What's new

Batman patch notes

omooba

fear the moobs
don't know why there's no thread on this yet but how is TYM feeling about the batman changes?
Are they good? bad? too much? too little? too late?too early? is he dead? is he perfect? is he still too good?
what do you guys think?

in case you missed them:
  • Batman - Greatly reduced meter build when executing Batarang Toss & Up Batarang Toss
  • Batman - Release Bat, Bat Spin, and Bat Spawn Gear Ability no longer build meter on use
  • Batman - Fixed lingering visual effect on 122 if practice mode reset is performed at a specific time
  • Batman - Straight Kick (Jump + Medium) has it’s hit region slightly adjusted and has 5 less hit advantage
  • Batman - The hit advantage on Straight Grapple on an airborne opponent now more closely matches the hit advantage of hitting a grounded opponent
  • Batman - The cooldown on Mechanical Bats has been increased to 12 secs (up from 9 secs)

omooba

fear the moobs
Batman mains after reading the patch notes be like...
feel like we were all ready for it considering the fact that he's probably the most crucified character on here. like bruh we made a thread to unite against the crucifiction and he just got crucified more

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
feel like we were all ready for it considering the fact that he's probably the most crucified character on here. like bruh we made a thread to unite against the crucifiction and he just got crucified more
And up goes another half of the scrubs to playing SG and getting away with random shit just because it’s SG.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Reduced hit advantage of j2 means he no longer has the ambiguous j2 50/50 after mb grapple?
I believe it's no longer ambiguous. It will only cross up. Check this out around 1:15.

Reactions: Vex

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Probably because no Batman player wants to start a thread that turns into everyone hating and shit posting about Batman and the people that play him
He has lost all of the inital charm of oppressive plus frame pressure for me.Dropping him when the patch hits ps4, unless they decide to buff him later on.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
What is wrong with that again? I never was good anyway, so batman was compensating for my lack of skill.
It's common on TYM to overreact to character nerfs so when you said you sold your game over it I assumed you were a typical 500/100 Batman who relied on cross-up J2s all game. Seems I was somewhat-right if you say he was compensating.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don’t see how Batman is bad now. He isn’t top tier but the top tier characters aren’t really that much better than him, he’s still top 10 for sure

Cerbero

Always down for games.
Batman is one of my mains and I say he's fine now, he was a bit brain dead before, now he is just solid.

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
He's undoubtedly still a very strong character. He just had some of his more ridiculous shenanigans and qualities toned down, such as J2. He won't dominate his winning match-ups to quite the same extent as before, because he can no longer build crazy meter while zoning out Cheetah or Bane, for example. Some of his bad match-ups, such as Red Hood and Deadshot also received nerfs. This means that those match-ups likely won't become any worse. Green Arrow will probably be a more annoying match-up than before. All in all, Batman will be fine. He'll rely on more honest gameplay and better trait/meter management than before. No more yolo-who-knows-which-side-J2, from what I've noticed. Still, we'll have to wait and see just how much of an effect the meter-building nerf will have.