What's new

Batman FINAL Matchup Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
LOL says the guy who said "Zod is mediocre."
Lots of players, including Cowboy and Theo, thought Zod was "overrated".

Zod's S tier status is not apparent at a low mid level (i.e., your level of play). It is only apparent at a high level. That is why it took players such a long time to make the character work.

Cage is undoubtedly top 8. Liu might barely crack top 10 but that's a hard pressed argument with Jax, Kitana and Reptile pushing for the 10th spot as well. He's not bad don't get me wrong, but if he had a dash like Cage's and Sonya's then he'd be top 10 easy imo.
But cage loses to Sonya, rax, kenshi 8-2, kabal 7-3 and Freddy all top chars... it's debatable they have similar mu numbers

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
If you're so close to a character that they can't anti air Batman, then you know the J2 is going to cross over.

But I still disagree heavily in Batman doesn't need to rush Sinestro down. Batman can't beat Sinestro in the zoning war, he needs to rush down
You can't properly gauge the distance of the jump in the heat of the moment.

There is also major disconnect with your talking point about rushing down Sinestro. Back when I used to play more defensively in the matchup, I struggled heavily. The reason for this is that Sinestro's defensive tools simply aren't good enough to ward off Batman. I did not start doing well until I started rushing him down.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
But cage loses to Sonya, rax, kenshi 8-2, kabal 7-3 and Freddy all top chars... it's debatable they have similar mu numbers
Freddy versus Cage being 7:3 is the biggest Mortal Kombat 9 bill ever sold. The match is 6:4 at best for Freddy.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Zod's S tier status is not apparent at a low mid level (i.e., your level of play). It is only apparent at a high level. That is why it took players such a long time to make the character work.
But since it took YOU a long time to realize that he's S tier, aren't you basically calling yourself a low mid level player?

Fail, Dave.
Fail.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Zod's S tier status is not apparent at a low mid level (i.e., your level of play).

Slips is right, mobility is key and if some of the mid/low-tiers in Injustice had better mobility, they'd be so much better (at least I think that's what he's saying, I'm kinda jumping in here)

Imagine Nightwing with Batman's jump in Escrima, and GL's walk-speed in Staff. Staff would have one of the best neutrals in the game. Nightwing would sky-rocket up the tier list.

But yeah, I agree with the 5-5 :p. It's a pretty fun MU.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
8-2? I don't know about that. I can see Cyrax, Kabal and Sonya I would think loses 4-6 while Kenshi would be 3-7. Freddy who knows. Regardless I don't know shit about Cage's specific matchups so that's besides the point, I'm mainly addressing how his dash speed is one of the main reasons he's super good.

But since it took YOU a long time to realize that he's S tier, aren't you basically calling yourself a low mid level player?

Fail, Dave.
Fail.
I thought he looked beastly day 1, anyone should have noticed his ability to instant air, his mobility, and that stupid trait... And the lasers

8-2? I don't know about that. I can see Cyrax, Kabal and Sonya I would think loses 4-6 while Kenshi would be 3-7. Freddy who knows. Regardless I don't know shit about Cage's specific matchups so that's besides the point, I'm mainly addressing how his dash speed is one of the main reasons he's super good.
I'm just nitpicking his top 8 position. Regardless kenshi and kabal are really bad, Sonya is a huge pain in the ass and Cyrax is only bad because 100% damage

ZyroHQ

Noob
maybe i just play garbage Harleys, but 4-6?

King, why doesn't Superman beat Batman?
Batman beats Harley 6-4 Harley can zone him well,but once he gets in it gets really bad for her. Batman has an insane amount of safe attacks and strings. Push blocking is an option only if has meter,and Harley needs meter for her cupcakes. Harley needs meter to zone at full potential,and often depletes it fast. On knockdown,neither dominates since Batman's wakeup is trash and harleys wakeups are good in theory,but garbage against good players. No good player is going to let you catch him with tantrum or silly slide reverse tantrum on wakeup. The fact that you see batman players on tourneys lose to harleys often is because Batman is a go to character for scrubs,so trash players appear on tournaments, get beat and people get the wrong impression about the matchup. Those batmans that you see are trash. Its a 6-4 matchup for batman,there is nothing to discuss here. Case closed

