What's new

Tech Batman corner shenanigans

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ok so In the corner I found that off of b113, if you time a follow up b23 just right you will actually roll under the opponent. Opening up some crazy cross up shenanigans to reverse wake up inputs beat others all together etc etc.

You basically need to hit them at their highest point after being launched by b113, its kinda tight but you will get the feel of it after a few tries. You can also get more damage by using this to follow up on a hit confirmed 112~straight grapple MB. Since that is a ground combo.

Pardon the online practice mode, there was a little lag so I drop a lot of follow ups. Shout outs to Killin Natzees for recording and editing it.

Hope to see cool ideas born from this.

Here's what I have so far for After the cross under roll:

- you can dash forward and it will push their body back into the corner before they can wake up.
-mbf3
-call bats and then punish non-advancing wake ups with long active frames
-immediately cross over to mess up wake up inputs and full combo punish
-neutral jump punish some advancing wake ups.

This is all very match-up specific and you will need to see where you can apply it.

Enjoy!

Rude
RapZiLLa54
eklectic
Showtime
xQUANTUMx
@darth arma
SOT Semi Evil Ryu
Reptile Orion
GamerBlake90
@All other BatMains :)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Ooooh! I like this! I'm stealing it, Beefy! Usually, my B113 combo is: B113, 123, B2 xx MB Grapple. I go for the reset to negate wake-ups and continue pressure.

This will be a good compliment to that! Thanks!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Ok so In the cornerI found that off of b113, if you time a follow up b23 just right you will actually roll under the opponent. Opening up some crazy cross up shenanigans to reverse wake up inputs beat others all together etc etc.

You basically need to hit them at their i highest point after being launched by b113.

Pardon the online practice mode, there was a little lag so I drop a lot of follow ups. Shout outs to Killin Natzees for recording and editing it.

Hope to see cool ideas born from this.

Rude
RapZiLLa54
eklectic
Showtime
xQUANTUMx
@darth arma
SOT Semi Evil Ryu
Reptile Orion

What happens when they tech roll though? Do they roll into the corner or do they roll out of it because you are trying to cross up and now you put yourself in the corner? I mean you're doing a 14% combo where off a b113 you can get in the mid 40%s in the corner, so you're leaving a lot of damage on the table for essentially a cross up.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
What happens when they tech roll though? Do they roll into the corner or do they roll out of it because you are trying to cross up and now you put yourself in the corner?
They will tech roll back into the corner. And if you jump over just before they input the tech roll and mess the input up..they will just stand up. LoL

RapZiLLa54
To answer the concern you edited into your post, Its just another shenanigan to add to the arsenal of mixups in various match ups. If I am doing this on a read to get my 14 + 37% back into a standing reset, Its worth it to me. I will mainly be using this off a hit confirmed 112~straight grapple MB, so there is a bit more damage right there. I am all for guaranteed damage, but that random factor is huge in this game so it never hurts to have some shenanigans.

I am wondering if we can still get this to hit off of b113 mb up batarang b23. Not sure how the gravity scales, but it could be good for a bit of extra damage in this set up. Not to mention, I found this on accident and was able to replicate it very easily. So I think its cool to have an option laid out should this happen in a match, unintentionally.

Rude

Wow. One more question: How does this work vs. wake-up attacks? Specifically. Black Adam's Lightning Cage?

I have some ideas for this set-up that I want to test, soon.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Wow. One more question: How does this work vs. wake-up attacks? Specifically. Black Adam's Lightning Cage?

I have some ideas for this set-up that I want to test, soon.
I think lightening cage might beat the cross over after the roll due to its nuclear bomb sized hitbox. So you will just need to test out how to condition them not to do it by not crossing up or doing mbf3. Or jump back instant glide 2 or something. I only tested it with Batman's and Aquaman's wake ups so far.

Rude

Quantum, lets hit the lab during training this week and figure some shit out. You have a mic?