What's new

Baraka D1 Follow up

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
B3 stagger is really good, or go for the entire string and hitconfirm into stab. I also go for 112 and hitconfirm that into stab or ex projectile. If they block the ex projectile then you can go for f44 for a whiff punish. You can also even go for another d1 to chop chop too.

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
Baraka's d1 is plus 10, and his s1 is 7 frames, so a relatively easy jail. If you can't jail the d1 after, b31 will meaty the counter poke if they try to poke again, and is hit confirmable. The problem is that b31 or b312 are both less safe than 112 and leaves you closer, but it's really your choice.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Chop chop
Another D1 or D poke - especially df1 or df3 (to condition them to block low)
Hop attacks (if you've conditioned them to block low)
Back step (to bait and whiff punish)
Walk forward throw (if you have balls)
Flag (if you think they'll block/not press any buttons)

Wallach

Noob
To be honest I feel like you should be using D3 a lot more than D1. They have very similar ranges (and most often when you're wanting these buttons you are point blank anyway) but D3 is +14 on hit and gives you whatever you want pretty much. +14 on hit is easier to visually confirm and still jail if you want the high starter.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
D1 chop chop all day. Then D1 grab.

To be honest I feel like you should be using D3 a lot more than D1. They have very similar ranges (and most often when you're wanting these buttons you are point blank anyway) but D3 is +14 on hit and gives you whatever you want pretty much. +14 on hit is easier to visually confirm and still jail if you want the high starter.
Maruader D1 has the extended hitbox so its better in footsies. D3 is point black range only.

Wallach

Noob
D1 chop chop all day. Then D1 grab.

Maruader D1 has the extended hitbox so its better in footsies. D3 is point black range only.
It has DF1 (DF3 too), but I didn't think we were talking about either of those buttons. You wouldn't really DF1 out of pressure unless they've been shimmying you on staggers because DF1 pushes too far back on hit for anything but dash cancel F4 (or just a blind F44 but that is a pretty dumb decision).

medleyoz

Noob
D1 chop chop
I always forget about blocked pokes into chop chop. So used to trying to just play safe that I forget to try and condition the opponent to sit there and not take their turn.

Played a Geras today who D1'd no matter if I hit them or they blocked a D1 and couldn't get D1 to jail into 112 as he'd just poke under it (couldn't in training mode either -not sure if it's a hitbox thing or if I just suck) . Ended up adapting and just going for F4 into gutted as I knew he wasn't blocking and blew him up. Ended up counter poking with D3 and jailing him into 112 in the second game. I was so confused as it was 3 games in a row where I was just blowing him up for 37% over and over and he never adapted and kept mashing D1 when I was + .

Error404

Noob
Why ever do d1 into chop chop? Isn't it better to do d1 into gutted if you are willing to risk getting punished?

kostikla

Noob
Why ever do d1 into chop chop? Isn't it better to do d1 into gutted if you are willing to risk getting punished?
It's a bit easier to punish gutted in comparison to chop chop, no? If we're not talking about pro players of course. You can always vary the duration of the chop chop that will make it a bit more harder to punish.