What's new

Batman help

I am trying to find characters to main and I think batman might be one of them. I don't know what to do to be good tho. I know J2 is super good but I wanna be a good batman that has oppressive pressure ambiguous cross ups not a mediocre one that relies on J2. So if you main batman I'd like some help.

Yes Ji2 is a great tool rarely punishable, the opponent needs to practically read your mind in order to punish with a d2 in this game. But besides of that learn how to manage your trait (Mech bats), they can be used for a lot of things... imagination is the limit.
And as stated above by protools27, watch videos to learn how others utilize those tools.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Watch Forever King's matches. He's the best batman. It's all about trait management. He's got arguably the best trait in the game. His core gameplay centers around how well you use it. I always try to have 1 bat out at a time, that way there is always one charging and i can use it for pressure, zoning, whiff punishing, extra damage in combos, etc.... How you use trait will be contingent on the match up ( more emphasis on zoning, pressure, etc...) There's obviously more to batman than just his trait but, if you are trying to main batman I would focus my attention on trait management initially. cheers.

Watch Forever King's matches. He's the best batman. It's all about trait management. He's got arguably the best trait in the game. His core gameplay centers around how well you use it. I always try to have 1 bat out at a time, that way there is always one charging and i can use it for pressure, zoning, whiff punishing, extra damage in combos, etc.... How you use trait will be contingent on the match up ( more emphasis on zoning, pressure, etc...) There's obviously more to batman than just his trait but, if you are trying to main batman I would focus my attention on trait management initially. cheers.
That's good. It seems tho whenever I pop trait I end up wasting in a zoning war or get hit out of before I can use the plus frames

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
yeah, other Batmen are SilverRye, Illusions sometimes, Homeleee if you're looking for a Batman that does much simpler combos, then Dartharma, Perfect Legend, Station

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
General things:
At the end of a combo:
If you want to do damage, end with B2, 3
If you want to maintain offense and have a bar of meter, end your combo with down 2 into straight grapple meterburn. From there you can neutral jump 2 to set up a 50-50 between crossup jump 2, or not crossup jump 2,
or if you have a trait call available or an EX batarang available, you can use those to cancel your strings and keep the opponent locked down.
Video from raptor explaining post Straight grapple 50-50 tech.