What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Vs Green Arrow

what do other batman players think about this matchup?¿ I've been playing a green arrow online and the best style that seems to work is ultra ultra lame. Just staying back and using batrangs with individual bat trait release in between. And when ever GA gets close enough I just hit back 23 and cancel the string into either a trait or a batarang.

Jumping Air to Air with green arrow will usually result in getting smacked with a 3 and being forced to make a decision on wake up after his untechable juggle string.

Does anyone else wish to confirm or deny this?¿ I don't think I want to even be put in a position to block his strings, or even think about jumping.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Yeah just have to be a bitch and outzone him.

That's pretty much how you play this MU. Nothing wrong with that.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Funny you post this thread because I fought two GA in a KOH tonight, and to win I had to play super lame because they played SUPER lame. ZONED me until I forced myself in, but one wrong JI2 will get beat by his J13 and then I had to start over. I went even with one while the other one beat me 2-0. I hate playing the keep away game bro.

Funny you post this thread because I fought two GA in a KOH tonight, and to win I had to play super lame because they played SUPER lame. ZONED me until I forced myself in, but one wrong JI2 will get beat by his J13 and then I had to start over. I went even with one while the other one beat me 2-0. I hate playing the keep away game bro.

I hate it too and feel you 100% I'm such a hot head when I play any type of game. But I'm trying to break away from the habit and just do whats right to win.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I've never thought about actually trying to ZONE Green Arrow. I'll give this a whirl, the next time that I run into one. Thanks guys.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
I've never thought about actually trying to ZONE Green Arrow. I'll give this a whirl, the next time that I run into one. Thanks guys.

It's a pain in the bad words.
I still like Batman's pressure option versus Arrow. I'm sure if you spend enough time in the lab DarthArma, you might be able to read the ji3 and throw a MB up batarang for a full combo punish. You can definitely out zone Green Arrow but you run the risk of playing that mid range game with Arrow and I think that's where he's most dangerous because he controls the space/mind-games at mid screen.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yep, this is one of those matchups where heavy zoning Batman play style is a must. Also if you ever air to air it must be j1. He also has no answers for MB b3, it even blows up his jump back arrow wake up (sorry for not knowing the name) and his arrow mixups.

I use parry a lot more often in this MU since GA is a d1 machine.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So, I'm going to rewind this thread to the point where it got out of control, and resurrect it.

DarthArma, I apologize to you -- I don't know what happened here, but it clearly wasn't your fault, and this was a decent thread before the foolishness.

So.. Back to talking about how to counter Green Arrow :)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
what do other batman players think about this matchup?¿ I've been playing a green arrow online and the best style that seems to work is ultra ultra lame. Just staying back and using batrangs with individual bat trait release in between. And when ever GA gets close enough I just hit back 23 and cancel the string into either a trait or a batarang.

Jumping Air to Air with green arrow will usually result in getting smacked with a 3 and being forced to make a decision on wake up after his untechable juggle string.

Does anyone else wish to confirm or deny this?¿ I don't think I want to even be put in a position to block his strings, or even think about jumping.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
As a GA player this strategy seems to work well. It's pretty annoying because this is how rapzilla has been fighting me. I think it's a 5/5 match though but yeah batman kinda has to lame him out atm.

Runaway Batman is the best strategy. It's very frustrating as a Green Arrow player to deal with a lame Batman. Basically exactly what you described in the OP is the way to go. IMO opinion the key to winning this matchup as Batman is by making sure you have the life lead vs Green Arrow. You can outzone him and force him to come to you. You also outdamage him. When you get your combo/damage get back and start the keepaway again sitting comfortably on your life lead. The Green Arrow player will eventually have to start to get agressive and thats where you can capitalize on mistakes. Remember that Green Arrows combo damage output is low. Also make sure that when he wastes his ice arrow after a block string you stay on him and give him a difficult time loading another one. Batmans pressure and mixups are very good, but this is a matchup where you aren't really forced to play a pressure oriented batman. Why work harder when you can beat him by just being lame.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Here's a FT5 set of my Batman against one of the best (if not the best) European PS3 players, Yammini.

It's an online match (and not precisely a lag free, quite the contrary), so expect dropping combos, inusual strings and some other strange stuff. But it should give you an idea on how you have to zone Green Arrow if you want to have a decent chance.

P.S: He kick my ass the first fourth matches. Once I change my "mindset" and start to truly zone him... things change.