What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

Honestly - and please don't accuse me of being a Batman downplayer as I think he can take on anything in the entire game - I think Raven is one of Batman's losing match-ups. I've tried everything in my power to make the match-up manageable and still have extreme difficulty achieving anything. All I can do is make guesses and hope they are right.
I am guessing that you have A LOT more Raven matchup experience than I do, so I`ll take your word on the number. However, what I was trying to say is that is is (VERY) winnable, even though it is in that group of annoying matchups in which we get outzoned (Harley Quinn, Sinestro) and have to play patient 80% of the time.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I am guessing that you have A LOT more Raven matchup experience than I do, so I`ll take your word on the number. However, what I was trying to say is that is is (VERY) winnable, even though it is in that group of annoying matchups in which we get outzoned (Harley Quinn, Sinestro) and have to play patient 80% of the time.
My Raven experience comes from @AK Dream Sword. And I agree, it is winnable, just annoying as you said.

The difference here is that patience does work against Harley, but Raven preys upon your patience using the extensive reach on her Soul Crush and her Demon Stance pillars. You literally have to guess when she will throw out the Soul Crush, because there isn't enough animation on the move for you to take notice, stop walking immediately, and block. The entire match devolves to a guessing game where you constantly ask yourself, "When should I walk and when I should not?"

You could call out trait bats, but at best you'd only be able to disrupt a trade. I have no idea what else you could use them for. Add in the fact that Raven can absorb them like your Batarangs and...yeah.

Raven's top-notch walk speed doesn't help our case, either. You literally can't cross her up unless you knock her down. And her small hitbox just adds to our troubles.

Sinestro, I have no comment on because I don't know him well enough to say anything.

My Raven experience comes from @AK Dream Sword. And I agree, it is winnable, just annoying as you said.

The difference here is that patience does work against Harley, but Raven preys upon your patience using the extensive reach on her Soul Crush and her Demon Stance pillars. You literally have to guess when she will throw out the Soul Crush, because there isn't enough animation on the move for you to take notice, stop walking immediately, and block. The entire match devolves to a guessing game where you constantly ask yourself, "When should I walk and when I should not?"

You could call out trait bats, but at best you'd only be able to disrupt a trade. I have no idea what else you could use them for. Add in the fact that Raven can absorb them like your Batarangs and...yeah.

Raven's top-notch walk speed doesn't help our case, either. You literally can't cross her up unless you knock her down. And her small hitbox just adds to our troubles.

Sinestro, I have no comment on because I don't know him well enough to say anything.
lol or you could go bane

I resent that comment...I'm sorry some of us actually care about winning.

What does that mean? :confused:
Yeah blake thats cool but you take losses to a whole nother level. to the point where you would give 40 bucks to another player b/c you didnt want to do a challenge anymore.......sorry some of us care about your well being when you act that way

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yeah blake thats cool but you take losses to a whole nother level. to the point where you would give 40 bucks to another player b/c you didnt want to do a challenge anymore.......sorry some of us care about your well being when you act that way
...you are not going to steer this conversation towards that direction.

I already explained this countless times and I'm not going to repeat it. If you want to keep asking about it, we'll take this to our private character convo.

And on a side-note, I just watched that video you posted and all I can say is, I'm amazed.

...you are not going to steer this conversation towards that direction.

I already explained this countless times and I'm not going to repeat it. If you want to keep asking about it, we'll take this to our private character convo.

And on a side-note, I just watched that video you posted and all I can say is, I'm amazed.
Lol <3