What's new

General/Other Batman Linking

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Im coming from playing GL, with him i feel like you could do your combo and just buffer in a command move. with Bats, i feel like im playing SF3 all over again. His timing is really tough for me to get used to. even for simple stuff like 223-b3 or even 123-antiair grapple gun. Is it just me? Are there any tricks to this? Or is it just a hurdle every Batbrain needs to jump?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
no tricks, just practice. why do people make threads about basic execution? the answer is always practice your timing, stop trying the same thing over and over, input your sequences are different times to understand the execution window. it always just comes down to practicing your timing. when you've landed it 10 times in a row you know you have the timing down. don't stop. keep practicing. batman is slightly tighter in execution than some others but comparing injustice to sf3 is kinda a joke.

There's a specific timing to a lot of these. By trial and error you should be able to figure it out. But the timing window on Batman's bnbs really aren't that strict either. I suck at execution myself and I can tell you he ain't Hawkgirl. lol

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
no tricks, just practice. why do people make threads about basic execution? the answer is always practice your timing, stop trying the same thing over and over, input your sequences are different times to understand the execution window. it always just comes down to practicing your timing. when you've landed it 10 times in a row you know you have the timing down. don't stop. keep practicing. batman is slightly tighter in execution than some others but comparing injustice to sf3 is kinda a joke.
Your comment does not help him at all dude. If you're going to be rude about it how about you don't even reply to his thread smh. No one told you to click this link.

Anyway 223 B3 is a little tight. I don't use to often because I don't like using combos that differ too much from offline to online. As far as the 123 grapple it just takes a little more patience. I mess it up all the time in practice, but never during a match lol.

miloPKL

Your comment does not help him at all dude. If you're going to be rude about it how about you don't even reply to his thread smh. No one told you to click this link.

Anyway 223 B3 is a little tight. I don't use to often because I don't like using combos that differ too much from offline to online. As far as the 123 grapple it just takes a little more patience. I mess it up all the time in practice, but never during a match lol.

hang on dude, what about it was rude? "is there a trick to performing these simple attacks" - those are his words paraphrased, read the post. the answer is no, theres no 'trick', its just basic timing. if you haven't worked it out in training, you need to take a look at your practice method. like i said, performing identical actions over and over will do nothing if the timing is not correct. i wasn't rude and i gave the best advice i can - learn to teach yourself - at the very LEAST the basics. theres a wealth of information and guides right here on tym. cmon dude.

ps. like i said this game, batman, both are not even comparable to sf3 in the slightest.

edit
There's a specific timing to a lot of these. By trial and error you should be able to figure it out. But the timing window on Batman's bnbs really aren't that strict either. I suck at execution myself and I can tell you he ain't Hawkgirl. lol
no Troispoint, don't be rude, your comment doesn't even help man, wow, what a dummy like me.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
How can you read this forum? do you have internet in that ivory tower you seem to live in?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
hang on dude, what about it was rude? "is there a trick to performing these simple attacks" - those are his words paraphrased, read the post. the answer is no, theres no 'trick', its just basic timing. if you haven't worked it out in training, you need to take a look at your practice method. like i said, performing identical actions over and over will do nothing if the timing is not correct. i wasn't rude and i gave the best advice i can - learn to teach yourself - at the very LEAST the basics. theres a wealth of information and guides right here on tym. cmon dude.

ps. like i said this game, batman, both are not even comparable to sf3 in the slightest.
"why do people make threads about basic execution?"

Obviously it's not basic for him if he's having trouble performing those strings into combos.

miloPKL

"why do people make threads about basic execution?"

Obviously it's not basic for him if he's having trouble performing those strings into combos.

thats like saying drawing stick figures isnt basic because i can't do it. in the spectrum of gaming this shit is basic.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
I thought this was a forum to come and learn and be a part of a FG community. This is my first fighting game, your going to hold that against me and be a dick?

miloPKL

I thought this was a forum to come and learn and be a part of a FG community. This is my first fighting game, your going to hold that against me and be a dick?
im not being a dick. i gave you advice. do you want me to come and do the combo for you? this has escalated beyond what it ever was thanks to Shive. i wasn't a dick, i gave you good advice, the same advice Troispoint gave you. and shive gave you no advice. cmon people.

Squizz i apologise if i sound like a dick, i honestly didn't mean to. take my advice.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
You were kinda dickish man. But hey, least your man enough to try and rebuild a bridge. I can respect that, thanks man

miloPKL

You were kinda dickish man. But hey, least your man enough to try and rebuild a bridge. I can respect that, thanks man

thank you, but please re read what i posted, approach it with a different light, you read it as a dick, but i typed it dickless. i do believe it is good advice, you must revise your practice method. you acknowledged this is basic. i reiterated it is basic. we must take a basic approach. when you are in training, it hurts you to mindlessly perform something over and over especially when you are not getting the result you want. you have to try something different, and we are talking about a game that takes button sequences at special timings to perform combos. i can tell you that after the 223 or whatever string you are using, there is a certain number of frames window in which you can perform the next sequence of the combo. you must experiment with the timing to understand the timing. nodick.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
no doubt, ive been waiting for his heel to touch the ground then b3. even that seems like it would be tough online. is it?

miloPKL

no doubt, ive been waiting for his heel to touch the ground then b3. even that seems like it would be tough online. is it?
well i feel using visual cues is a mistake. im certainly not a pro but i condone muscle memory over visual cues. especially online, visuals lag. if you have a combo with a break in it like 223 > b3, visually timing the break, you will be late every time, and never connect the attack. muscle memory will prevail online.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I'll be straight with ya, for 223, b3 and 113, b3...just press the fuck out of the b3...hold down b and press 3 fast and repetitively...I used to try to time it but I'd always be late. Now I hit it most of the time. I know it sounds lame and sloppy but if it works....haha

miloPKL

I'll be straight with ya, for 223, b3 and 113, b3...just press the fuck out of the b3...hold down b and press 3 fast and repetitively...I used to try to time it but I'd always be late. Now I hit it most of the time. I know it sounds lame and sloppy but if it works....haha

great advice for the lame and sloppy players. we should strive to be better.

its honestly not that hard. you just must put it to practice. your fundamental gameplay will improve. your attention to execution will translate to other fighters.

its nice to know you can rely on your execution in times that require quick thinking. you will be beaten by the better player who has trained properly.

The hardest part about linking with batman is by far his b3 timings in his combos. He has the 223 b3, 113, b3, and the 123, b2,xxEXskygrapple, and b3ing after that. The latter of which i find the hardest. You can actually time that one to early or to late, whereas the other 2 ive only ever mistimed them late. If you wanna get some practice with batman combos online to better do them with input lag you can add me on psn, im resevil67. When i was new to online with certain characters id get a friend to do an online practice session with me so i can learn the feel for the same combos with the input lag, so i wouldnt drop em in an actual match =p

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
great advice for the lame and sloppy players. we should strive to be better.

its honestly not that hard. you just must put it to practice. your fundamental gameplay will improve. your attention to execution will translate to other fighters.

its nice to know you can rely on your execution in times that require quick thinking. you will be beaten by the better player who has trained properly.
well when I asked FOREVER KING and he told me to just mash it then that makes him a sloppy player? It's not about looking elegant when playing, it's about winning. You're trying way too hard to seem like a badass on here, 5star