What's new

Match-up Discussion Batgirl MUs Post 1.06

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't think she loses to DD, whiteboi does. Also, MMH is bad for server all reasons but until I get more experience I wanna hold off my judgement.

I said I think she has 1 bad MU and potentially 3 challenging ones. That's definitely better than KF, ohandytheresadogefacesoyouwerentserious ._.
You said "I think she...potentially loses to DD" ...

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I think Zod might be a good MU for Batgirl.
I usually do fine against khaotic armor so I used to think this was a winning mu but then i played pig at MLG.... That didn't go well lol. At least the way pig was playing it, its hard to catch him.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
i wish i could play you, i just feel really comfortable at running away from her with him
I've played sets against Rashaan and Pig. It seems a lot of the setups that Zod uses to get trait out don't work on Batgirl, that and he's one of the few characters that she outfootsies.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can someone describe the MU to me from Batgirls perspective vs NW?
Trying to get in on staff NW, blocking d1 and staff pressure, look to whiff punish shit into vortex.

There isn't a whole lot BG can do against staff pressure up close without taking huge risks. The BG will also have to get past ground pound spam by looking for an opening to get a bola in (which will afford her a free dash on block) If the BG has to approach, NW can control the pace of the match, if the NW need approach, BG does.

Escrima does have it's uses near the end of a match but in general escrima zoning is much easier to get around. Be wary of throwing wing dings cause if it's jumped it's a full tele punish. Also I think BG is one of the characters which causes flip kick to whiff by crouching.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Trying to get in on staff NW, blocking d1 and staff pressure, look to whiff punish shit into vortex.

There isn't a whole lot BG can do against staff pressure up close without taking huge risks. The BG will also have to get past ground pound spam by looking for an opening to get a bola in (which will afford her a free dash on block) If the BG has to approach, NW can control the pace of the match, if the NW need approach, BG does.

Escrima does have it's uses near the end of a match but in general escrima zoning is much easier to get around. Be wary of throwing wing dings cause if it's jumped it's a full tele punish. Also I think BG is one of the characters which causes flip kick to whiff by crouching.
OK...I feel very similar but its always good to hear it from the other perspective. I don't like gp pressure vs her because I fear the teleport but that is the meta. GP vs tele - both get blown up for guessing wrong.

Ok I feel like an idiot. Which is not uncommon for this game.

So I'm playing a nightwing player. And I hesitate to call him not good an account of the fact he beat me like 4-1. However I was getting my ass handed to me by flying grayson.

I mean id block it and seemingly I had no optionss after that. I couldn't reach with a b1. And cartwheel was blocked every time. Am I stupid/slow/victim of lag or all 3?

Youphemism

Ok I feel like an idiot. Which is not uncommon for this game.

So I'm playing a nightwing player. And I hesitate to call him not good an account of the fact he beat me like 4-1. However I was getting my ass handed to me by flying grayson.

I mean id block it and seemingly I had no optionss after that. I couldn't reach with a b1. And cartwheel was blocked every time. Am I stupid/slow/victim of lag or all 3?
Flying grayson is -3 I think so you can't punish it lol

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
So I have a question. I was BA vs a BG and he did b1,2(?) and I would block it and try to d1 check but I got beat out by her dp. Is it cause I can't d1? Or is this an online issue? Thanks in advance.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
So I have a question. I was BA vs a BG and he did b1,2(?) and I would block it and try to d1 check but I got beat out by her dp. Is it cause I can't d1? Or is this an online issue? Thanks in advance.
Dp comes out 8 frames after b12 is blocked so you need to be on point with your d1 especially online.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
As a non-MMH main you wouldn't understand, but I feel in control in this MU at all times.
I agree that MMH badly out-footsies her and his zoning can be annoying to get around; but one correct read in the neutral is all it takes for batgirl to come back. Especially on certain stages. This is what makes it 5-5.

There's also other MU specific stuff such as MMH's OH tele getting checked with a free cartwheel when blocked so he can't exactly throw that out whenever and the fact that mb f3 beats all his wakeups (also d3).

For what it's worth, I feel the same about the AM, DD and Sinestro MUs.

Youphemism

I'd say Bane 6-4, Superman 5-5, and arguably Scorpion 7-3 and Aquaman 4-6. Arguably.

You can lame out Bane, Superman outdamages her, of course has comboable OTG divebombs, the neutral game is just super even in my opinion and if Superman is a better Wonder Woman as some say then surely he has to do just as well if not better than her?, Aquaman has much better ranged tools for footsies, a very good uppercut for anti-airing which I know can be avoided by teleport but still costs you meter, he is one of the few who can punish b2u3 and doesn't need to respect cartwheel at all if he has trait, and lastly Scorpion doesn't have any safe options on his vortex and every option costs meter and it doesn't do as much damage. I just don't see it but feel free to explain to me why you think I'm wrong.

My opinion :)