What's new

Tech Batman - Instant NJ2 Overhead Combo Into Vortex Demostration (Midscreen)

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
This is a high level tech, I know that nj2 on block is a risk but it has its advantages in damage and gives to batman a new option to his game, an instant overhead with a combo possibility of great damage.

This is the exact combo configuration for NJ2 overhead works (Only this for now, I am working on more setups)

Pros:
- A new option (Low: b11 or this new overhead: nj2...)
- Midscreen
- Fast Overhead Combo
- Great damage of 37% Meterless (Afer connect nj2)
- Only two options for the opponent (standing block or crouching block)

Cons:
- Instant j2 on block is full combo punish
- One bar for EX grapple
- Requires a perfect calculation

STORMS AK GamerBlake

Sami

Noob
I'm assuming based on the short range (relatively speaking) of j2 and b1 that this setup can be back-dashed out of? J2 will be full combo punishable, but can b11 be made safe? Not sure if the combo enders (b112, b113) will catch back-dashers.

Would test myself but I'm without Injustice for now until the PC version comes out.

Regardless, good find. One of these days you'll find Raven on the option select screen and grace her with your talents ;)

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Great work dude. Correct me if I'm wrong but they can push block out of it too unless they are short on meter, right? What options do you have then? Activating the trait before going into the combo might be a good idea, that way if they push block you can release the bats and cross them up again with a j2

Great work dude. Correct me if I'm wrong but they can push block out of it too unless they are short on meter, right? What options do you have then? Activating the trait before going into the combo might be a good idea, that way if they push block you can release the bats and cross them up again with a j2
Push block makes the bats go away lol

coolwhip

Noob
For better or worse, this game is heavy on 50/50's and vortexes. As such, as far as Batman is concerned, I really believe spending a bar on MB straight grapple is the way to go moving forward, especially in the corner. This is an awesome discovery, by the way.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
I just fooled around with this and it seemed kind of easy to get out of with Aquaman. I just held down and blocked b11, instant nj2 whiffed and I just d2ed it. If nj2 was delayed I just d2ed that as well. I might me doing it wrong to myself lol. Has anyone tested this?

This seems solid, but unlikely to work more than once or twice when playing someone. If I saw you were doing this, I'd probably just backdash or D2 you.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
I just fooled around with this and it seemed kind of easy to get out of with Aquaman. I just held down and blocked b11, instant nj2 whiffed and I just d2ed it. If nj2 was delayed I just d2ed that as well. I might me doing it wrong to myself lol. Has anyone tested this?
DoctrineDark I think they can duck the nj2 everytime. This gave me ideas though. Any move that gives substantial advantage is candidate for a nj2 b1 mixup, unfortunately the jump 2 seems to whiff all the time

On lex instant jump 2 connects after d1 and 1, so you can 50/50 him everytime you hit him with those. Seems like nj2 will only hit big hitbox characters

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I cant answer/quote all of it, I'm using a virtual keyboard and using a joystick as mouse LOL (my keyboard and mouse are dead) so I'll make a response:

- This combo config before the vortex is the optimal set-up for now, so the opponent only can block stand or crouch, nothing more (no back dash, no d2, no super move, nothing)
I recorded this against myself, so in this vid I'm trying to avoid batman's nj2 (I'm trying to jump, I'm doing back dash, and super move as you can see it is not possible)

Grapple catch at different heights, while higher heights provides more stun (according to how you finish the combo) this is important for the exact calculation, look at 0:06, Grapple catch at high height, provides great stun and provides me the exact time for make this calculation j2, nj, instant nj2 <- this is the specific alculation for this combo (113, b3, j2, j2, d2 grapple)

Actually im working on a version with trait.

Sami AK Reno_Racks RONALD ROGAN Vocket

Vocket

DoctrineDark there is a way to setup trait and the vortex. After MB grapple do a cross over j2 (might have to walk back before a bit to make sure it hits) into trait. From there you can insant nj1 sparkles or b1 combo.

Nj2 will only land on big characters like Lex, Doomsday, and Bane. (have not tested on all).

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
DoctrineDark there is a way to setup trait and the vortex. After MB grapple do a cross over j2 (might have to walk back before a bit to make sure it hits) into trait. From there you can insant nj1 sparkles or b1 combo.

Nj2 will only land on big characters like Lex, Doomsday, and Bane. (have not tested on all).
I'm in the lab now and this setup works fine against batgirl, but it's definitely much easier against big characters.
nj1 + sparkle is 13% and is much easier to connect that nj2 is more safe and I think also a good option for additional 13%

Vocket

Guys, I have some new setups safer and consistent :)
in a few more minutes I'll have the vid.
Damn chilean minutes last an hour.

The tech you have is great and will boost batman to another level. What I am hoping you discovered was a way to loop b11 back into the vortex or some sick corner vortex setup. I myself have trouble consistently doing your vortex setup, since it must be done from max height and the instant jump 2 is awkward for me after and empty jump.

Corner options I have explored is from MB grapple, which are j2, 22, j1 sparkles, or j2, 22 trait, j1 sparkles. Both seem to land on every character, and even better, the sparkles on hit in the corner give enough advantage for a guaranteed 11.

Vocket

Well it is plus on block and easier, you did it again doctor. (it is easy to hit conforim b11 into b112)

One new thing I have discovered is that that b2 release bats gives enough block advantage to attempt the 50/50 mixup. It is only guaranteed from a jump in though I would guess that most would instantly stand up after seeing the b2.