What's new

Strategy Batgirl Pressure and Mixup thread.

Superman can't even regular laser against batgirl..

Batmans batarang, .
This is more a matchup discussion, but Superman's heatzap is actually really difficult to smoke bomb because you have to react to his windup and not the laser. If the laser is actually out, he'll be able to block and you'll get put in the hurt locker. Not to mention sometimes getting tagged out of the air or on the way up from the thing.

My main training partner plays superman, it happens all the time.

However, he can never ever do laser sweep, air or ground.

Batmans batarang, .
Batman can react/bait your smoke bomb by MB the batarang, and he recovers instantly. Full combo punish.

This is more a matchup discussion, but Superman's heatzap is actually really difficult to smoke bomb because you have to react to his windup and not the laser. If the laser is actually out, he'll be able to block and you'll get put in the hurt locker. Not to mention sometimes getting tagged out of the air or on the way up from the thing.

My main training partner plays superman, it happens all the time.

However, he can never ever do laser sweep, air or ground.

Batman can react/bait your smoke bomb by MB the batarang, and he recovers instantly. Full combo punish.
Yeah that might be/probably is correct.. but still, valid tactic for loads of zoning moves in the game. And I know the straight laser is a bit faster, but im not having problems reacting to it if im mashing d on distance, and just reacting with the 3.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah that might be/probably is correct.. but still, valid tactic for loads of zoning moves in the game. And I know the straight laser is a bit faster, but im not having problems reacting to it if im mashing d on distance, and just reacting with the 3.
Mashing down isn't really a viable tactic... it means you can't move, it also means they get to approach you for free.

Also RenegadeVA can't df2 be techrolled? Doesn't that completely destroy any hit advantage?

I'm telling you, if you're not doing slightly anticipatory Smoke Bombs (hereafter known as YOLO smoke bomb)... be prepared to get blocked by Superman after heat zap. I will only do it if I'm desperate, have clash, or have low 1st round health. I've had it blocked that many times.

Mashing d during jumps is fine. Mashing d when you're on the ground completely gives you away as to what you're going for.

Mashing down isn't really a viable tactic... it means you can't move, it also means they get to approach you for free.

Also RenegadeVA can't df2 be techrolled? Doesn't that completely destroy any hit advantage?

Yeah, df2 can be techrolled. Depending on the roll that can be good or bad.

I wasn't saying DF2 to end combos was a thing, just that I was experimenting using enders that allowed for continued mixups that would have higher chances of success than 50% on unaware opponents.

For example: Comboing into bola... then using JI2, 21 then jump forward 3.

If you are in the same stance as them, you won't cross up.
If not, you will.

Doing B2U3, B3U3 D2 Bola. Walk forward, then jump 3 timed right as they "bust out" of the bola. The "bust out" animation moves them forward, and j3 looks like it jumps forward to cross up. Obviously a slightly earlier jump or J3 won't cross up.

B2U3, B3U3, J2, then D1. If they tech roll back, you can dash and then cross them up pretty easily.

You can also do B2U3, B3U3, J2, F212 DF2 MB, and drop the combo there for a ton of advantage.
Also you can end combos with interactible bounces for hard knockdowns and buff advantages.

I'm telling you, if you're not doing slightly anticipatory Smoke Bombs (hereafter known as YOLO smoke bomb)... be prepared to get blocked by Superman after heat zap. I will only do it if I'm desperate, have clash, or have low 1st round health. I've had it blocked that many times.

Mashing d during jumps is fine. Mashing d when you're on the ground completely gives you away as to what you're going for.
If they rush in, it's easy to backdash, u can also tap b2 for the cartwheel.. you can pretty much do whatever you want. Im talking almost fullscreen here, which gives you plenty of time to react if they go in. And it makes them hesitate going for lasers or zoning moves from other characters which are reactable, which makes it easy for you to anticipate that they are rushing in or whatever they choose to do. Watch only your opponent and react to their next move. Yes you give away what your going to do, but you don't have to do anything. Make them hesitate is a good tactic regardless. Im having great success with it, so im not gonna stop doing it. If the opponent knows ur style (sparring partner or you have played several matches in a row) there is gonna be extra meta to think about though. But yeah, it's been working great for me. Made me level up bigtime. Just have to pick ur spot, when you have a slight read that they're gonna do something, can sense that they are impationt. Agree to disagree on this one mate :)

If they rush in, it's easy to backdash, u can also tap b2 for the cartwheel.. you can pretty much do whatever you want. Im talking almost fullscreen here, which gives you plenty of time to react if they go in.

