What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman vs. Aquaman

j_wosh

Noob
So Batman is my current main. My friend plays Aquaman and punishes me from afar with his Trident Throw and his db2, the ground trident thing.

Since Batman is rushdown heavy I have a really hard time getting in, and he will just run away a lot. I have some bnbs but I just can't get close with out penalty.

Help?
thanks =]

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm an Aquaman main, so here's my tips:

You have an incredible forward dash. Even if you block a ground trident from full screen you can almost get in before he does it again. Meter burned batarang gives a ton of advantage on block. You get a free approach after that if you space it right.

You cannot approach Aquaman without bats. It's just not going to happen. I also hope youre not a jump happy Batman because you're going to get blown up by his D2. You need to get just outside his trident scoop range and then fire off those bats and go for a J2...hopefully it crosses over.

Option 2, which catches me from time to time is Batman's instant air glitter. I see him jump and mash my D2 and then i catch a face full of bat-glitter. On hit it gives you decent time to approach and choose your attack. Aquaman has shitty wake ups so stay on top of him.

This is a verrrrrry even matchup in my opinion. Just dont get jump happy and be patient.