What's new

Question Batman punishing Batgirl

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I was messing around with Batman with BG as the training dummy. When looking at her low cartwheel, I noticed I couldn't punish with any of Batman's normals, despite it being -9. Is there anyway to punish this other than trait, or does she really get free low cartwheels on Batman?

SonicFox5000

The Best.
B2u3 can be punished with 1
cartwheel high (DUCK) 1
Cartwheel Mid (BLOCK HIGH) 1
Cartwheel low (BLOCK THE FIRST TWO HITS OF CARTWHEEL HIGH) then standing 1

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
@ATP2014

As @SonicFox5000 already said, to punish the low on Batgirl's cartwheel you must first block her cartwheel STANDING, then crouch-block the low. Doing this will cut down on the pushback you'd otherwise get from crouch-blocking all of the attacks, allowing you to punish with 1 1 3.

The reason for this is that some attacks will hit you on different frames depending on your character's position, whether they be standing or crouching.

The hitbox on Batman's standing 1 may appear short, but it is deceptively good, just like his D2. Don't underestimate it.

If you block the low but don't punish it, you still get to check Batgirl for free. Her Flying Bat is six frames, but because she'll be -9 on the blocked low it will take fifteen frames to become active, and you have plenty of ways to keep her in check even if it's not a punish.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yeah... sf forgot to say block the third hit low so he made it seem like you interrupt her before the low comes out. not a good idea.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yeah you only can punish it with trait unless you block the first two hits standing, then you can punish with standing 1

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Thanks for the help. I personally hate these kind of moves where they are only punishable by this kind of switch blocking.

Thanks for the help. I personally hate these kind of moves where they are only punishable by this kind of switch blocking.
Your welcome buddy me pleasure
i to personally to no like blocking. Asunsion Jimenez always likes block me when talking to girls caliente