What's new

Tech Batgirl Corner Wakeup Reversal

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I haven't seen any threads on this, but it looks like Batgirl can flip her opponent's position in the corner like Doomsday can where their wake up move will come out the wrong direction. Here is a video of her doing it off a successful dive kick. Just a slightly delayed dash will do it after a knockdown, the timing isn't hard at all.

Edit: Looks like I was late to the party, Rip found this a while ago. GGS

Credit to @Rip Torn

http://testyourmight.com/threads/batgirl-wakeup-reversal-ambiguous-cross-up.36216/

Last edited:

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Hella cool but im just gonna assume every character can do this now.

(Arrow, doomsday, Lantern, Bane, Flash, batman, batgirl)
Nice find

RiBBz22

I'm pretty sure there's been several threads on this... :/ I've been doing this for a while.

Heavily delayed wakeups will beat this setup though; I tested with @Gilbagz about 2/3 weeks ago.

EDIT

http://testyourmight.com/threads/batgirl-wakeup-reversal-ambiguous-cross-up.36216/
Ah yeah I remember seeing that thread now but I never really use those setups so I guess I forgot about it. Must not have clicked cause I was scrubbing the forum for thread titles. Anyways, how good are they?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ah yeah I remember seeing that thread now but I never really use those setups so I guess I forgot about it. Must not have clicked cause I was scrubbing the forum for thread titles. Anyways, how good are they?
It's actually not that bad. You can dash up after db33, reverse their wakeup, then go for a 33/33/33 (crossup divekick, regular divekick, b2, b1) since they won't wanna wakeup. This setup obviously works better against some characters and not at all against other characters. For example, it's really good against KF but not so good against DS.

After ending combos with cartwheel in the corner, if they don't tech roll, you can dash up jump to reverse their wakeup too. Depending on what it is you can then come down with a j2, 111 into 53% swag combo... or just the regular 34% reset one.

RiBBz22

What about making bf3 work exactly like trident rush? If you use her chip trait it does 40% on block. Thoughts, feelings?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's all good man… this tech could use some more exposure. I will post some new Batgirl tech in a bit and will make sure you're tagged.

Also, @Pan1cMode she is 100% safe to block any wakeup and punish including DS sword flip.
Flash's Lightning kick, BA's cage :(

What I meant was you can't go for the 33/33/33 against certain characters cause their wakeups will still hit you. Sure you can block and punish, but you might as well not have reversed them then (if you catch my drift?).

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Flash's Lightning kick, BA's cage :(

I meant was you can't go for the 33/33/33 against certain characters cause their wakeups will still hit you. Sure you can block and punish, but you might as well not have reversed them then (if you catch my drift?).
Yes the 33/33/33 mixup is a bit more dangerous and i wouldn't recommend it as much since they can wakeup. I would reverse their wake ups often though because it is 100% safe and severely limits their options. They will also have to input the desired wakeup backwards in order for it to work. After a while, they will probably start doing it right and thats when you can make it whiff or blow it up.