grapple expires. If their head is still swaying, it alters the hitbox just enough to make the bat whiff.

Walk forward after the grapple and bat load, do not dash.

113 consistently connects when the reset is done on the right side of the screen, or in the corner. On the left side, its virtually impossible due to extended pushback. F2-grapple is your go to followup in this situation. The last recorded clip demonstrates this combo.

The same combos can be performed with multiple bats. However, if you do this midscreen, the second/third bat will cause further pushback, so you are required to use f2-grapple as your followup on both sides of the screen. Multiple bats in the corner can still be followed up with 113 or anything else.

You can't set the CPU to duck when recording, but I tested all of these against a ducking CPU and the j1 still connects when they duck. The timing is slightly strict - you have to connect the j1 right as the grapple expires, but before they're able to start ducking again. But its honestly not that difficult with practice.

This reset is difficult to virtually impossible against short characters.

Shame this wasn't discovered before EVO, but hey, better late than never.

@FOREVER KING
@DarthArma
@Nubcakes (dont know his name)
@AK RM Blake
@ whoever else I'm forgetting

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
When I tried to watch it on here, I got this notice:

"Watch this video on YouTube. Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner."

I circumvented this by going right to the YouTube page, but you might make it a point to change your account settings so as to avoid this.

Anyway, after giving this a watch, I have to say I'm intrigued. Never have I thought of using Batman's jump-1 in this manner, but it kinda makes sense. Martian Manhunter has similar mix-ups between an instant jump-1 and his lows, although in our case, it's hitbox-specific.

BlastX21

Noob
When I tried to watch it on here, I got this notice:

"Watch this video on YouTube. Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner."

I circumvented this by going right to the YouTube page, but you might make it a point to change your account settings so as to avoid this.

Anyway, after giving this a watch, I have to say I'm intrigued. Never have I thought of using Batman's jump-1 in this manner, but it kinda makes sense. Martian Manhunter has similar mix-ups between an instant jump-1 and his lows, although in our case, it's hitbox-specific.
Thanks, I've fixed it.

Yeah, I was messing around with MMH practicing his instant j1 and got to thinking about Batman's. Obviously the issue was that we don't have any special moves that link to it, like MMH's teleport. But then I remembered that bats have ridiculous hitstun, so if we could find a way to get the bat to hit after the j1, we should have enough time to land and do a full combo. And now we have the Batman vortex. Lmao.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Thanks, I've fixed it.

Yeah, I was messing around with MMH practicing his instant j1 and got to thinking about Batman's. Obviously the issue was that we don't have any special moves that link to it, like MMH's teleport. But then I remembered that bats have ridiculous hitstun, so if we could find a way to get the bat to hit after the j1, we should have enough time to land and do a full combo. And now we have the Batman vortex. Lmao.
The Council of Dark Knights is pleased by your revelation. :)

@DarthArma
@FOREVER KING
@Rude
@HomeLee1121
@NB Semi Evil Ryu

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Thanks, I've fixed it.

Awesome find bro. I'm definitely gonna have to mess around with this a little bit

E

Eldriken

Oh, wonderful. More shenanigans to deal with when playing Forever King and Blake.

Nice find, dude.

BlastX21

Noob
you can like do standing one then instant air ji2 on MMH/ Big hitbox characters as a 50/50. @DarthArma knows what I am talking about
Does standing 1 have to hit or be blocked in order for this to work? Or does it not really matter? Instant j2 is preferrable to instant j1 because there's more blockstun, so its safe. This reset is, I believe, punishable by most characters' d2.

Well technically, assuming d2 can punish it (haven't tested yet), its only a 50% chance of working. While you can't double jump backwards after they block a j1, you can do sparkles on the way down to interrupt them out of a punish attempt. Sparkles is also punishable, but if they read sparkles and block, and you don't use it, you get down safely. So thats a fun little mind game to go with this.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
In the right hands this tech looks dirty....very dirty. Great find and thanks for posting.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Batman definitely needs this :joker:
Great find man. I'm looking forward to having to block this now... not really