What's new

Question batman vs supes/doomsday

im completely clueless on these matches. doomsday completely overwhelms me and supermans zoning is too much for me right now. any help on these two matches is much appreciated.

im completely clueless on these matches. doomsday completely overwhelms me and supermans zoning is too much for me right now. any help on these two matches is much appreciated.
If superman zones you have to crouch. But if its a normal laser keep an eye on his meter incase he pulls out an enhanced. Seriously dude i've played the Batman vs Superman matchup alot. You just have to be patient and do not dash or else you might get yourself into a mb laser. At close range use b11 mb batarangs for pressure.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
The key to the Batman VS Superman matchup is Batman's trait. Batman's trait is an ESSENTIAL (I can't stress that enough) in this match. The bats provide you a way to get in on Superman and nullify his jumping lasers. You must always have one available. When you do have at least one bat, release it as you see the start up for any form of laser. If you can catch Superman in the air doing the air laser, the bat will knock him down and you get free dash in damage as he falls.

Bats can help you when Superman starts the F23, breath pressure. If you have one stocked and you're blocking, you can release the bat in between block stun to knock him out of pressure. I've only done this a few times as the window is very tight.

Other than those tips, you just need to play fundamentally sound and block while making reads and picking your spots to attack. Batman's jump attack can be anti-aired easily by Superman with D2 or his rising grab. However, if you can condition your opponent to be expecting the J2 (or if he makes constant attempts to stop it) you can stop the dash in a bit short, defend his anti-air attempt, and hit with a low. I like to dash in, stop just outside of striking range, let his anti-air attack whiff then punish with B1 combo or slide.

As far as Doomsday goes, you need to play him like a more mobile version of Bane. Batman's dash is a good tool in this matchup. When he does the jumping off screen attack, dash forward and punish. You also need to know how to block the ground slam which is an overhead then low. Also, when Doomsday's trait is up, dash and jump away.

The key to the Batman VS Superman matchup is Batman's trait. Batman's trait is an ESSENTIAL (I can't stress that enough) in this match. The bats provide you a way to get in on Superman and nullify his jumping lasers. You must always have one available. When you do have at least one bat, release it as you see the start up for any form of laser. If you can catch Superman in the air doing the air laser, the bat will knock him down and you get free dash in damage as he falls.

Bats can help you when Superman starts the F23, breath pressure. If you have one stocked and you're blocking, you can release the bat in between block stun to knock him out of pressure. I've only done this a few times as the window is very tight.

Other than those tips, you just need to play fundamentally sound and block while making reads and picking your spots to attack. Batman's jump attack can be anti-aired easily by Superman with D2 or his rising grab. However, if you can condition your opponent to be expecting the J2 (or if he makes constant attempts to stop it) you can stop the dash in a bit short, defend his anti-air attempt, and hit with a low. I like to dash in, stop just outside of striking range, let his anti-air attack whiff then punish with B1 combo or slide.

As far as Doomsday goes, you need to play him like a more mobile version of Bane. Batman's dash is a good tool in this matchup. When he does the jumping off screen attack, dash forward and punish. You also need to know how to block the ground slam which is an overhead then low. Also, when Doomsday's trait is up, dash and jump away.
When doomsday has trait , i like to use the 112 mb batarangs. Also when i use the 3 bats , the superman player would air dash at the right time to avoid the bats.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Batman destroys DD. Period. Parry counters everything DD has, even when his trait is activated. You can also parry venom if he tries to close the distance. MB venom can be parried as well if you make the read and any other follow ups afterwards. Up close Batman has faster and better mix ups than DD which all lead to 40% + plus dmg combos to a vortex. Full screen Batman wins again. DD has no way of getting in except MB Nova which can be full combo punished if Batman expects it. The problem with this MU is that DD can be parried by Batman even if his trait is activated, which is stupid. It clearly states that DD cannot be launched or knocked down and parry clearly counts as a knock down. B23 as mentioned above also limits greatly DD's offense against Batman. In the corner DD's pressure is greatly limited because of, guess what, the fear of parry. Imo this MU is 6-4 in Batman's favor. It could easily be 7-3 Batman as well.