What's new

Video/Tutorial Baraka the underrated

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Plain and simple, if you time Baraka's df2 you can beat almost every character. EX the move when you need to armor through something. I never mained Baraka but from playing with him as a pure counter character, he's very viable with punishing a twitch, even a sneeze.

To me the low tiers are Kano, Sheeva, Jade, Stryker, Noob, Baraka, Cyber Sub, Rain, Nightwolf, Sindel. Those are bottom 10 in no particular order imo and I think Baraka is the best out of that bunch.
dont waste your time bro!im realizing that in this forum you cant say good things about low tiers,if you do they call you dumb!only top tiers are ok to discuss!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Plain and simple, if you time Baraka's df2 you can beat almost every character. EX the move when you need to armor through something. I never mained Baraka but from playing with him as a pure counter character, he's very viable with punishing a twitch, even a sneeze.
Yes because you can totally not get armored through it and win purely off of blade charges.

(I actually have done that before, but still lol)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If we do another low tier tournament at GGA, I might try to use him. I personally think hes not bottom 5 but without a doubt bottom 10. Hes a cut above the lowest tier chars, IMO. Theres lots of gimmicks and stuff that normally goes unpunished that Baraka can rely on, but once his opponents start punishing his stuff or knowing when to just jump out I think it can be rough.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Guys, I found a Sub Zero combo that leads to a reset and if they don't block afterwards, they get combo'd again. Sub Zero is so underrated and if only you guys played me you would see. I'm the best Sub Zero in the world and he actually does really good against characters like Kenshi and Kabal. Trust me, I've played against a lot of top Kenshi and Kabal players and made it very competitive, he seems to struggle more against low tier characters like Sheeva since they can jump over his ice clone and you can't block it.

:eek:

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
To me the low tiers are Kano, Sheeva, Jade, Stryker, Noob, Baraka, Cyber Sub, Rain, Nightwolf, Sindel. Those are bottom 10 in no particular order imo and I think Baraka is the best out of that bunch.
Nightwolf? He is not low tier. Mid yeah, but low!?!?

dont waste your time bro!im realizing that in this forum you cant say good things about low tiers,if you do they call you dumb!only top tiers are ok to discuss!
You are exactly right about that. But they are right though. These characters are horrible compared to the top tier but if you look at them without factoring in top tier, they are actually balanced and no longer bad. Every character has been represented at the highest possible level so most can agree on top 5 and bottom 5. Ain't nothing wrong with supporting a low tier but don't try to hype them up unless you found practical dirt that would convince people otherwise.

You are exactly right about that. But they are right though. These characters are horrible compared to the top tier but if you look at them without factoring in top tier, they are actually balanced and no longer bad. Every character has been represented at the highest possible level so most can agree on top 5 and bottom 5. Ain't nothing wrong with supporting a low tier but don't try to hype them up unless you found practical dirt that would convince people otherwise.
thats what i wanted when i posted the stryker and baraka videos was only to show my "moves" and possibly discuss the gameplay and fundamentals,and everyone starts to hate on character saying he's low tier this match up that,i really dont care about top /low ranks match ups ,we must play with the character we like, being a top or low tier,if you like you play with him,and share knowledge,but its been IMPOSSIBLE to do that.cheers!!