What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

D

Deleted member 28105

Now, as informative as that entire breakdown of the matchup was, one problem remains. I still have no PS3 batmen wishing to play with me. :confused:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Add me. Rude_39.

I will play long sets with anyone who asks. I will also break down the match-up to the best of my ability for anyone.

Seriously.

D

Deleted member 28105

I whole-heartedly recommend to everyone here that they play this guy. I fought him just two days ago and was pleased by what I saw from his Batman.

GGS to you.
Oh gosh. If he can compete with you he'd certainly be able to annihilate me.

KRYS9984

Noob
I whole-heartedly recommend to everyone here that they play this guy. I fought him just two days ago and was pleased by what I saw from his Batman.

GGS to you.
Thanks for the kind words Blake; your Batman is a force to be reckoned with!

I really enjoy the (Batman) mirror match because it is so unpredictable; anything could change in a matter of seconds.

I highly recommend sparring with Blake (if you haven't already); he's an extremely smart / skilled player and will give you a really good fight.

Vggs.

DrkLdr

Noob
Hey guys, I recently played against Sinestro and I got wrecked, going 0-4 before switching out and it sucked because I'm a proud Batman main. I was wondering if any of you more experienced have any tips for me? I'll basically get down to the issues I faced.

I couldn't close in at all and impose my pressure. My Batman play style is in-your-face pressure, so I'm always breathing down their neck not giving them room. Not so much of a zoner but I do resort to it in certain MU's like Grundy. I couldn't get in at all in the match and I got kept out quite well with Fear Blasts and Impact Events. By the time I got in close, trait was up and I was launched into vortex-ville. I couldn't even do my rush in cross-up J2 because that got stuffed easily by his D2. Mostly it was keeping me out with spam and me being unable to get in without taking around 50% in accumulated damage or around 20% in chip. I couldn't trade batarangs vs FB because I ended up clowned in that trade. I'm also a heavy parry user, using it as a psyche out tool, but I couldn't implement it in against Sinestro due to his trait always being active by the time I got in.

I admit I was frustrated halfway in because I couldn't get anything going and therefore I played into his hands. Is the trick being extra patient against Sinestro and taking the necessary chip damage in order to get in? Thanks in advance guys.

BlastX21

Noob
Hey guys, I recently played against Sinestro and I got wrecked, going 0-4 before switching out and it sucked because I'm a proud Batman main. I was wondering if any of you more experienced have any tips for me? I'll basically get down to the issues I faced.

I couldn't close in at all and impose my pressure. My Batman play style is in-your-face pressure, so I'm always breathing down their neck not giving them room. Not so much of a zoner but I do resort to it in certain MU's like Grundy. I couldn't get in at all in the match and I got kept out quite well with Fear Blasts and Impact Events. By the time I got in close, trait was up and I was launched into vortex-ville. I couldn't even do my rush in cross-up J2 because that got stuffed easily by his D2. Mostly it was keeping me out with spam and me being unable to get in without taking around 50% in accumulated damage or around 20% in chip. I couldn't trade batarangs vs FB because I ended up clowned in that trade. I'm also a heavy parry user, using it as a psyche out tool, but I couldn't implement it in against Sinestro due to his trait always being active by the time I got in.

I admit I was frustrated halfway in because I couldn't get anything going and therefore I played into his hands. Is the trick being extra patient against Sinestro and taking the necessary chip damage in order to get in? Thanks in advance guys.
Its kind of about patience, but moreso about knowing when you can dash, when you can walk, and when you have to stand still and respect his options.

From fullscreen until mid-screen, you should be walking forward and ducking Fear Blasts on reaction. If you block a Fear Blast, you get a free dash. If you get hit by a Fear Blast, you do not get a free dash. A lot of times people get frustrated by spammers and start dashing in without thinking, and dashing after getting hit by FB is a common occurence when you lose your cool. Do not do this.

Sinestro can delay the extra 2 shots of MB feat blast shortly after the first one, so you have to time your free dash correctly. Wait a TAD bit after the duck or block, to ensure he doesn't MB. With practice, you can time your dash so that you avoid the delayed MB version, without waiting so long to do it to where you would get hit by another regular fireball.

You should be blocking every Meteor on reaction. There really is no excuse, you just have to do it. If you block a meteor, you get a free dash.

When you get to mid-range, its harder to walk and duck Fear Blast because you have less time to react. So I like to just crouch and wait for him to do something. The best thing that can happen at mid-range is that Sinestro does MB Fear Blast. If you duck MB Fear Blast at mid or close range, you can release a bat as the fireballs are going over your head, dash up, and get a full combo punish.

Alternatively, at mid range, you can try to read when he's going to fear blast. If you think he won't, then you can try and get within j2 range, release a bat and start your pressure.

Theoretically, you can get from full screen to close range without having to make a single read. All you need are good reactions, and the knowledge of when you can dash and when you can't. However, when Sinestro is traited, everything you can do to get in requires making a read. Blocking fear blast and meteors do not give you a free dash when Sinestro is traited. If you block one of them, a smart player will fire a trait shot when you try and dash afterwards, punishing you with a full-screen projectile combo. The only thing you can do is continue to block and try to bait his shots. Of course, the Sinestro player can see that and just continue throwing projectiles without wasting trait, so the match then comes down to predicting when he's going to use trait and when he won't.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Its kind of about patience, but moreso about knowing when you can dash, when you can walk, and when you have to stand still and respect his options.

From fullscreen until mid-screen, you should be walking forward and ducking Fear Blasts on reaction. If you block a Fear Blast, you get a free dash. If you get hit by a Fear Blast, you do not get a free dash. A lot of times people get frustrated by spammers and start dashing in without thinking, and dashing after getting hit by FB is a common occurence when you lose your cool. Do not do this.

Sinestro can delay the extra 2 shots of MB feat blast shortly after the first one, so you have to time your free dash correctly. Wait a TAD bit after the duck or block, to ensure he doesn't MB. With practice, you can time your dash so that you avoid the delayed MB version, without waiting so long to do it to where you would get hit by another regular fireball.

You should be blocking every Meteor on reaction. There really is no excuse, you just have to do it. If you block a meteor, you get a free dash.

When you get to mid-range, its harder to walk and duck Fear Blast because you have less time to react. So I like to just crouch and wait for him to do something. The best thing that can happen at mid-range is that Sinestro does MB Fear Blast. If you duck MB Fear Blast at mid or close range, you can release a bat as the fireballs are going over your head, dash up, and get a full combo punish.

Alternatively, at mid range, you can try to read when he's going to fear blast. If you think he won't, then you can try and get within j2 range, release a bat and start your pressure.

Theoretically, you can get from full screen to close range without having to make a single read. All you need are good reactions, and the knowledge of when you can dash and when you can't. However, when Sinestro is traited, everything you can do to get in requires making a read. Blocking fear blast and meteors do not give you a free dash when Sinestro is traited. If you block one of them, a smart player will fire a trait shot when you try and dash afterwards, punishing you with a full-screen projectile combo. The only thing you can do is continue to block and try to bait his shots. Of course, the Sinestro player can see that and just continue throwing projectiles without wasting trait, so the match then comes down to predicting when he's going to use trait and when he won't.
Sinestro's meteor can also be forward-dashed on reaction to avoid chip damage and open your opportunities.