What's new

Tech Batgirl's Unseeable Midscreen Crossup and Trait Resets

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
B2U3, B2U3, D2, Bola, forward dash, B3, forward dash, D2, Bat Evade 3(reverse input). This is IMPOSSIBLE to react to. You have to know it's coming. If you miss the Bat Evade 3 or choose not to do it, your very next hit restands the opponent and they have to guess anyway. This is an excellent addition to the midscreen game because people will literally have no idea which way to block.

In the second half of the video, it's showing that she can use trait after bola in the corner to reset combos and make the opponent guess without using J2, 111 or B2D3. After trait, you can immediately do B2U3 or B12 and start a new combo for maximum damage. Credits go to @SonicFox5000 .

The trait not only starts a new combo, but it adds a 33/33/33 to her corner game because they now have to guess high, low, or crossup.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Looks swag, but not exactly practical. There is zero reason to use trait to reset the combo when you can use j2, 111.

d2 bat evade looks interesting though. Can it be tech rolled?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Looks swag, but not exactly practical. There is zero reason to use trait to reset the combo when you can use j2, 111.

d2 bat evade looks interesting though. Can it be tech rolled?

NOPE! Instant restand after two D2's. If you want, you could just do D2 into nothing and restart the vortex. The Bat Evade 3 is for guaranteed damage and the hard knockdown.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
1) What can you really get off the first setup? Just some sort of dash in neutral jump to cross them up? What does it lead to that is better than the vortex?

2) This is pretty much the same as whiffing a normal mid-screen to reset the combo counter, right? What is the reason to do it and not 111/b2d3? Seems like you are giving up damage.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
NOPE! Instant restand after two D2's. If you want, you could just do D2 into nothing and restart the vortex. The Bat Evade 3 is for guaranteed damage and the hard knockdown.
I've messed with this before and the double down 2 is causing a quick rise and the bat evade 3 is hitting them on the rise. If you do the d2 bat evade 3 earlier it combos but that knockdown is tech-rollable. The bat evade 3 will cross up/not cross up from time to time like you did there but i find it usually doesn't.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
1) What can you really get off the first setup? Just some sort of dash in neutral jump to cross them up? What does it lead to that is better than the vortex?

2) This is pretty much the same as whiffing a normal mid-screen to reset the combo counter, right? What is the reason to do it and not 111/b2d3? Seems like you are giving up damage.
1. Adds in a WTF factor and makes the opponent completely unsure of what to do next.

2. Yes, and I just wanted the information out there so people can find something more practical for it in the future.

I've messed with this before and the double down 2 is causing a quick rise and the bat evade 3 is hitting them on the rise. If you do the d2 bat evade 3 earlier it combos but that knockdown is tech-rollable. The bat evade 3 will cross up/not cross up from time to time like you did there but i find it usually doesn't.
There's a way to get it consistently but it takes heavy execution. I know @Pan1cMode loves the hard stuff.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
They can tech roll and wakeup ._.
Which goes back to them having to KNOW it's coming. No one can see this and react to it. You're already on the other side before the combo ends, so in their head, they have to pick a solid wakeup and reverse it in half a second. Highly unlikely.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait, so 2 d2's restand the opponent? they can bust out if they see this comming can't they?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I would say that the 1st part is definitely a gimmick, not to say that gimmicks are a bad thing. I would personally choose to keep them in the 50-50. Sure you get a potential setup I guess and some surprise factor... or you can keep them guessing and take their ability to wake-up. TBH, if I was on the defense I would be happy that they let me out. Definitely swag though.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I would say that the 1st part is definitely a gimmick, not to say that gimmicks are a bad thing. I would personally choose to keep them in the 50-50. Sure you get a potential setup I guess and some surprise factor... or you can keep them guessing and take their ability to wake-up. TBH, if I was on the defense I would be happy that they let me out. Definitely swag though.
I can respect that. I'd only use it once in a match to throw someone off. "WTF? I HAVE TO GUESS 4 WAYS NOW?" Then in come the nervous thumbs and freedom to the vortex :D

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
There's a way to get it consistently but it takes heavy execution. I know @Pan1cMode loves the hard stuff.
Haha, you funny! Just trying to help you understand what was happening in the video. Also, if it takes such heavy execution, wouldn't that make it inconsistent? :D

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Haha, you funny! Just trying to help you understand what was happening in the video. Also, if it takes such heavy execution, wouldn't that make it inconsistent? :D
Maaaaaaan, if I can do it, ANYBODY CAN! Lol, I figure people here are more comfortable with Batgirl and would get it down in no time with sufficient practice.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Maaaaaaan, if I can do it, ANYBODY CAN! Lol, I figure people here are more comfortable with Batgirl and would get it down in no time with sufficient practice.
There's a lot of variables, like being too close to an actual stage wall throws off the bounce back height. Also, how late you do the last d2 and how early you press the 3 after bat evade. Also, how big the combo was before the b3 changes the gravity.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
There's a lot of variables, like being too close to an actual stage wall throws off the bounce back height. Also, how late you do the last d2 and how early you press the 3 after bat evade. Also, how big the combo was before the b3 changes the gravity.
Yeah, that's why I put a specific combo to make it consistent.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Ugh I knew about this too. Maybe I should start posting in other forums more:(

Oh well not taking credit away.

Good job

EDIT I WAS TALKING ABOUT D2 BAT EVADE 3

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Ugh I knew about this too. Maybe I should start posting in other forums more:(

Oh well not taking credit away.

Good job

EDIT I WAS TALKING ABOUT D2 BAT EVADE 3
Come on Laos Boy, you're the resident female tech poster!!! It's your job to inform the masses!!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yeah, that's why I put a specific combo to make it consistent.
Ok just remember this is the only combo you can do this from and it must be mid-screen so that fixes the gravity but what about the d2? And the divekick always crosses-up and doesn't non cross-up unless you wait to hit the second 3. You can't really make it ambiguous either. The gap between cross-up and non-crossup the dive kick whiffs, eliminating any sort of ambiguous zone. By the time Batgirl is in the non cross-up zone, she is way over to one side of her opponent, making it very obvious which way to block. This is also unsafe as Divekick is -15 on block.