What's new

Question Batman's 1.05 change?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Can any explain what it means? I just picked up Bats yesterday and I am curious.

"Batman can now 2in1 from his Intimidation combo(1,2) when release check is set to off"

...wtf is Release Check most of all?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Release check is negative edge, where releasing an attack button during a special's input will cause the special to be performed. This can be turned off in the controls menu.

I guess there was a bug with the string when release check was turned off. So it will be cancelable as intended.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Appreciate that, THTB.

I just recently started hearing about this Negative edge setting, had no idea what it was until now! Going to mess with that.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Unfortunately his 12 string into mb up batarang doesn't combo but they have to block it at least so it will have its uses.

His d2 is sweet now. From what I can tell the hitbox extends higher and the jump in priority no longer exists and his d2 will trade more often. I tested it with Batmans d2 vs his j2. Last week if Batman ever did a j2 on the way down it would beat out the d2 clean every time, the hitbox and priority was too large. Now d2 either wins or trades, but even with the trade there is enough of a window for a combo opportunity. I tested it vs Batmans j2 and vs Scorpions j1/j3. Basically if you d2 on reaction to a jump in you will win every time.

Awesome. So everyone has a better anti air? Did aquamans d2 get any better than it already is or is it still godlike?

RapZiLLa54

Also b2 into sky grapple is near impossible with release check on
Why would you ever want to play with release check on is more the question lol

Because with release check on it should be impossible since sky grapple and up batarang has the same inputs.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Everyone's d2 being buffed IS a nerf to Batman lmao, Batman's j2 was one of his best attributes. People will just have to stop spamming it now lol, they'll have no choice but to.

RapZiLLa54

Everyone's d2 being buffed IS a nerf to Batman lmao, Batman's j2 was one of his best attributes. People will just have to stop spamming it now lol, they'll have no choice but to.
Actually its not in my opinion because now it makes glide more useful. People will actually know their d2 works now so they'll actually try to use it more often setting them up for glide dive kick whiff punishes.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Actually its not in my opinion because now it makes glide more useful. People will actually know their d2 works now so they'll actually try to use it more often setting them up for glide dive kick whiff punishes.
Hehehe good thing I'm spying in here. Gotta keep Shazam informed
>.>. ... <.<
Wouldn't the glide be noticeable though? You can see the double jump.
And if they don't have Bats and they're jumping, I'll dash depending on whether it was a neutral jump or not

RapZiLLa54

Hehehe good thing I'm spying in here. Gotta keep Shazam informed
>.>. ... <.<
Wouldn't the glide be noticeable though? You can see the double jump.
And if they don't have Bats and they're jumping, I'll dash depending on whether it was a neutral jump or not
If you're trying to AA with a d2 on reaction it has to be when you see them jump and at the top of their arc. Batman can go to the top of the arc and then glide to get higher, so you would have to anticipate Glide. If you wait to d2 him on his way down you'll be eating a j2.

As for dashing, that works too but it just brings us back to the neutral game so theres really no winner there.

Reauxbot

If you're trying to AA with a d2 on reaction it has to be when you see them jump and at the top of their arc. Batman can go to the top of the arc and then glide to get higher, so you would have to anticipate Glide. If you wait to d2 him on his way down you'll be eating a j2.

As for dashing, that works too but it just brings us back to the neutral game so theres really no winner there.
That's true.
But the neutral game is better than playing the guess between J.2 and Glide all day ._.
Don't you gotta do the combo alnost immediately after the glide for it to connect?
If I dash and they glide down while mashing combos... Then I can torpedo them into setups.
see thos online whenever any Batman does glide divekick. They're over there fighting air and get torpedoed in return. Hmmm
And Batman has no good wakeups making Shazam on top of him a Nightmare. Hehehehehe

RapZiLLa54

That's true.
But the neutral game is better than playing the guess between J.2 and Glide all day ._.
Don't you gotta do the combo alnost immediately after the glide for it to connect?
If I dash and they glide down while mashing combos... Then I can torpedo them into setups.
see thos online whenever any Batman does glide divekick. They're over there fighting air and get torpedoed in return. Hmmm
And Batman has no good wakeups making Shazam on top of him a Nightmare. Hehehehehe
Divekick has to be dialed in but not dialed in way up in the air. If i see you dash I'm not going to just be dialing in combos especially when it whiffs any button press won't come out instantly anyway.

