What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Matchup Chart Post Evo 2014

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I agree with Cyborg and Zod. Although I can see cyborg going potentially even if played perfect (though if he does perfect IAFb, then batman doesn't have to crouch walk, he can jump block because of his arc). Anyways perfect IAFb is a bill since it does no chip, just inhibits movement. Staggerd IAFb and ground fireball are much more effective.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
This has actually been quite a discussion in our PM. A couple of us believe its 5-5 and some believe its 4-6 for batman. We understand that we can NOT cross up raven at all as long as she is walking back. Raven pretty much dominates the zoning war and forces batman not to make any reckless dashes but batman has a decent walk speed and will be in your face before you know it and you will be cornered where batman excels at (unless you have trait and you teleport but we have ways around that too). When you are corned pretty much all we need to do is stay at least midscreen distance and lock you down with batarangs and trait. Also, if a batman player makes a read as to where pillars are going to be placed we can just dash to avoid it, release bat and confirm with grapple. Then at that point you are either gonna be put in a reset state or a knockdown and raven has ass wake ups. I'm still a firm believer in 5-5 but that's just my opinion and sorry if i can't really explain some MU's well b/c i suck at explaining MUs lol
Couple problems with this, walking to the corner never happens. You can't read where pillars will be placed because they are placed based on the players movement so they basically track.

Couple problems with this, walking to the corner never happens. You can't read where pillars will be placed because they are placed based on the players movement so they basically track.
maybe one day i will side with the 4-6, and you guys give great reasons as to why it is, but im just stubborn. I'll play glass sword some more and then ill give my final verdict when the time comes then :p

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
@FOREVER KING, let me shed some light on the catwoman MU. It's not easy at all for batman to zone her. Other then up batarang, she can b3 dash cancel under batman's batarang and trait. It is a very even matchup, but from my personal experience, whoever knocks who down first is usually gonna be the one to win due to the lack of both of their WUs

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Are you sure about Catwomsn using b3 to go under batarangs? Batman's batarangs hit mid, not high. I'm not saying it can't happen, only that i have never seen it happen. Zoning Catwoman largely depends on meter, but i think it can be done to an extent.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Uhhhh we need to talk about that scorpion matchup.

Bad news

Its not 6-4

You can win the zoning war eh? But can you really? At full screen he can trade hellfire with batarangs and still be able to block the batarangs as they transverse the screen to him. He can force batman to jump like a lunatic towards him. As he's jumping you can react to double jump/cape jump/normal jump with spear on landing

because batmans wakeups are booty scorpions shitty mixups become bad. Ji1 beats ji2 and scorpions more swaggy. Footsies and lack of anti airs seem to be scorpions only downside.

"But he can parry teleport"

Umm if you react to teleport and you parry...thats cool?

12% parry vs 40%+ full combo punish?

I'm not trying to up-play scorpion here (yes I am) but this match isn't that bad in my opinion. Not 6-4 unless argued otherwise

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I agree with the Joker MU. Its definitely 6-4 Batman. The only thing that Batman goes even with Joker in this MU is their terrible wake ups. Otherwise, batman dominates.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree with the Zatanna and Wonder Woman numbers, he is fun as hell to fight!! Zatanna vs Batman is probably one of my my favorite MUs.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
you mentioned DS vortex....are u talking about where he hits you with the final frames of swordspin in the corner leaving you standing but he's at advantage? or his normal oki stuff that he does?

coolwhip

Noob
Uhhhh we need to talk about that scorpion matchup.

Bad news

Its not 6-4

You can win the zoning war eh? But can you really? At full screen he can trade hellfire with batarangs and still be able to block the batarangs as they transverse the screen to him. He can force batman to jump like a lunatic towards him. As he's jumping you can react to double jump/cape jump/normal jump with spear on landing

because batmans wakeups are booty scorpions shitty mixups become bad. Ji1 beats ji2 and scorpions more swaggy. Footsies and lack of anti airs seem to be scorpions only downside.

"But he can parry teleport"

Umm if you react to teleport and you parry...thats cool?

12% parry vs 40%+ full combo punish?

I'm not trying to up-play scorpion here (yes I am) but this match isn't that bad in my opinion. Not 6-4 unless argued otherwise
6-4 = that bad?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
you mentioned DS vortex....are u talking about where he hits you with the final frames of swordspin in the corner leaving you standing but he's at advantage? or his normal oki stuff that he does?
His normal oki corner stuff. If he hits you with b1 or b2 in the corner, it can lead to a 30% combo into a hard knockdown. Which means you have to guess if Deathstroke is going to do an overhead or a low which leads to the same exact situation over and over

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Great chart and great analysis king, ill later give some more input on the mu but yeah just dont let ares breathe cause he becomes even when he can. Ares d1 goes under bats and it can even make j2 whiff. Something I am still experimenting with.
Ares gets that low on the d1? Crikey!