What's new

Batman vs Superman, Who Wins? GameSpot's Preview of Injustice

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today has been an unexpectedly surprising day as we have officially seen the debut trailer for NetherRealm's new fighter, Injustice|Gods Among Us. Since it's debut we have learned a few things... The Flash, Solomon Grundy, Batman, Superman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor(?) have all been confirmed via the debut trailer. We also learned from Ed Boon that the game will be a 2D fighter with 3D worlds and characters.

Additionally to this, GameSpot has also put together a 'preview' of the game expressing some aspects that will make the game very interesting including the differences between characters... for example: Batman as a 'gadget' character and Wonder Woman as a 'power' character. They also mention the fact that a character like Wonder Woman will have different fighting styles depending on her respective weapon she is using (sword of lasso).

dcww.jpg

It is also 'purported' to have as many character as Mortal Kombat 9, which was shipped with 28. Read this and much more, here!

dcsuper.jpg

Attachments

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The somewhat-skewed return of weapon stances & styles?

I am intrigued.

It's like I said before, it's literally like they're trying to take all number of old MK fighting elements are crossbreed them into one shiny package.
The UMK3 multi-leveled stages, the MK4 style environmental weapons, and now possibly a new take on the MK3D specialty-weapon-based combat?
Man, I can't wait to see how the E3 demo turns out.

Also: Harley would win.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
The somewhat-skewed return of weapon stances & styles?

I am intrigued.

It's like I said before, it's literally like they're trying to take all number of old MK fighting elements are crossbreed them into one shiny package.
The UMK3 multi-leveled stages, the MK4 style environmental weapons, and now possibly a new take on the MK3D specialty-weapon-based combat?
Man, I can't wait to see how the E3 demo turns out.

Also: Harley would win.
Problem is is that all of those "fighting elements" ended up backfiring in thier face. Bringing them back is something im reluctant to see.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yeah, after reading that article... I'm with SunnyD ... sounds super gimmicky.

Environmental weapons, multiple stages during a fight, multiple fighting styles (and you guys think it's hard to figure out ONE fighting style with kabal... think of that bs), what looks like free fall combat, etc ... I just don't know man. I'll need to see waaaay more to make a decision on it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yeah, after reading that article... I'm with SunnyD ... sounds super gimmicky.

Environmental weapons, multiple stages during a fight, multiple fighting styles (and you guys think it's hard to figure out ONE fighting style with kabal... think of that bs), what looks like free fall combat, etc ... I just don't know man. I'll need to see waaaay more to make a decision on it.
Stage weapons probably won't be much of a big deal, probably be close to DoA type stuff, multiple stages is pretty awesome, fighting styles seems to be specific to Wonder Woman and will probably just be stances. What exactly looked like free fall combat?

Sea.Toss

King of Swing
I respect NRS for taking a step in a direction diverted from an MK universe. The problem with this game, or any new breath is it's labeling NRS differently. Many in the community were excited to see MK being renowned as a serious competitive fighter. That the companies labels were shifting towards a positive future. With Injustice, I personally feel that the company will lose some credibility towards it's label. It creates unnecessary troll-food that could harm the companies image. I hope, as we all do, for a UMK9, or even hopefully an MK10. Boon finally hits the Goldilocks effect with MK9 (for the most part) then freezes the IO? It's unsettling for a lot of brand loyalists, the idea that they came so close, then just stopped. I think that honestly sums up the majority of the communities discontent.

REYTHEGREAT

i dont know how i feel about this game yet. it sounds cool and all but as a tournament game, i dont know. i think this will be something similar to DC Universe Online game. It will sell a lot of units thats for sure.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I love how NRS are not touching the main MK and are experimenting in other games (patching the Vita version, trying multiple styles in Injustice). Imagine if that would be made to the MK games now, who knows what would have happened? Anyway, I'm really excited about this game. Remember that NRS brought us MK9 and the shittiest thing that bothers me in it is the input bug (meter drain, resets and such are less irrelevant). So if this game runs on the same code without the damn bug than it's a buy for me. I don't care about it's brokeness or competitiveness, it's surely made for fun and I like to have have fun. Now bring me that costume 2 Wonder Woman NRS! Oh yeah, and 28 superheroes? Awesome!

From the review seems like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Solomon will be playable in the demo.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
If anyone recalls MK v.s. DCU, Baraka and Deathstroke could take out their blades or sword and it changed up their fighting style slightly, all the characters didn't have htis feature, it was just them, I assume it will be like this instead of like the traditional and somewhat awkward style of MKDA and Deception.

As for the game, I want E3 to come now lol so I can see the actual gameplay.

The roster looks to be decent so far and I'm thankful the obvious choices have been revealed early so that we can get some less prominent faces up there in the roster too.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Normally I wouldn't be into a non-MK fighting game, but since NRS did such a great job revitalizing MK with MK9 (aside from all of the crap we beta tested for them), I think I will be getting this game. Lets just hope they learn from their mistakes in MK9 and make this an excellent fighter. It would feel like a step back for the studio to make this a non-competitive fighter. Now lets just see that demo and roster.