You still need to respect slide, it might not do a lot of damage but its good enough to get out of the "wake up or die" setups.

Reauxbot

Divekick has to be dialed in but not dialed in way up in the air. If i see you dash I'm not going to just be dialing in combos especially when it whiffs any button press won't come out instantly anyway.

You still need to respect slide, it might not do a lot of damage but its good enough to get out of the "wake up or die" setups.
That slide is terrible if blocked lol. ve gotten hit by it, blocked it and MBd it for full damage.
Since really don't care for me I typically MB b.3 for a bit and dash cancel it. That way if they do slide I dash through and wreak havoc.
If parry comes out, well then Herculean Might will handle that. Backdash me and i basically just ran right back into you.
Super and im fucked.
Just not a lot of Batman do slide anymore. Not even in combos

RapZiLLa54

That slide is terrible if blocked lol. ve gotten hit by it, blocked it and MBd it for full damage.
Since really don't care for me I typically MB b.3 for a bit and dash cancel it. That way if they do slide I dash through and wreak havoc.
If parry comes out, well then Herculean Might will handle that. Backdash me and i basically just ran right back into you.
Super and im fucked.
Just not a lot of Batman do slide anymore. Not even in combos
Yea its terrible if blocked but so is just allowing you to get free grab combos on wakeup. Doing slide in combos is a terrible idea and doesn't do any more damage than other combo ending options. Its -2 on hit thats why its never used in combos.

Meh. Maybe I'm wrong, but that glide is gonna require alot of precision to consistently crossup and act as a replacement to j2. Regardless, the very fact that something else has to be relied on IS a nerf. Globally increasing the speed of d2 is a huge change to the game, and I don't approve at all. What happened to everyone saying, "Let this game breathe"? In the coming weeks we'll see how much it affects bats, my guess being a ton, but I'm a huge pessimist lol.

RapZiLLa54

Meh. Maybe I'm wrong, but that glide is gonna require alot of precision to consistently crossup and act as a replacement to j2. Regardless, the very fact that something else has to be relied on IS a nerf. Globally increasing the speed of d2 is a huge change to the game, and I don't approve at all. What happened to everyone saying, "Let this game breathe"? In the coming weeks we'll see how much it affects bats, my guess being a ton, but I'm a huge pessimist lol.
They didn't actually make anyones faster aside from Banes that I know of (his was 18 frames) but rather extended their hitboxes so that jump ins didn't have so much priority so now you have to actually have safe jump set ups instead of just going jump crazy without fear.

Also Batmans cross up setups still work they just require all 3 bats now or coupled with hard knockdowns like b112 or Up Grapple.

Lets also not forget that our d2 is very effective now and we get 35% of it with trait and a bar, so this has only made his defense even better.

Doing glide to the top of your jump does not carry you far enough that you will miss divekick coming down to punish the whiffed d2. Divekick has no cross up ability since it hits mid, not overhead and can be universally blocked by ducking.

They didn't actually make anyones faster aside from Banes that I know of (his was 18 frames) but rather extended their hitboxes so that jump ins didn't have so much priority so now you have to actually have safe jump set ups instead of just going jump crazy without fear.

Also Batmans cross up setups still work they just require all 3 bats now or coupled with hard knockdowns like b112 or Up Grapple.

Lets also not forget that our d2 is very effective now and we get 35% of it with trait and a bar, so this has only made his defense even better.

Doing glide to the top of your jump does not carry you far enough that you will miss divekick coming down to punish the whiffed d2. Divekick has no cross up ability since it hits mid, not overhead and can be universally blocked by ducking.
Interesting. I could have sworn it was a speed boost as well.