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Being able to backdash does not equate to not getting a mixup, although I will lab this to make sure I'm not chatting shit. And they do not carry the same risk, as Batman must do it on a read, whereas Sinestro can d2 on reaction to a jump. I'm taking about reliably anti-airing a jump in attempt. Sinestro's d2 is simply far superior as an anti-air than a pre-emptive jump attack when you weigh them up.
Not really. The common misconception of Sinestro's d2 is that it is a top anti-air tool. When in fact, it's better used as a footsie tool than an anti-air. This leaves us with problems against characters with weird jump arcs like Batman, sometimes Batgirl/Raven/etc. because we can't react to jumps with a d2 because it is so slow. Because we have to do it preemptively, we take a huge risk of getting comboed either way. This is why a lot of the time you see Cowboy, p2w, etc. let people jump in because it's physically impossible to react to a jump attack with d2. Another thing is the "you know it will cross up" point if he's close in. That may be the case but Batman getting to jump around willy nilly with little consequence is obnoxious. He gets free pressure which is character specific because of Sinestro's inability to anti-air. That in combination with being able to punish my footsie tools and zoning, is why I believe Sinestro loses to Batman. The only thing Sinestro has going for him is the vortex and when Batman gets knocked down. Everything else is in Batman's favor.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Batman beats Harley 6-4 Harley can zone him well,but once he gets in it gets really bad for her. Batman has an insane amount of safe attacks and strings. Push blocking is an option only if has meter,and Harley needs meter for her cupcakes. Harley needs meter to zone at full potential,and often depletes it fast. On knockdown,neither dominates since Batman's wakeup is trash and harleys wakeups are good in theory,but garbage against good players. No good player is going to let you catch him with tantrum or silly slide reverse tantrum on wakeup. The fact that you see batman players on tourneys lose to harleys often is because Batman is a go to character for scrubs,so trash players appear on tournaments, get beat and people get the wrong impression about the matchup. Those batmans that you see are trash. Its a 6-4 matchup for batman,there is nothing to discuss here. Case closed
that's what i was secretly thinking. ya, i knew batmen like darth arma, nubcakes, and forever king were scrubs.

but not me tho #team6-4bm

ZyroHQ

Noob
Also, I agree with the Harley number. I had once thought it was 5-5, but after improving my zoning with HQ, I saw the light. @Semi Evil Ryu would agree since we use to run the MU so much.
Its 6-4 for Batman. Harley can zone him pretty well,but once he gets In it gets rough. If the batman fails to beat her up close,then he is garbage,like that evil ryu loser you play with. Everyone can appear on a tournament,a person only needs money. If 1 pro player and 99 scrubs appear on a tournament, those in top 8 except the guy who is no1 are-trash. Don't base your opinions by playing with garbage players,I ignore people who I beat ,and since no Batman on PC can beat me I regularly troll,make fun of them,post screenshots of them losing since its 6-4 for batman. I have a big screenshot collection exposing losers like that evilryu guy,they deserve no respect. I don't care if he is some lucky rich kid who has cash so he appears on a tourney and he's instantly good since he can actually come to one and beat a few scrubs with batman,the most brainless character. But do what you want,I don't care. What matters is that batman vs Harley is 6-4 ,this is a fact,not an opinion. Only scrubs have 'opinions' and choose to ignore facts

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I'm a relative nobody, but for the last year or so I was only been able to play Injustice with @Pnut exclusively. It always boiled down to Batman vs Sinestro, and this is my take on the MU:

Batman can neutralize some of Sinestro's main tools. B12 being punishable by bats is dumb, Batman's small hitbox dodges Fear Blast and often forces the Sinestro to use a bar of meter to not be punished at mid-range with trait, and good Batman players will only be jumping at a range where Sinestro's D2 is unreliable and therefore not worth the risk. Combined with the fact that Batman's high combo potential and excellent mobility, it can be argued to be 6-4 Batman's favor.

Sinestro still has tools that he can fight back with. For example, off a knockdown Sinestro can do a free left/right vortex on Batman. Should Batman choose to avoid this situation with his only invincible wakeup of slide, Sinestro gets a free punish with B1, which leads back into the vortex. Sinestro also heavily outfootsies Batman when he doesn't have bats. True, Batman gets trait for free and good players will insure that there is always 1 bat available in neutral. But one trade, one errant Fear Blast hit, one good use of Sinestro B1 means trait goes away. Batman cannot effectively approach Sinestro without bats, and he cannot check Sinestro's zoning, footsies or trait charge.

Everyone must also remember that we are playing Injustice here too, where interacables are a big deal. Most stages favor power characters, and Sinestro with trait can guarantee interactables. When Batman has to eat an unescapable TV to the face, he gets pushed back, loses bats and Sinestro is at a huge advantage in the neutral. Even the interactables that can be dodged with a double jump forces Batman backwards, and again leaves Sinestro at a huge advantage. Combined with good/great interactables located in the corner of every stage, even patient Batman players that walk their opponents to the end of the screen are in a bad position.

Personally, I have to call it at 5-5. Batman relies entirely on bats for this matchup, and they are extremely good. The strength of interactables as a whole give Sinestro enough firepower to fight back.

TL; DR: Bats + small hitbox = B1 + interactables

ZyroHQ

Noob
[Qdidn't say
that's what i was secretly thinking. ya, i knew batmen like darth arma, nubcakes, and forever king were scrubs.

