What's new

Question Baraka's D1/D3 Start Up Frames Question

would you switch?

• Total voters

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just wondering peoples answer on this...

so that baraka's D1 is 7 frames and his D3 is 6 frames,
If you could would you switch the start up frames of these two normals or do you like it the way it is now??

personally i like it the way it is because of the hit/block and cancel frames of D3 to D1.
imo having D3 at 6 frames out weights having D1s AA properties and D1~slices properties being only 1 frame slower

discuss...

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
If his D3 lowered his hitbox like it did with other characters, then I'd definitely say leave it as is. But it doesn't, so I'd say having a 6f D1 would benefit Raka a lot more since one of his biggest weaknesses is crossover jump-ins when the opponent reads a D3. It'd cover crossups a little better and make your frame traps a little better. If you read your opponent will jump after say F44, the D1 will hit more consistently, and you could then hit confirm the AA into 4~Blade Charge. Basically him having a 6f D1 would make for better frame traps imo, especially against big hitbox characters. It'd make things like the Kit MU or the KL matchup a little easier as well (as long as you're player 1).

1man3letters

If his D3 lowered his hitbox like it did with other characters, then I'd definitely say leave it as is. But it doesn't, so I'd say having a 6f D1 would benefit Raka a lot more since one of his biggest weaknesses is crossover jump-ins when the opponent reads a D3. It'd cover crossups a little better and make your frame traps a little better. If you read your opponent will jump after say F44, the D1 will hit more consistently, and you could then hit confirm the AA into 4~Blade Charge. Basically him having a 6f D1 would make for better frame traps imo, especially against big hitbox characters. It'd make things like the Kit MU or the KL matchup a little easier as well (as long as you're player 1).
yea i wish barakas d3 was kenshi/mileena like for evading those jip :(
althought what you were saying there about d3 getting crossed over, d3s duration on whiff is 20 frames and you need around 30(i think) for safe crossover,sometimes im able to spin/ex charge a after a d3 is crossed over,d1 gets beat by jik though.
lol even the option of the poor mans anti air is there of jumping back and letting the jip hit you in air

Personally I find that d3 is the most useful poke with baraka and I don't think 1 frame would make that much difference as d1 into slices seems to whiff at least the 1st hit on block or is that just me.

1man3letters

Personally I find that d3 is the most useful poke with baraka and I don't think 1 frame would make that much difference as d1 into slices seems to whiff at least the 1st hit on block or is that just me.
there are at of variables with d1/d3~slices,
with the one you mentioned there 1st hit of slices will whiff on lowhitbox chars while doin d1~slices

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah I don't get why the community is under the impression that start-up frames have bearing on how viable a normal is for AAing, Liu's and Quan's D1s can be used to AA, it's because of their lumpy crouching hitboxes that they end up getting stuffed most of the time.

Sektor has a 6 frame D1 but to be honest, I'd honestly much rather swap the properties for Liu's, at least it has reach.

Back on topic, hmm, it's a weird one, but I think you guys have it good considering Lao was given a 9 frame D3 to compensate for his UNSAFE Spin :tonyt

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I voted keep as is simply because it is the safer poke and d1 on block is -13, making the poke full combo punishable on block depending on who you are facing.