What's new

Baraka Match Ups

It seems that Baraka's b4 is really good against liu. After the knockdown from b4, baraka can dash in to d3 and then hold block. If liu goes for u3 the block comes out in time and it's your turn. This os also works against liu's u2; it blows up u2. Additionally, this is better than attempting to meaty with a string, since liu can still roll out and whiff punish the meaty attempt. This os (dash-->d3-->block) invalidates attempts to whiff punish after a roll. I need to test this against other characters. More to follow in a few days
sounds great. would love to see a demo to confirm if I'm doing it right. :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Matches i think baraka loses at this point in game.

Cetrion
Jade
Skarlet
Frost
Shang

Cassie i could go either way on,
Same with dow subzero

Vs top tier in game,
He does well against geras, both mauarder amd berserker. Possible adv geras though.
He beats liu kang imo.
He goes even with or beats Jacqui
Still dont have enough Sonya exp to comment on mu, no sonyas to play, he could lose.
Cage he does well against, best to pick mauarder for him

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Matches i think baraka loses at this point in game.

Cetrion
Jade
Skarlet
Frost
Shang

Cassie i could go either way on,
Same with dow subzero

Vs top tier in game,
He does well against geras, both mauarder amd berserker. Possible adv geras though.
He beats liu kang imo.
He goes even with or beats Jacqui
Still dont have enough Sonya exp to comment on mu, no sonyas to play, he could lose.
Cage he does well against, best to pick mauarder for him

Cetrion and Frost seem like bad match ups, but I don't see Skarlet or Jade being an issue. The damage factor, the gaps they have and so forth. I've never seen DJT struggle or lose to any Jades in high level play offline even. Seems pretty 5-5 to me particularly with Marauder where if Jade is wrong she's eating huge damage and if you are wrong most times you're eating at most 18% for a bar which is a far cry from what Baraka gets for a bar and Baraka has strong offense up close too and great options for checking her at a distance especially if she whiffs something.

I don't understand Skarlet being a concern either actually, I'd like to hear your reasoning cause I don't feel like the zoning is a big issue. Maybe I'm playing vastly inferior Skarlets, but I feel extremely okay against her with Baraka.

I could see him beating Cassie in this current version of the game, even prepatch I felt like Baraka could just harass her well, but more so now because she lacks her safe, gapless special to escape the corner. Liu Kang is an interesting one, I could see it, it definitely feels a lot easier than Jade versus Liu Kang lol. I'd like to hear your reasoning for this one as well.

I think Johnny is an extremely comfortable match up right now surprisingly for Baraka as well.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Cetrion and Frost seem like bad match ups, but I don't see Skarlet or Jade being an issue. The damage factor, the gaps they have and so forth. I've never seen DJT struggle or lose to any Jades in high level play offline even. Seems pretty 5-5 to me particularly with Marauder where if Jade is wrong she's eating huge damage and if you are wrong most times you're eating at most 18% for a bar which is a far cry from what Baraka gets for a bar and Baraka has strong offense up close too and great options for checking her at a distance especially if she whiffs something.

I don't understand Skarlet being a concern either actually, I'd like to hear your reasoning cause I don't feel like the zoning is a big issue. Maybe I'm playing vastly inferior Skarlets, but I feel extremely okay against her with Baraka.

I could see him beating Cassie in this current version of the game, even prepatch I felt like Baraka could just harass her well, but more so now because she lacks her safe, gapless special to escape the corner. Liu Kang is an interesting one, I could see it, it definitely feels a lot easier than Jade versus Liu Kang lol. I'd like to hear your reasoning for this one as well.

I think Johnny is an extremely comfortable match up right now surprisingly for Baraka as well.
Personally think marauder worse choice for both those mus and sure baraka has more gaps then both of them like,

Jade. air glave problem with barakas movement/jump, outranges him and baraka cant zone her cause flash obviously, she controls pace off the match, thank fuck she doesn't do more damage or vs emerald defender being even more of a pain lol

Same with skarlet, baraka playing her game all match, lose trade with tounge so that baraka has one worse movements in game getting past the 2 you have to block from coming into where you can do anything about guessing right on her zoning tele away, outranged on normals again the heals help alot. Berseker def my go to for that now though, out of the two for me atm jade worse

Not saying im "right" just thought id share my opinion on mus, wont pull them into the convo but had discussions with players of both sides that also agree.

Out of all them though cetrion only really one wbere i think its really not worth trying to ride out the mu, just pick a diff character lol
Hopefully sindel will mop her :D