I didn't say that forever king is a scrub. I didn't see him lose to a 'high ranking' Harley player. There is no team 6-4 batman, I just can't let people give me 'opinions' when I know my character inside and out. Why were you secretly thinking it? Its the truth. What is sad here is that so called best injustice players are actually best american players. Russians dominate fighters,if people from that country or from other countries competed with those guys , those guys would be off the map. Sadly,only US players get recognition here. When I see kit or evo,its not a world tournament,its a USA tournament. These injustice champions aren't world champions,they are champions from 1 country. I know a guy who is a high ranking Russian injustice player whose zatanna would wipe the floor with degs,but thats the problem,he can't get recognition,he's Russian,not from the states"Shaazzyam, post: 1605616, member: 29064"]that's what i was secretly thinking. ya, i knew batmen like darth arma, nubcakes, and forever king were scrubs.

but not me tho #team6-4bm[/QUOTE]
I didnt

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Not really. The common misconception of Sinestro's d2 is that it is a top anti-air tool. When in fact, it's better used as a footsie tool than an anti-air. This leaves us with problems against characters with weird jump arcs like Batman, sometimes Batgirl/Raven/etc. because we can't react to jumps with a d2 because it is so slow. Because we have to do it preemptively, we take a huge risk of getting comboed either way. This is why a lot of the time you see Cowboy, p2w, etc. let people jump in because it's physically impossible to react to a jump attack with d2. Another thing is the "you know it will cross up" point if he's close in. That may be the case but Batman getting to jump around willy nilly with little consequence is obnoxious. He gets free pressure which is character specific because of Sinestro's inability to anti-air. That in combination with being able to punish my footsie tools and zoning, is why I believe Sinestro loses to Batman. The only thing Sinestro has going for him is the vortex and when Batman gets knocked down. Everything else is in Batman's favor.
You make it sound like Sinestro can't anti-air Batman at all. I understand that his d2 is slightly overrated, but you need to play a character like Zatanna who simply can not d2 Batman's jump ins regardless of the spacing or timing before you make the claim that Sinestro can't because we both know it's not true. The fact that his d2 works at all against Batman's jump 2 is more than most of the cast have, however I do agree that it doesn't work on reaction which I think some people fail to realise Also, whilst Batman can d2 Sinestro's jumpins, Sinestro has the mixup of doing air axe, which is safe even if Batman has bats. Batman gets reactable block pressure off of a successful jumpin, but Sinestro gets actual mixups based off crossups. The fact that Batman can punish b12 is a massive problem though.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
[Qdidn't say

I didn't say that forever king is a scrub. I didn't see him lose to a 'high ranking' Harley player. There is no team 6-4 batman, I just can't let people give me 'opinions' when I know my character inside and out. Why were you secretly thinking it? Its the truth. What is sad here is that so called best injustice players are actually best american players. Russians dominate fighters,if people from that country or from other countries competed with those guys , those guys would be off the map. Sadly,only US players get recognition here. When I see kit or evo,its not a world tournament,its a USA tournament. These injustice champions aren't world champions,they are champions from 1 country. I know a guy who is a high ranking Russian injustice player whose zatanna would wipe the floor with degs,but thats the problem,he can't get recognition,he's Russian,not from the states"Shaazzyam, post: 1605616, member: 29064"]that's what i was secretly thinking. ya, i knew batmen like darth arma, nubcakes, and forever king were scrubs.

KDZ uses Red Son Superman. What else do you want?

ZyroHQ

Noob
[Q="Amplified$hotz, post: 1605646, member: 28715"]I didnt[/QUOTE]
KDZ uses Red Son Superman. What else do you want?[/QUOTE]
I dont understand what you are trying to say. What does KDZs superman have to do with batman vs Harley being 6-4?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Wow lol @Laos_boy

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Its 6-4 for Batman. Harley can zone him pretty well,but once he gets In it gets rough. If the batman fails to beat her up close,then he is garbage,like that evil ryu loser you play with. Everyone can appear on a tournament,a person only needs money. If 1 pro player and 99 scrubs appear on a tournament, those in top 8 except the guy who is no1 are-trash. Don't base your opinions by playing with garbage players,I ignore people who I beat ,and since no Batman on PC can beat me I regularly troll,make fun of them,post screenshots of them losing since its 6-4 for batman. I have a big screenshot collection exposing losers like that evilryu guy,they deserve no respect. I don't care if he is some lucky rich kid who has cash so he appears on a tourney and he's instantly good since he can actually come to one and beat a few scrubs with batman,the most brainless character. But do what you want,I don't care. What matters is that batman vs Harley is 6-4 ,this is a fact,not an opinion. Only scrubs have 'opinions' and choose to ignore facts
What even is this lol

ZyroHQ

Noob
What even is this lol
What do you mean? Are you saying that Batman doesnt beat her up close? If Harley doesn't have meter for pushblocks,she can't really defend well. The semi infinite Laos mentioned is good,but a strong batman will read it and get out. I am just stating why its a 6-4 for batman

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
What do you mean? Are you saying that Batman doesnt beat her up close? If Harley doesn't have meter for pushblocks,she can't really defend well. The semi infinite Laos mentioned is good,but a strong batman will read it and get out. I am just stating why its a 6-4 for batman
But it isn't, Harley either wins or it's even. Harley always has meter, you don't have to use it on cupcakes or gunshots. You can force Batman to wake up and full punish for 40%. If he gets in, pushblock him and he is back at the range that you want. If Saltface didn't lose to Max at KIT, Harley would have won that tourney..... unless King had some super secret Sinestro alt.