What's new

Tech Batman's Corner of Death

coolwhip

Noob
Inspired by Mikman360 and Coddfish 's Corner of Death for Deathstroke, Batman has something similar in the corner, with some variations and different set-ups.

PS: I don't know if this is new tech or not (I'm sure it is known), but I haven't seen it discussed at length here.

Essentially, it revolves around ending corner combos with B112 to get a hard knockdown. From there, the F3 can cross them up or not, depending on your timing. If you do cross them up, you can put your opponent right back in the corner with Up Grapple leading to the same set-up. Once you condition your opponent to fear the F3, you can mix things up. You can dash over them and do a quick neutral jump for a potential ambiguous cross over (need to test this out further), walk up and grab, or surprise them with a low (another B1) since they'll get up blocking high expecting the overhead. I'm sure you guys will be able to figure out further set-ups.

PS: This has been edited after R.E.O. pointed something out: B112 only leads to a hard knockdown if the opponent is grounded. Therefore, you have to set it up with MB grapple first. Slightly modify any of your basic Batman BNB corner combos and spend a bar instead to get this set up (with B2 into MB grapple, and finish the combo with B112).

Here's the new video, with the untechable, true hard knockdown set-ups.

AK GamerBlake
UsedForGlue
Showtime
FOREVER KING
DarthArma
R.E.O.
RapZiLLa54
Rude
SOT Semi Evil Ryu
Metzos

REO

Undead
b+1,1,2 only creates a hard knockdown if the opponent is grounded. You would need to use a bar of meter for the grapple (if they are airborne) if you want to set this up. The promotion behind the use is great, though. I support it and agree that more Batman players should take advantage of it.

P.S.
I always thought you were someone's troll account. (or at least that was the rumor). It's good to see that you're legit.

P.P.S.
Seeing my name alongside all of those Batman players is very out of place. I haven't played as Batman since EVO. ;_;

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
coolwhip

I'm playing in a King of the Hill right now, but as soon as I finish, I will look over this thread. Just letting you know that I have taken notice. Thank you for tagging me.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Same with GL's b1 2, it has different knock down properties depending on the opponents juggle state. if it hits a grounded opponent it causes a hard knock down. If the opponent is airborne it creates a splat that lasts forever IF it isn't tech rolled.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Now that I've had time to read it over, I can safely say that this f3 crossover tech was known for a while now (excluding the air knockdown with b1 1 2 since REO already pointed out that that can only be done if the opponent is grounded). In the corner, if I have no meter and I do this combo:

1 1 3, 1 2 3, b2 3

I mix the situation up. Either I dash in to cross them up with a f3, or I surprise them with b1. If I figure they will block my string, I can insert a MB Batarang for +38 block advantage to maintain my corner game.

Same if I just do b1 1 2 whilst on the ground.

There might be some parts of your set-up I'm overlooking, of course, so I'll gladly watch the video when you re-release it and see what you've got.

coolwhip

Noob
AK GamerBlake

Yeah, the F3 cross up thing has been known since day one, and applies to multiple characters (WW, DS, etc...), but the main idea here is to potentially loop the set-up by using a hard knockdown. After MB grapple in the corner, most Batman players will go for 22 for a standing reset and more pressure(or 112 trait or whatever), or B23 for optimal damage. The idea here is to end combos after MB Grapple (since Reo pointed out that B112 doesn't lead to hard knockdown after a juggle), to get the hard knockdown and set up the F3. If you cross them up, you can end your combo with Up grapple for another hard knockdown that would lead to the same set-up. Much like Deathstroke's corner of death, this is more about the loop aspect of the set-up.

New video added, and sorry for the initial mistake :)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
R.E.O.

Wait a minute, I'm confused. I just ending a juggle combo with b1 1 2 and got the same knockdown I usually do. Can you elaborate by what you mean about it not leading to the hard knockdown?

coolwhip

Noob
R.E.O.

Wait a minute, I'm confused. I just ending a juggle combo with b1 1 2 and got the same knockdown I usually do. Can you elaborate by what you mean about it not leading to the hard knockdown?

Yeah, that's what confused me at first. But he's right. Set Roll mode to "on", and the computer will be able to tech roll after an air born B112. That's why I removed the first video and updated it. You have to do MB straight grapple to ensure your opponent is grounded, then finish with B112 to get a proper hard knockdown.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yeah, that's what confused me at first. But he's right. Set Roll mode on "on", and the computer will be able to tech roll after an air born B112. That's why I removed the first video and updated it. You have to do MB straight grapple to ensure your opponent is grounded, then finish with B112 to get a proper hard knockdown.

Hmmmmm...interesting. Just tested it.

Thanks for the clarification.

coolwhip

Noob
The optimal use for this IMO (if you have meter and 3 bats available) is: F3 3~trait 123 B23 release bats MB straight grapple NJ B112.

It does 41% damage (I think), and gives you the same set-up with the hard knockdown. If the F3 cross them up after that, you can keep it meterless, do about 25% damage, finish the combo with up grapple to put them back in the corner, and get the same set up again.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
After b112 in the corner you can also dash in and do a NJ2. Depending on your timing you will either land in front or behind.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
After b112 you can also dash toward a little later and the wakeup attack from your opponent will be reversed

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait, can't u use regular up grapple to get the untechable knockdown? Coulda swore i saw someone say mb up grapple.

coolwhip

Noob
Just saw DarthArma use a great variation of this that I hadn't really thought of before. On stages with interactables in the corner, you can set up guaranteed interactable damage with the B112 hard knockdown. After MB straight grapple, cross your opponent up (thus putting yourself in the corner) and go for B112 then the interactable. You sacrifice position but get a crap ton of damage. Works on stages like Gotham City rooftop, Atlantis, etc...

Here he does it to KDZ at around 7:55 of this video:

Just saw DarthArma use a great variation of this that I hadn't really thought of before. On stages with interactables in the corner, you can set up guaranteed interactable damage with the B112 hard knockdown. After MB straight grapple, cross your opponent up (thus putting yourself in the corner) and go for B112 then the interactable. You sacrifice position but get a crap ton of damage. Works on stages like Gotham City rooftop, Atlantis, etc...

Here he does it to KDZ at around 7:55 of this video:

Thanks for noticing. I hate how downhill that match went afterwards. But That set up is unavoidable, the only thing he could have done in that situation is super.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Thanks for noticing. I hate how downhill that match went afterwards. But That set up is unavoidable, the only thing he could have done in that situation is super.
Can't this only work with this interactable? Most interactables don't extend this far out to hit an opponent after a b112.