What's new

Breakthrough Batgirl's Flying Bat Infinite-Discovered by SonicFox

Maasik

Noob
I don't play the game, but there's always talk about how they have to get the book out to check what the rules are.
I think a lot of it involves stage selection and an apparent lack of standardization.
Apex's rules don't look too horrendous.

Most relevant-looking part, for fun:
That's pretty interesting I didn't know about all this. Do you know if these are rules for Brawl specifically? Doesn't sound much like Melee or Project M, but Brawl's kind of a joke anyways haha.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
33s were online-only and weren't always possible in certain connections. We said 3 33s, but no one really followed it, tbh. Most just never did them, did only 1, etc.

As fucked as this is, I mean, there's no real way to put a limit on it. Better to just ban it. Though, if it is that difficult to do, and really risky if you miss...

Join me in re reading this thread..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That's pretty interesting I didn't know about all this. Do you know if these are rules for Brawl specifically? Doesn't sound much like Melee or Project M, but Brawl's kind of a joke anyways haha.
Leave Brawl alone :(.

Yeah those are the Brawl rule set.

When you have 40+ stages and like 38 characters as well as hella random shit there's bound to be some limitaitons placed on certain stages.

Anyways, banning this isn't that hard. I don't understand why everyone is totally ok with this but the bola glitch was JUST SO BROKE OMG. This is literally an infinite that she gets off any cancellable string, any launching string MB teleport, MB df2, db2u in the corner; this is sooooo much more broken than planting an invisibile bola that disappears on hit, whiff, blocking, pressing MB or using bola again.

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Every once in a blue moon, I wake up and... I always have that one question occasionally that pops up...
"How can I make Batgirl more broken?"
I have found the answer....

NOT promoted by STORMS!
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Well, like I said I don't play the game, so most of what I know is from Google. I checked out Apex's rules because I know that's pretty much the biggest Smash tournament.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Tournament_legal_(SSBB) seems to suggest the rules for Melee are pretty standard but Brawl is not so settled. It also reminded me that there was an effort to standardize rules that didn't go so great: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-urc-has-been-disbanded.321154/

JDM

Noob
If this causes another patch they better fucking buff scorpion. I'm sick of my favorite character in this game being so bad. I won't hold my breath though.*Sigh*

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Do you not realize how sketchy of TOing this is?

Do you really not?
It's not sketchy. We have no trouble enforcing the 'no pause' rule. How is this any different? Limit it to 2 df2s per combo; problem solved.

Brawl doesn't have issues enforcing no metaknight infinite cape glitch either.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Also we let Cyrax resets rock for 3 years, this isn't that much worse (this is also harder)
Not all of us played MK9. Stuff like that and Kabal are a small part of why I didn't.

If I saved money and practiced to go and compete at UFGT to get knocked out by this stupid shit, I personally may not return to the game. I realize I'm a nobody and as such nobody cares if I quit, but yeah, this shit will get people like me out of this scene.

It's really a confusion, you don't want to end up like smash with so many rule sets that your game looks stupid. I am aware it's only Batgirl, but rules need to be easily understood.
Using Smash as an example counteracts your point considering they are the biggest non-Capcom fighting game scene out there, and the only one to have never received backing from the company that made the game.
They may have made a lot of rules, but they worked.
The smash scene knows all of it's rules, and despite how vague some of them are (And stuff like the "No scrooging" and "No stalling" rules were vague as all hell), there was never any issue with enforcing them that I have seen/heard of.

You could poke out of NDC pressure. It's not like you just have to pray for your opponent to mess up. It's not the same as this.
Not if you are a big hitbox character in MK 9 who has to eat 2xx ndc ducking leaving him at +9 and KABAL you are playing has good execution. Poke out here!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not all of us played MK9. Stuff like that and Kabal are a small part of why I didn't.

If I saved money and practiced to go and compete at UFGT to get knocked out by this stupid shit, I personally may not return to the game. I realize I'm a nobody and as such nobody cares if I quit, but yeah, this shit will get people like me out of this scene.
You could go to PSASBR, I hear they buffed Big Daddy.
They also made him susceptible to level 1 Parappa confirms midscreen because he is even heavier now and low enough to tag with it.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
This is absurd. I managed to get 10 FB in a row during my very first five minutes of training this shit, and I can consistently do 5. Once you get the "rythm", it's easy to do. Welcome to Injustice: Groove among us.

Any Street Fighter player used to one frame links will be able to do this in no time. It HAS to be hotfixed (or patched) as soon as possible.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
You could go to PSASBR, I hear they buffed Big Daddy.
They also made him susceptible to level 1 Parappa confirms midscreen because he is even heavier now and low enough to tag with it.
Did you try the game again since the patch? BD was never my problem; the netcode/bugs were, and those got, not surprisingly, even worse from the hour I played when it came out. (EDIT: That said, they made it so jumps are grab immune frame 0, so that kind of wrecked my entire oki-centered playstyle for BD.)

That said, I like Injustice. A lot. I'd rather not have all the time/effort/fun I've had with the game ruined by a ridiculous infinite.

If I did end up switching though I'd probably either play Tekken or Project M since I have a good local scene for both (Marvel as well, but fuck Vergil. I legitimately think he's better than Dark Pheonix ever was.).

Last edited:

SonicFox5000

The Best.
People cant seem to understand that you cant simply ban it. Wont work. You can literally see if your opponent is doing the infinite. 3 reps is reasonable due to it not doing as much damage as her normal bnb. I could get 3 of these off an anti air flying bat.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
People cant seem to understand that you cant simply ban it. Wont work. You can literally see if your opponent is doing the infinite. 3 reps is reasonable due to it not doing as much damage as her normal bnb. I could get 3 of these off an anti air flying bat.
You can very easily ban it. Just make a rule saying you can't use flying bat more than twice in a combo.

Evidently part of the reason you can get 3 of these off an anti-air df2 is the fact that there is no gravity scaling, allowing for the infinite in the first place.

@colt

hey... remember the last time tym imploded like this? it was nerfed bc you "listen to the community"

just remember... this is the best chance to save the game. address mmh please.