What's new

Tech Batman: Up Close and Personal

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Going back to work on Batman for a while. The complexity of the combos have increased ten fold since I last used him on launch day. I've used the same combo since then:

J2, 223, EX Sky Grapple, B3, J2, B23.

I've picked up a bunch of new ones from the combo thread. But, my question is, how do you get in to throw these amazing combos? I've had some success against better projectile characters by using the double jump cape glide and walking and blocking. Is there a better way to get in someone's face with Batman that I'm missing?

Also, is starting a combo with J2 the overall best way to begin?

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Going back to work on Batman for a while. The complexity of the combos have increased ten fold since I last used him on launch day. I've used the same combo since then:

J2, 223, EX Sky Grapple, B3, J2, B23.

I've picked up a bunch of new ones from the combo thread. But, my question is, how do you get in to throw these amazing combos? I've had some success against better projectile characters by using the double jump cape glide and walking and blocking. Is there a better way to get in someone's face with Batman that I'm missing?

Also, is starting a combo with J2 the overall best way to begin?
I try to only use bar if I'm gonna kill or it's round one and they can't wager out. Bats doesn't need EX combos since he can do between 34% and 37% meterless, unless you catch a zoner with EX grapple. His B.113 is good because it's a low starter and can help mix people up, also if they're conditioned to block low, I try to throw in a F3. If you end a combo with B23, you can dash twice and you're right on top of them again ready to apply more pressure. Starting combos with J2 is max damage combos but I noticed I really only hit with it in the corner as a cross up on wake up. Hope this helps.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I try to only use bar if I'm gonna kill or it's round one and they can't wager out. Bats doesn't need EX combos since he can do between 34% and 37% meterless, unless you catch a zoner with EX grapple. His B.113 is good because it's a low starter and can help mix people up, also if they're conditioned to block low, I try to throw in a F3. If you end a combo with B23, you can dash twice and you're right on top of them again ready to apply more pressure. Starting combos with J2 is max damage combos but I noticed I really only hit with it in the corner as a cross up on wake up. Hope this helps.
Do the meterless combos involve the flying kick or wheel kicks? I have a rough time hitting those in combos online.

I like the B113. After hitting it I go into 113, slide kick.

How do you get in on the heavier zoners?

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Do the meterless combos involve the flying kick or wheel kicks? I have a rough time hitting those in combos online.

I like the B113. After hitting it I go into 113, slide kick.

How do you get in on the heavier zoners?
Here's the meterless I do, I don't have exact damage info though, you can also add j.2 to all of them.
123, b.23
113, B.3, J.3, B.23
B.113, 123, B.23
223, B.3 , J.3 , B.23
223, J.3, 123, B.23
F.3, J.2, 123, B.23

Zoner's are mostly dependent on the match-up itself. Just to play patient, dash after blocking long recovery projectiles, block and walk closer. If you have Bats out, send them at the enemy as they let off a projectile. If you have the health lead and they try to zone you, I say just toss Batarangs at them lol