What's new

Tech Batman NEW Hard Knock Down with F23

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Whats going on guys,

Except for the first combo in this video the trick to getting the hkd (hard knockdown) is you have to hit the b3 at an even level, meaning his foot must meet the characters face in a straight line or slightly below. What this does is your opponent flies back at you with less of an arc, allowing the j2 to hit on top of them.

Your options are b1 string; MB b3/f3; cross up j2 (crosses up inputs); block and punish.

I threw in some high damaging 1 bar + trait corner combos and give a slight taste what ending with j2>d3 can look like.

Enjoy :cool:
AK GamerBlake

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Interesting. I've been messing around lately with f23, probably the most underrated Bat's string.

P.S: Excellent choice of soundtrack. Man of Steel is one of the best OST's of this year, if not the best.

RapZiLLa54

Interesting. I've been messing around lately with f23, probably the most underrated Bat's string.

P.S: Excellent choice of soundtrack. Man of Steel is one of the best OST's of this year, if not the best.
Yea f23 might be my new ender of choice (along with d3), regardless if you get the hard knockdown or not. F23 keeps them in b3 range after a dash whereas b23 doesn't.

And yes MOS OST is just flat out godlike.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Yea f23 might be my new ender of choice (along with d3), regardless if you get the hard knockdown or not. F23 keeps them in b3 range after a dash whereas b23 doesn't.

And yes MOS OST is just flat out godlike.
Guilty of listening to it when I play injustice....as....the MOS.....but fuq it I play it when I'm Bruce Wayne'ing too, cuz doze jahpaneeze druhms r 2 epik

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This should totally be stickied, as well as Krys thread. @AKGamerBlake90

KRYS9984

Noob
This is very good tech Rapzilla,

I like that the opponent is briefly grounded and must react quickly; this creates a possible 50/50 situation, mix-ups or baiting wake-ups.

Thumbs up!

there is no 50/50..

B1/B23 is not a 50/50 unless you are playing online in a bad connection which requires you to commit due to not being able to stand back up in time after blocking B2.

The cross up is an obvious cross up.

This is good for pressure, but there is no 50/50 here.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
there is no 50/50..

B1/B23 is not a 50/50 unless you are playing online in a bad connection which requires you to commit due to not being able to stand back up in time after blocking B2.

The cross up is an obvious cross up.

This is good for pressure, but there is no 50/50 here.
I think that I have to agree with Tom here.

However, the 50/50 that is being referred to here might actually be B1 / F3 (not B23). Though I believe that Batman's F3 is one of the "easier" F3's to react to if you're playing offline. Online, it's considerably more tricky to defend against.

However, I feel like this video still presents a better substitute that replaces just ending a combo with a air grapple hard knockdown, as I believe that this video shows how to get a hard knockdown while doing more damage than ending with an air grapple would provide.

If you're a Batman player who loves using hard knockdown setups, you're probably jumping for joy after seeing this video.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
this is the one i use and it's meterless, all you need is one bat for the cancel also good for a 112xxgrapple hit confirm,
J2 113/223 b3 j3 j2 d2xxCB f23 36% (a neat thing to is if you want more damage you can make it so all the hits hit so on approach to corner you can do mb b3 for pressure. it does 38 % if all hits hit on f23.)

i think this is batman's coolest looking meterless combo

i like to charge a MBf3 after HKD, and while charging release my bat to blow up pushblock (for one bar!) and bone wake ups! also leads to b1 and crossover j2 b1.

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

this is the one i use and it's meterless, all you need is one bat for the cancel also good for a 112xxgrapple hit confirm,
J2 113/223 b3 j3 j2 d2xxCB f23 36% (a neat thing to is if you want more damage you can make it so all the hits hit so on approach to corner you can do mb b3 for pressure. it does 38 % if all hits hit on f23.)

i like to charge a MBf3 after HKD, and while charging release my bat to blow up pushblock (for one bar!) and bone wake ups! also leads to b1 and crossover j2 b1.
Nice I'll have to try this out later!

RapZiLLa54

So finally got a chance to test this out, its a little tricky on the timing but man this could be huge. Unlike most combos where you would end with call bats and they take a bit to release these are locked and loaded once your opponent hits the ground. So when you get the hard knock down you can release bats into cross over j2 which essentially covers all basis. If they wake up its stuffed and if they block its as close to "unblockable" as you can get. A lot of options here, this very well might be the new bnb option. Great find man!

@DarthArma @FOREVER KING @AK Reno_Racks You guys might want to check this out.

Last edited:

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!

how would u use it offa 112~grapple confirm? o-0

nvm...i'mdumb -_-

Anyways, looks like ive got even more bat shenanigans to deal with when i play against you. lol

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
So finally got a chance to test this out, its a little tricky on the timing but man this could be huge. Unlike most combos where you would end with call bats and they take a bit to release these are locked and loaded once your opponent hits the ground. So when you get the hard knock down you can release bats into cross over j2 which essentially covers all basis. If they wake up its stuffed and if they block its as close to "unblockable" as you can get. A lot of options here, this very well might be the new bnb option. Great find man!

@DarthArma @FOREVER KING @AK Reno_Racks You guys might want to check this out.
I finally got a chance to mess around with this and I must say, it is this is a very useful setup to add to Batman's arsenal. In the case that you won't have a bat to call till the very end of your combo and/or you want to keep the pressure on without the use of meter this is your go to option. Definitely a good combo to evolve your HKD F23 tech and I'll be continuing to explore it