What's new

Video/Tutorial Batman's Hindrance from Stance Switching, by RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
TYM member RapZiLLa54 has been bringing in a flood of helpful tutorials for Gotham City's iconic warrior from the darkness, and this is the next one in line...you may want to pay close attention to what is covered here. Those who may have previously thought that a character's stance (which can be switched with L2 on PS3 pad and LT on 360 pad) had no bearing on a character's abilities whatsoever are about to have their minds blown.

This primarily concerns which direction Batman is facing after he strikes the target with his EX Straight Grapple (df1 + MB), off of which he gets to continue his combo. For a full explanation, read the post by Rapzilla in italics and check his video out.

So as some of you know, I hate all of Batman's strings. All have holes and even b11 whiffs from a certain distance, but this is involving his standing reset off of ex grapple with 112 trait.

If his chest is facing forward, the opponent's hitstun and walk speed are faster and further, thus not allowing you to follow up with b11. It will either whiff entirely or the second hit will whiff if they are crouching.

If his cape is facing forward, the opponent's hitstun and walk speed are slower and shorter, allowing you to have the mix up of b11.

So if you've ever experienced inconsistencies with your setups and were just like WTF, here's why. Anytime Batman dashes or hits a jump-in, he automatically stance switches, so I'm done with 112 call bats lol. I'll take the lesser 2% damage and do b11 bats.

colt

Article edited by GamerBlake90

Attachments

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Terribly sorry for being late to highlight this topic as an article, I've been dealing with...inconsistencies, let's just say.

Reading about this limitation on Batman concerns me. Could it be possible other characters share this issue? :(

I've been doing b11 bats since the game came out. Why is this news lol. What a joke. B11 then bats gives insane mixups. You guys are just now figuring this out?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I've been doing b11 bats since the game came out. Why is this news lol. What a joke. B11 then bats gives insane mixups. You guys are just now figuring this out?
Because 112 gives just as much if not more advantage and more damage?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
yeah looks like the same situation as lao hit confirming 24 into spin but opposite. good to find this stuff. now when you play against bat you know to watch out for it.