What's new

General/Other Batman was not meant for lag.

Durango

Enhancer
I've tried him several times online, but he just seems too sluggish. Sub-Zero in MK was at least fluid for a slower character and he had a clone and ice to slow his enemies down. I feel like I'm playing MK Scorpion at half speed and none of his mid-range (B2). B113 has no range, but it's my best starter besides 113, which ends with a whiffed B3. But most of all, I do B113, B2, Air Grapple MB... as my combo, but B2 won't even hit after B113.

Does anyone else have this issue with the game not reading Batman's inputs?

Durango

Enhancer
I don't think any of the characters are meant for lag.
In my experience, Batgirl, Green Lantern, Scorpion, and Black Adam do incredibly well in it. Batman has a combo that won't read online sometimes for whatever reason, but works just fine in Training mode. It was actually B113, 123, B2, EX Sky Grapple, B3, JI3, B23, but I took out the 123 because it's hard to connect and only the difference of 1%.

Any character you play is not meant for lag.
I can hit my combos 9 out of 10 times in training mode, but online it's another story.
You just have to get used to the delay and online timing. After a while you will figure it out.

while i have to say the lag has gotten better since the game got released, and its loads better then mk, as another poster said in the gameplay topics thread: NRS needs to sit down and get their crap together for an hour or so and come up with a decent netcode fix. NRS games have always had crap netcode, and even though i love injustice, its so much easier to play a fighter like tekken tag 2 online. Where online against someone with a decent connection feels like offline, no joke lol.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
In my experience, Batgirl, Green Lantern, Scorpion, and Black Adam do incredibly well in it. Batman has a combo that won't read online sometimes for whatever reason, but works just fine in Training mode. It was actually B113, 123, B2, EX Sky Grapple, B3, JI3, B23, but I took out the 123 because it's hard to connect and only the difference of 1%.

I agree that some characters are FAR less affected by the same lag as other characters. Batman not being able to b3 after a b113 or 223 is HUGE. Whereas GLs or Grundys or Doomsday or NightWing [maybe?] are way easier.

I use Superman, WW, and AM. and Aquaman SUCKS with lag. off his scoop its so hard to hit it consistently. Wonder Woman is okay with lag, but her advanced combos, with the B3, are just not good or consistent online at all... but luckily, unlike Aquaman, Wonder Woman has some slightly less powerful but much easier, with lag combos, for online. Supermans combos arent that hard with lag either. Whenever you do a B3 with Superman for BnBs its normally off a freeze breath so thats easy.

This is why I never could get into Batman. He isnt good in moderate lag, and not really lag, just online in general. I kinda wanna try a rushdown character that doesnt get affected by lag, like Doomsday?

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
IMO stop using the visual cues. Foxy was playing PL online with WW and hit his BnB almost everytime (including the B3). Practice with the muscle memory. Ignore the visual.

Durango

Enhancer
I agree that some characters are FAR less affected by the same lag as other characters. Batman not being able to b3 after a b113 or 223 is HUGE. Whereas GLs or Grundys or Doomsday or NightWing [maybe?] are way easier.

I use Superman, WW, and AM. and Aquaman SUCKS with lag. off his scoop its so hard to hit it consistently. Wonder Woman is okay with lag, but her advanced combos, with the B3, are just not good or consistent online at all... but luckily, unlike Aquaman, Wonder Woman has some slightly less powerful but much easier, with lag combos, for online. Supermans combos arent that hard with lag either. Whenever you do a B3 with Superman for BnBs its normally off a freeze breath so thats easy.

This is why I never could get into Batman. He isnt good in moderate lag, and not really lag, just online in general. I kinda wanna try a rushdown character that doesnt get affected by lag, like Doomsday?
Yeah but it's funny because I never had this issue in Mortal Kombat. Everyone seemed feasible in online play. I think NRS took too many risks between putting Scorpion in a game where you have no block button and the harder-edged combo system that has less time to combo (something I PRAISED Netherrealm for, combos were easy in MK in a good way), it ended up adding flaws to the game.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
IMO stop using the visual cues. Foxy was playing PL online with WW and hit his BnB almost everytime (including the B3). Practice with the muscle memory. Ignore the visual.
B3s are all well and good and you can learn the timing, but sometimes when its too laggy it wont work, since you cant start the B3 button press earlier to compensate for lag, unlike you can for other moves. So it will make the window so narrow or just impossible no matter how good your muscle memory is. I have it 98% offline, WWs b3 combos, but online its pretty inconsistent. UnfortuNately :(

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Yeah but it's funny because I never had this issue in Mortal Kombat. Everyone seemed feasible in online play.
Verily I agree, now that I think about it, never really made my decision based on characters ability to power through lag online. Idk, I guess its just the whole B3 thing with Injustice now nay?

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I've had success hitting the B3 slightly slightly early even with the 113 starter. The window is just as tight, it's just that the window is moved compared to offline.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Stop using visual cues.
Do you guys even muscle memory?

visual feedback has lag online so FOOTSIES are harder, no doubt.
it is also harder to hit-confirm.

but the timing of your sequences in a combo is no different on or offline.
batman can b3 mid combo just the same. but dont rely visually, use your internal clock, your muscle memory.

Maybe these combos would be easier to land online?

ji2 123 3 EX Air Grapple b3 ji3 b23 - 43% damage
ji2 b113 22 EX Air Grapple/EX Grapple b3 ji3 b23 - 38%
ji2 223 EX Air Grapple b3 ji3 b23 - 38%

I find these combos very easy to land online. They do use one bar of meter each, but I think it's ultimately worth it considering that they will definately connect.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
no way, if you can reach that damage meterless always strive for that standard at least

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I don't care too much about the combos. After all, is muscle memory...although is true that landing the B3 after 223 is hard as hell, that's why online I use a "cheap" substitute and go for a j2 (spending 1 meter you can follow for a 42% nice combo, so it's not a big deal).

What really bothers me online is the reactions. You simply can't react to most mixups or punish some moves. Try blocking Aquaman's combos or even Super's crossups with that input delay, it's almost impossible. Hell, even punishing Scorpion's tele is impossible if you have a good amount of lag.

Ah, how I wish we had a decent fighting game community here, I'm doomed to be an online warrior. And I hate it.

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
lol @ black adam being fine online. Probably the most execution heavy character in the game lol cmon man...

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Let's be honest here, EVERY character suffers from lag. That's why playing online it's almost a different game.

webreg

Noob
When you bought Injustice you got two separate games in the same box that play entirely different. Each with their own tier list, tactics, combos and game plans. They are called "online" and "offline". Enjoy.