What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman's bad match ups

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
So I was thinking of using Batman as a 2nd or 3rd character and was just wondering if he has any terrible match ups. I'm not trying to be an ass and suggest Batman has no bad match ups, just curious as to who you Batmains have a hard time dealing with as he seems quite well rounded.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Super man/black atom imo are kinda bad too

Adam. And I think its pretty even with Adam. Adam outzones him, but then, Batman can rush in and do a lot of hurt too. Plus he has good anti airs and that parry to stop Black Adams shit.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Adam. And I think its pretty even with Adam. Adam outzones him, but then, Batman can rush in and do a lot of hurt too. Plus he has good anti airs and that parry to stop Black Adams shit.
Batman has shit anti airs and the parry is always a way bigger risk for Batman than it is for his opponent.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's not even. Adam wins. Any BA player getting parried by Batman is staying in for too long and not playing the matchup properly.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
your not going to aa someone with that on reaction
No but there are very few AA in this game that can be done on reaction, that doesn't mean these moves are "shit AA". Especially since you can MB an upbatarang in case they don't jump so you can recover instantly, oh and its hitbox actually hits on the ground in front of him so its extremely tough to punish.

b2 can be done on reaction from sweep distance.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i say batman its even not my secondary, but i play him very well from demo , anyway only 3 hard match ups are Nighwing / Superman / Aquaman and if u are a really great batman u can mb lose sometimes vs nw and sup but never to aquaman. " I AM BATMAN"

RapZiLLa54

Isn't Deathstroke a very bad match up for Batman as well?
No its 5-5 IMO.

His only bad mus imo are Aquaman because his trait negates Batmans trait and Nightwing. Some new strats vs Black Adam have made him very 1 dimensional and no longer an uphill battle.

Only matchup still in question is Raven. I just dont have enough experience to have an opinion on it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What do you guys think about Frost? Whenever I play I feel like it could be a 6-4 Frost or 5-5, but I don't really get the feeling that Batman wins the MU.

RapZiLLa54

What do you guys think about Frost? Whenever I play I feel like it could be a 6-4 Frost or 5-5, but I don't really get the feeling that Batman wins the MU.
We are the only character in the game that can punish a blocked slide if we have Bats out. That alone has to change the match up to even or in his favor.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
We are the only character in the game that can punish a blocked slide if we have Bats out. That alone has to change the match up to even or in his favor.
Bats definitely are awesome in this MU, but most of the ones that I have played use their bats to initiate their offense and instead of hanging onto them for a punish attempt (and risk losing them) they will usually just try to start up b1 pressure off a blocked slide (which is still a better option than most characters have. Yeah, I can definitely see it being even. Also, when performed correctly the double-jump can affect anti-air timing which is critical for Frost in the MU.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Add scorpion to that list. i really believe scorpion destroys batman.

scorpion can just turtle, he can hellfire on reaction to bat. even if bad releases the bats scorpion can ex tele to avoid them and be safe at the same time

RapZiLLa54

Add scorpion to that list. i really believe scorpion destroys batman.

scorpion can just turtle, he can hellfire on reaction to bat. even if bad releases the bats scorpion can ex tele to avoid them and be safe at the same time
We can parry both his teleports, punish his teleports with 123 full combo for 40%+, j1 beats his j3 and Neutral jumping destroys almost ALL of scorpions options and allows us to close distance since hes negative a million on a whiffed anything. This is one matchup where our trait barely comes into play because we don't need it unless we make a nice read with a batswarm on a teleport.

Bats definitely are awesome in this MU, but most of the ones that I have played use their bats to initiate their offense and instead of hanging onto them for a punish attempt (and risk losing them) they will usually just try to start up b1 pressure off a blocked slide (which is still a better option than most characters have. Yeah, I can definitely see it being even. Also, when performed correctly the double-jump can affect anti-air timing which is critical for Frost in the MU.
yea i just need to get better at working my way in and saving bats for pressure and things like that

this matchup never felt worse than even to me and i could see it swinging more to batman's favor as we step it up. btw hella GGs too bad i dont live in the cleveland area anymore =/

also: i've only ever played a couple games vs. nightwing. that character seemed real dumb to me but i don't know him enough to see why batman would lose to him. i don't have access to training mode or anyone to play for the near future, so does anyone have any info/advice to offer here? thank you very much!

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
Doomsday and Scorpion give me headaches. It feels like if I go too hard, I eat something reversal and can never recover momentum. If I don't go hard enough, I get r'd tsd. When I'm on the back foot, there's nothing you can really do to stop them from staying on your ass (well, bad scorpions you get free punishes). You have their same defensive options but with a frequently risky counter, but not the same offensive tools.

All I feel comfortable with is B23.

The Superman matchup is also tough. His zoning works very well against Batman`s long dash, and f23 outranges everything we have in footsies; Granted we have trait bats to get in, and to whiff punish and stuff, but he can do all that easier than us, for free. And he has better air mobility and DAT corner damage...
He is the best character in the game, at least in my book.
(And yes, I am salty LOL)
Edit: Also, I must say that the DoomsDay matchup is not bad for Batman... DD can be insanely overwhelming if you let him gain the momentum, but after playing him a lot, I think it`s even. You have to be in control of the pace, you have to pressure him. Batman`s normals are faster than DD`s. Play calm, study the frame data, and don`t let him get you in the corner.