What's new

Batgirl, honestly

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lately I've been hearing "Batgirl is broken" and "Batgirl is OP" and to be honest it's just you guys not finding ways around her. Now, DO NOT BY ANY MEANS TAKE THIS AS A DOWNPLAYING THREAD, IT ISN'T. All I'm doing is stating facts about Batgirl that people seem to ignore. She is not "broken" ok? She's just very good. Top 5? Yeah probably, I wouldn't dispute that. But here's some facts to bring you criers back to reality.

1. Batgirl's vortex is safe, but it's still negative. If you block it grow a pair of balls and d1 check or backdash or whatever and get out of there.
2. Batgirl's overhead option, b2u3, is -7 so quit crying and practice punishing it. Your character doesn't have a 6 frame d1 or normal? Backdash. You're pushed back far enough anyway lol. Low option though is only -2 so d1 check fool! Or figure something out yourself, practice mode is always available :p
3. Cartwheel has three options, three of them are punishable: two if blocked and the other by whiff. Learn to punish these options correctly and have a wonderful time. Hint: With up cartwheel being +2 on block, we will most likely throw this out so expect it, and if the overhead hits you it's not the end of the world since we can't do much after it... Refer to PL's video where he shows you how to block it if you require further assistance.
4. Her anti-airing teleport is horrendously negative on block. Still don't like it? Stay out of the air then, simple. Some can even just backdash it.
5. Anti airing 6-frame uppercut is also punishable on block. See above.
6. Her footsies are upplayed, they're ok.
7. Her ability to get in besides teleport (which is still punishable btw) isn't that great to be honest, bat evade 1 and dashing only gets you so far.
8. Her vortex midscreen damage isn't amazing either, and to even scratch 40% she's usually giving up her chance at vortex.
9. B2u3 and b2d3 are backdashable after the b2, PRACTICE IT instead of whining. This could be useful to those with fast backdashes and/or those who cannot punish b2u3 on block.
10. Cartwheel is stuffable on wakeup, refer to Jupiter at Civil War VI

Since all of you are now probably moaning that I'm wack and downplaying, here are some of her pros:

1. Yup her corner damage is great. No argument there :)
2. She always seems to have meter, which is great for clash.
3. Her vortex is fuzziable, not impossible but very hard. This will require much practice.
4. Her mobility is alright I suppose: fast dash, bat evade 1, teleport for punishes, but not the best.
5. Her low vortex launcher is only -2, no punish for you :D
6. You jump, you get teleported or flying bat...ted
7. B2u3 on block is -7 but unpunishable by most of the cast due to pushback. Not entirely unpunishable though, 1/3 of the characters can. Refer to both Pan1c's and KevoDaMan's threads if necessary.
8. Her corner game/tech is pretty good...but who's isn't?
9. Most interactables are nullified due to teleport, and that's a free combo into vortex if it hits.

If I'm missing anything here let me know. But my point here is SHE ISN'T BROKEN NOR IS SHE OP. Just practice with your character and find ways to get around it. If what I've written here isn't enough then go find something yourself because I'm sure there'll be something.

I only made this thread to prove a point, not to downplay. I do understand Batgirl is a very good character, don't get me wrong, but as a Batgirl main it gets kind of annoying watching people cry about a character who does have holes in her offense and defense that people tend to ignore or not try to work around in practice. This should help you realise some things, good luck.

Discuss whether you think she is broken/OP or not by all means, don't derail the topic at hand by discussing something like reactions. I'm only posting this for the sake of the community.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Downplaying is good, it makes you fuck with the other player's and and the the other player thinks you dont know what you are doing with your character, but then you own them the next two rounds. Dont lie, you KNOW Im saying the truth.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Downplaying is good, it makes you fuck with the other player's and and the the other player thinks you dont know what you are doing with your character, but then you own them the next two rounds. Dont lie, you KNOW Im saying the truth.
shhh thats supposed to be a secret :p

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm not that good at this game but I do make an attempt to learn how to get around characters bs. I'm still having trouble with MMH, Flash, GL, and Sinestro, nut I'm learning what I can punish and backdash etc. Batgirl is good yes, but "broken" has just become an adjective to player salt at this point.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
someone make a martian manhunter downplaying thread next pls
Looks like all the top tiers are going to get downplay threads .
IT'S NOT A DOWNPLAY THREAD, READ THE OP

I KNOW she's good, that's one of the reasons I play her, but there's reasons she isn't the best. I was merely stating a few. I also stated some of her pros which make her top tier, if you hadn't noticed

I'm not that good at this game but I do make an attempt to learn how to get around characters bs. I'm still having trouble with MMH, Flash, GL, and Sinestro, nut I'm learning what I can punish and backdash etc. Batgirl is good yes, but "broken" has just become an adjective to player salt at this point.
You really do suck against GL

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
IT'S NOT A DOWNPLAY THREAD, READ THE OP

I KNOW she's good, that's one of the reasons I play her, but there's reasons she isn't the best. I was merely stating a few. I also stated some of her pros which make her top tier, if you hadn't noticed
lol i read i know but batgirl is broke the only reason she isnt the best in the game is there is an even more broken character or 2 in it