Agree to disagree on this one mate :)

No. Because you're clearly wrong.

Maybe this works in ranked matches online where you only play one game against someone...

Mashing D full screen does nothing for Batgirl, because once your opponent realizes what you're doing, they'll stop trying to throw vulnerable projectiles, or try to trick you into doing one by accident and blowing you up for it.

As I said, mashing D while jumping is ok, because you're moving FORWARD while preparing smoke bomb, as opposed to sitting there looking like a jackass.

Even worse, they walk forward and end up cornering you.

You can't just toss out cartwheel anymore, good players are Fuzzy Blocking it and punishing now.

Here are the things you COULD be doing instead of mashing D and praying that your opponent is a moron:

1) Throwing Bolas, which on trade still allow for followups
2) Cancelling Bolas for meter (every meter is approx 10% more damage per vortex at least)
3) Throwing batarangs
4) DASHING/MOVING FORWARD TRYING TO CORNER THEM.

In high level play, you can't just wait for mistakes, you have to force them.

Your strategy is akin to me saying:

HOW TO BEAT KEN IN STREET FIGHTER:

BLOCK FIERCE DP THEN DO COMBO
JUMP OVER FIREBALL THEN DO COMBO
GG.

No. Because you're clearly wrong.

Maybe this works in ranked matches online where you only play one game against someone...

Mashing D full screen does nothing for Batgirl, because once your opponent realizes what you're doing, they'll stop trying to throw vulnerable projectiles, or try to trick you into doing one by accident and blowing you up for it.

Even worst, they walk forward and end up cornering you.

You can't just toss out cartwheel anymore, good players are Fuzzy Blocking it and punishing now.

Here are the things you COULD be doing instead of mashing D and praying that your opponent is a moron:

1) Throwing Bolas, which on trade still allow for followups
2) Cancelling Bolas for meter (every meter is approx 10% more damage per vortex at least)
3) Throwing batarangs
4) DASHING/MOVING FORWARD TRYING TO CORNER THEM.

In high level play, you can't just wait for mistakes, you have to force them.

You're strategy is akin to me saying:

HOW TO BEAT KEN IN STREET FIGHTER:

BLOCK FIERCE DP THEN DO COMBO
JUMP OVER FIREBALL THEN DO COMBO
GG.

Clearly wrong huh? :p As I mentioned above, there is more meta if ur opponent understand what ur doing, aka tricking you. But from spamming down you can also throw batarangs, dash forward, dash backwards, do bolas, cancel the bola, cartwheel, pretty much WHATEVER. It causes hesitation, even if you don't do anything, or you choose to throw batarang or whatever the hell you want. It tells your opponent that you are ready for his zoning, junping, throwing interactable, forward/backdash etc etc. If you say you cannot react to someone dashing in from fullscreen, then I don't know what kind of reactions you have :p You have ALOT of other options than just doing an obvious smoke bomb and get killed for it. Your just buffering the d, ive had great success with also buffering if I have some space, in pretty clutch situations, cus you can react heeeella fast because of all the options you have from it. Maybe you think im saying this:

"You gotta stay fullscreen pressing down all day and react with smoke bomb!"...

Wrong, that's not what im saying. Buffer the down from time to time to make it hell of alot easier to react to stuff. Smoke bomb is a great tool to punish so many moves in the game, whether it be zoning, or a whiffed string, or jumping or interactables. Batgirl has got pretty crappy zoning tools compared to other characters (batarang is good enough tho), and by creating that little hesitation, her zoning tools suddenly becomes alot better too (I get killed by zoning very often from distance by doing bola, cus it's slow, but by causing hesitation you suddenly buy your self more time to do the bola). People are scared of the smoke bomb because it's so fast, make em even more scared by having it locked and loaded when you have some space and they can't hit you with a string/launcher. Im not wrong about this man. Use all the options as well as smoke bomb, then buffering d when you have some space becomes an amazing tool. Reacting with raw smoke bombs, well that is asking to get blocked and punished. BUFFER IT! lol.. (It's like buffering kings giant swing in tekken) And if you don't agree with me, fine, whatever. Agree to disagree.

List of things you can do by buffering d:

* Obviously smoke bomb
* b2 for cartwheel
* b1 for batarang
* b3 for bat-evade
* f2 (not effective cus of the bad range, but you still have the option)

Or you can just do nothing, using it as a hesitation tool (send the message that you have it locked and loaded) and do:

* backdash
* forward dash
* a string
* jump
* bola
* Whatever you'd like